PDA

View Full Version : Morning cardio on empty stomach

Sinep
06-02-2003, 10:36 AM
I read in Men Health that morning cardio on empty stomach is nothing but another myth. Apparently, the body burns fat mostly while you sleep so when you wake up, you have plenty of carbs so they recommendent to simply do cardio when you feel like it. What's the word on this?

lick
06-02-2003, 10:57 AM
ive heard from several people on this board that you shouldnt do cardio on an empty stomach during the morning. i dont think it was because you burn fat while you were asleep, though.

tjwes
06-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Your body is in a catabolic state after sleeping for 8 hours or so with no food.Besides you will have glycogen stored in your liver which are carbs to use as fuel.Do cardio after your weight training ,the weights will deplete your carbs somewhat then the cardio will finish the job enabling you to burn fat as fuel.

chops
06-05-2003, 05:02 PM
http://www.eas.com/q-a_sub_answers.asp?QuestionID=8974

i've heard that if you are going for performance, you should eat
if you are going for weight loss, do cardio on empty and wait at least one hour post.

i am a newbie and in my recent experience, the not eating rule and HIIT don't go hand in hand (fatigue), however cardio on empty has been no problem.

GhettoSmurf
06-05-2003, 05:48 PM
IMO, the reason cardio on empty in the morning works best for weight loss, is becuase you lose more MUSCLE!

KingJustin
06-05-2003, 06:57 PM
30 minutes before you run, in the morning take:

A Banana
A little water
Gatorade Mixed with Water
A little more water
1 cup whey mixed with WATER (NOT MILK)