PDA

View Full Version : Before and New Before Pics

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Ok, I titled the thread as such, as I still consider myself to be a before shot. I am happy that I have progressed, but know that I could have done much better. People have noticed around me though, including some people at work, a guy at the gym and a girl that hadn't seen me in a few months and said I look *ahem* amazing. :D Don't worry it hasn't gone to my head, as I feel that I am far from anything great, and have a boat load of work to do before I'm satisfied.

I'm posting some pics as I commited to a contest between myself and Callahan, with some cash on the line. Basically, it was whoever could induce the greatest transformation, from fat, to less fat I guess. I stalled a few times being sick twice, and having a training/diet relapse on a few occaisions. I'm pretty much out of excuses, other than the final one. I ate 1.5 medium pizzas and consumed 6 or 7 beers the night before I took the pics I'm posting, so that I think made me look slightly less lean than I normally am. But whatever.

The before pics are of crappy quality, taken a while back with a sony mavica. I copied them onto the new pics where comparisons are applicable. The befores are smaller of course, and the lighting with that camera is brutal, so please keep that in mind.

Anyway, enough sh!t talking.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 05:53 PM
First pic is a sorta made up pose, side twist or somethin.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Second pair is a better side shot, showing good detail on the "handles of love."

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Next is front double Bi. Now I can't hit this pose for the life of me. It's like night and day what the cam says versus what *I* see in the mirror, with my superior, non-biased vision!

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Ok again, rear lat was sucking big time. You can tell that there is a great change in the taper, but in the mirror I see a lot more cuts normally too. Maybe it was the bad diet the night before, or maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't there in the mirror.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 05:58 PM
I know you foos will say something about legs so here you go.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 05:58 PM
Here is a side leg shot, no comparison photo for it though.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Here's the calves. I think it's impossible to take a calf shot. I look at them, see bulges, see teardrop, feel multiple cuts, snap a pic, the f*cker is smooth. :mad: This is the best I could do.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 06:01 PM
Last pic, is an attempt at a most muscular but I screwed it up of course. Oh well, you can tell I'm slightly less flabby in the new pic, but the angles and such are different.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Well that's it. Go easy on me. I took the shots by putting my cam on 10 second timer on a book case and just going standing in front. It's a b*tch trying to either hold a pose, or time it properly, so as a result I was pretty gassed, and didn't get as many quality shots as I'd hoped to get.

I plan to continue cutting, but current cut was a drop roughly about 20lbs, from somewhere around 250-255 lbs, to 230-235 lbs currently.

ElPietro's Wardrobe provided by Calvin Klein.

Mystic Eric
06-02-2003, 06:27 PM
where are the pi....

chris mason
06-02-2003, 07:21 PM
There you go.

El, did you weigh a lot more at one time?

In any event, you have certainly leaned up and are looking much improved. Good job!

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 07:24 PM
I have been as high as 270 before. I'm guessing you are asking because of the stretch marks in many different areas, so yeah, my weight has had some rapid, major fluctuations in the past, so those are sorta a result of that. I quit smoking a couple times, and each time resulted in weight gains of anywhere from 30-40 lbs in under 4 months time. I finally got control of things, and have not had a cigarrette in a long time. It will be 2 years in december.

heathj
06-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Nice transformation...in how long of a time period is that?

chris mason
06-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Right, cool. Well, like I said, you are looking great, much trimmer.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Thanks Chris. Heath, I'd say it's roughly 2 months worth of semi-better eating, and more consistent training, with a bit more cardio now and then. Weekend diet was still sloppy as ever though.

I'm looking at a spreadsheet of weight measurements, and my digital scale still said I was 248.6lbs as of april 21th, my last measurement on may 31st I was 235lbs. So most of the weight loss occured in the final month. I started out around 253 on a scale that is ~5lbs lighter than the digital scale, so if the digi says 235 now, I am probably right around 230.

*Edited*

the doc
06-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Way to go man!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great work!

:thumbup:
Keep it up!

GhettoSmurf
06-02-2003, 08:05 PM
i agree, great transformation so far El. how much more weight are you trying to lose??

SoulOfKoRea
06-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Well that's it. Go easy on me. I took the shots by putting my cam on 10 second timer on a book case and just going standing in front. It's a b*tch trying to either hold a pose, or time it properly, so as a result I was pretty gassed, and didn't get as many quality shots as I'd hoped to get.

I plan to continue cutting, but current cut was a drop roughly about 20lbs, from somewhere around 250-255 lbs, to 230-235 lbs currently.

ElPietro's Wardrobe provided by Calvin Klein.

you're looking thick, but what body fat % do you think you'll stop cutting at? nonetheless, your back lat spread shows how much fat you lost on your sides/handles

good job!

Skinnypunk
06-02-2003, 08:26 PM
That's damn good progress in 2 months.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
i agree, great transformation so far El. how much more weight are you trying to lose??

I think another 20 lbs would do me good. A lot of the weight that I dropped I think came from my legs. While I am slimmer, I think that my chest will be next in my genetic order to start losing some bodyfat. Although, you never can be too sure. I still have a ton of fat obviously, so I guess I'll keep going, and re-evaluate in another couple months. I think I'd shoot myself before I went below 200! :D

Beast
06-02-2003, 08:48 PM
I think you got a lot stronger and a bit leaner! If you cut you'd look really good. Nice job on getting a decent camera, too.

PowerManDL
06-02-2003, 09:04 PM
See what happens when you lay off the twinkies?

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 09:06 PM
LOL, well I didn't get any stronger I assure you, leaner, well I hope so, not a ton maybe but still good for a short period of time. 20 lbs is a lot to some, but when you are 250+ lbs it's still just a drop in the bucket. It's hard when you're up there in weight, not knowing what you'll look like when you hit your goal. I came in pretty much at my goal, and am still not happy, and look worse, in these pics anyway, than I thought I would.

Again, I could have been a bit bloated, but I doubt that would make much difference, I'm not concerned, as long as things keep going in the right direction. I can continue with the girly lifts for another few months I guess.

The camera is a work in progress too. One day I shall have to figure out all the manual functionality, and what works best when.

ElPietro
06-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
See what happens when you lay off the twinkies?

I just finished off the last bit of a bag of doritos that had been sitting there for weeks tempting me. :evillaugh

Why did they have to invent jalepeno cheddar flavour. Resistance is futile. :(

WeakSauceAsian
06-02-2003, 09:39 PM
You look like I could pound you.

:help: I love it, you look like you could honestly pound someone :*).

galileo
06-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Looking good m'man! You're a tank!

rookiebldr
06-02-2003, 10:19 PM
Pete, you look great! That is a huge transformation in just two months. It's even more impressive seeing it in person since those "before" shots can't be that far off of what you look like January. As you said, you have more to lose but what a great start.

Nice work.

Mystic Eric
06-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Good transformation petey. Although you still have more to loose, you're definately on the right track!

steveo
06-03-2003, 12:16 AM
Awesome work. Chest and Traps are looking strong. Lookink a lot leaner than the last time you posted picture. Keep it up, bra'

GrifteR
06-03-2003, 01:54 AM
wow man good ****ing job!..your before pics u look like a chubby fat type of guy but now u look llike a husky / lean type of build..good job. At this rate u will have a nice bodybuilder type physique.

IceRgrrl
06-03-2003, 05:52 AM
Nice progress, El P...you've really made a big difference in your body composition during your cut and it's allowing your considerable muscle mass to show through...looking very solid :)

What are your plans for continuing? Are you going to stick with the same regimen (since it's obviously working ;) ) or are there factors that you want to change/tweak?

Praetorian
06-03-2003, 06:30 AM
god damn, you look strong. like one from worlds strongest men contest. if you stick to your cut, youll be a one big cut strong mofo!

WillKuenzel
06-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Nice job man! That's some great progress. What would be your ideal goal?

ElPietro
06-03-2003, 07:02 AM
Thanks guys, for the positive comments. :)

Ice and HomeYield, I guess I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing. It's not like I did anything too drastic to begin with. I just started working out at lunch, which means that I am probably eating 2 or 3 less fast food meals a week. This can equate to a few thousand calories. Also, working out at lunch means I'm working out more consistently. I think I'm gonna try and drop at least another 15 lbs, I will make my goal weight somewhere around 215 or 220. I'm just gonna keep doing this, and hopefully take a bit better control of eating in the evening, and on weekends.

There are some areas I really want to get the flab away from, and hopefully somewhere in the genetic order of things, they will start to become more impacted with the loss of further weight.

But I guess if I can at least not gain back any of the weight I dropped I'd be somewhat satisfied for now.

Relentless
06-03-2003, 07:08 AM
nice photoshop work in the 'after pix'

:D
j/k

the difference is clearly noticeable. Well done.

I had some problems with my scanning stuff but should fix that up tonite

Bam Bam
06-03-2003, 07:55 AM
Looking good peit

Black_Curtain
06-03-2003, 11:59 AM
You have really leaned, you look alot better. Damn I can imagine you at 210 and RIPPED!

ElPietro
06-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Thanks cal and bambino.

Originally posted by Black_Curtain
You have really leaned, you look alot better. Damn I can imagine you at 210 and RIPPED!

Also, thanks to you for the comments, it's getting a tad easier to picture myself now. When I was 255 I pictured me different than I am now, but I am not disatisfied. I guess it's easy to think that losing 20 lbs and you will lean out everywhere, but that's not always the case. Seems like everyone is different. Some guys can look great at 18% bodyfat, with some outlining of the abs, while others may carry a spare tire around the midsection even down around the 11-12% range. So I think I know what order things are coming off at now, but you never can be sure.

In the end there is only one way to find out, so hopefully I can keep on, keeping on, and post some more pics in a few months.

Not sure what happened to my back, from the pics it's hard to tell, but got a small rash, maybe from trying on shirts on saturday, since I'm allergic to wool, maybe something I wore was made of wool. Sometimes it has no effect, othertimes I get little bumps. I'm not sure why I just explained that though... *shuffles off*

chris mason
06-03-2003, 12:51 PM
You always lose more than you expect to. You also need to remember that you are definitely going to lose some muscle mass in the process. If you continue to cut, I think now is when you will see your strength start to drop a bit more quickly.

Relentless
06-03-2003, 01:02 PM
yeah, that sounds about right chris

the first 20 lbs I didn't lose much strength

but now that I'm a bit past 30 lbs down, I'm finding that I'm struggling to keep a decent amount of weight for lifting. But I decided that I'm willing to sacrifice mass, so long as I get abs. :D Almost there, dammit.

kAiXuan
06-03-2003, 01:34 PM
your a big guy, keep up the good progress elp!

Wikked1
06-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Dude your lat spread comparison really shows the changes....Nice work! Congrats on the accomplishment!

JustinASU
06-03-2003, 02:31 PM
I agree between the lat spread and the arms/chest, you look amazing man. You're a huge guy. Awesome work and keep it up!! :cool:

Tryska
06-03-2003, 02:41 PM
nice work assface. you definitely lost a good amount of fat. did you add in more cardio?

you're getting a nice taper too. might wanna change that title to count flaberrific.

ElPietro
06-03-2003, 02:51 PM
I would like to say I did, but it wasn't consistent, so I'd say no. At most I did thai boxing I think twice a week. Throw in maybe a session on the ellyptical once maybe twice a week for 20 minutes max and that was about it. Weekends were always pretty much crappy diet and no training whatsoever.

Which is why I'm kinda screwed for this week, since I did legs on sunday with Hans and Frans, so I'm in hobble mode.

But thanks for the comments, and to the rest of you who have offered comments either positive or critical.

I think chest needs work, traps aren't as good as they have been before, but I guess I can't really focus on growth whilst cutting anyway, so not to worried, even if I inevitably drop some muscle mass, I have plenty of that to lose still along with the fat, so as long as the ratio of muscle to fat loss is relatively constant I'll be happy.

Tryska
06-03-2003, 02:59 PM
so how the hell have you been losing all this fat?

Tryska
06-03-2003, 03:00 PM
ps - you misspelled count - you assface.

Bam Bam
06-03-2003, 03:11 PM
i am the count leave my name alone cracka cracka

shoots heroin and smokes crack while downing eca pills

saunters off

Tryska
06-03-2003, 03:20 PM
well tyou best get to changing it to count crackariffic so you and assface there can be twins.

ElPietro
06-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
so how the hell have you been losing all this fat?

The answer to this question can be found in this thread. (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=32337)

Dumbhead.

Budiak
06-03-2003, 04:00 PM
You seriously look like a strongman of old. I can picture you doing a Get-up with a women as the weight. Very thick, reasonable bodyfat, very powerful looking physique.

The progress was great, or at least you're really ****ing good at photoshop.

raniali
06-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Skinnypunk
That's damn good progress in 2 months.
:withstupi

ElPietro
06-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
You seriously look like a strongman of old. I can picture you doing a Get-up with a women as the weight. Very thick, reasonable bodyfat, very powerful looking physique.

The progress was great, or at least you're really ****ing good at photoshop.

Lol, thanks crazyman, I would love to be really good at photoshop, unfortunately, I just got it the other day, but have learned a bit about the marquee tool, thanks to accidental use, and some simple guidance from Raniali.

Speaking of which, thank you also Ali, for your comments and your quick help with photoshop. :)

Wolverine
06-03-2003, 09:06 PM
excellent work ElP! care to give me some of your trap size? keep up the good work man!

harryhoudini66
06-03-2003, 11:47 PM
I sincerely admire you and the progress you have made, but more so admire your humility. The fact that you displayed yourself for us to critic and you are so aware of you physique is praiseworthy. I think the best way to attain your goals is by being true to yourself and realizing where you stand. I have seen some guys that are chunky and claim to have a low body fat. I have even seen guys with 40 size wastes claim to have a 34 and stare you in the eyes when they tell you this. Even though I do not know you, you have earned my respect. I wish you the best of luck with your new set of goals and hope to have similar results with mine.

Sure feels great when people that have not seen you in a while do a double take in amazement of your metamorphosis huh.

ElPietro
06-04-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by harryhoudini66
I sincerely admire you and the progress you have made, but more so admire your humility. The fact that you displayed yourself for us to critic and you are so aware of you physique is praiseworthy. I think the best way to attain your goals is by being true to yourself and realizing where you stand. I have seen some guys that are chunky and claim to have a low body fat. I have even seen guys with 40 size wastes claim to have a 34 and stare you in the eyes when they tell you this. Even though I do not know you, you have earned my respect. I wish you the best of luck with your new set of goals and hope to have similar results with mine.

Sure feels great when people that have not seen you in a while do a double take in amazement of your metamorphosis huh.

Hey man, thanks a lot! Although, I expected you to call me grasshopper at the end, and you didn't, so I was a little disappointed. :p

It is somewhat nervewracking to put pictures up on the net of yourself, especially with very little clothing on. I also don't get it when people always over-estimate their appearance, or performance, no matter what you say you are, people are still seeing *you* not what you say you are. So the only person you fool with BS like that is yourself. I sometimes tend to be overcritical on myself, but in the end, it's much better to be over critical, and surprised when people start taking notice, versus thinking you've come so far, and wondering why people haven't said anything, so you start fishing for compliments, or just get plain depressed.

Until I went and bought pants and found that I went from size 40 or 42 pants, to 36, and until I got to compare my pics from before to the current ones, I was still very unsure, as to whether or not I had made much progress at all, and whether it was even worth it.

Anyway, thanks again, and to everyone else who've offered their comments. Hopefully, I can keep things going in the right direction.

Pup
06-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Very nice work Pete, you've done really well and are still without a doubt, the scariest looking man i have ever seen :cool:

ElPietro
06-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Thanks Rojb, as you know, one of my goals has always been to be able to scare small children. Unfortunately, this doesn't help me get dates though. :cry:

Paul Stagg
06-04-2003, 12:23 PM
That's awesome progress in 2 months. Very well done.

Rock
06-04-2003, 12:47 PM
ElPietro I am just half way cutting my self and seeing this made me want to keep it up,

and did anyone look good at his back picture, god damn thats one hella back.

Mik
06-04-2003, 06:32 PM
That's amazing progress Elp! Keep up the great work man.

cphafner
06-04-2003, 07:44 PM
thats awesome work for only 2 months, way to go!

Frozenmoses
06-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Fantastic job, man. That's some really amazing changes for just 2 months. You're one bad looking duder, and you seriously have the potential for a stunning physique if you can get down to "ripped" status. Keep plugging at it, I wish my cuts showed that kinda progress.

ElPietro
06-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey thanks a lot guys, frozenmoses, yeah, I think all my life I have been the "wasted potential" story in a few different things. I am hoping for once to realize my potential physique wise. I think coming here really changed my perspective on life, I used to be completely lazy, do everything half-assed because I could still get away with it, and now that's changed. It took some time but I finally started training regularly, which gave me the confidence that if I quite smoking I'd be able to do so without the enormous weight gains I'd experienced in the past. So now I'm a non-smoker, who is in relatively "ok" shape, and hopefully gonna keep progressing to great shape.

It's just nice to actually make a goal up for myself, and achieve it for once, usually I become disinterested or lazy and give up. This site is great for just chatting it up, and keeping training at the forefront of your thoughts, so you don't slide into missing workouts here and there, or giving up. Plus members here will generally give you the kick in the pants you need if you are slacking for too long.

Wikked1
06-05-2003, 09:21 AM
As a former smoker I can relate all too well. Once you break the smoking habit it kind of makes you feel like you can accomplish anything. At the risk of sounding redundant stick with it man you've made a hell of a lot of changes!

Fenbay
06-06-2003, 02:37 PM
ElP how tall are you? We have somewhat similiar physiques.

ElPietro
06-06-2003, 03:08 PM
I'm 5'11" or just a smidge under that.

carolinagirl
06-07-2003, 09:21 PM
You did great, elP. I can see a huge difference - especially around the middle and in your taper - and also in your face. (I noticed this on Cal too, but forgot to mention it - both of those manly, handsome mugs look even sexier now!) And it does look like you held on to most of your muscle mass while losing the fat.

(And you are in better than "relatively ok" shape. Stop being so damn modest! :swear: For every time that you crack on yourself, I shall kill you.)

I like the drawers, btw. ;)

ElPietro
06-09-2003, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the kind words Heath. :)

As for this:

Originally posted by carolinagirl
(And you are in better than "relatively ok" shape. Stop being so damn modest! :swear: For every time that you crack on yourself, I shall kill you.)

I don't know, I am in "much better" shape than previous, but I think there is still a LONG way to go still. So if I was satisfied with myself now, there wouldn't be much motivation to continue. I am still looking for motivational factors to help continue pushing me in the right direction. Being single helps, but it seems like every one of my friends girlfriend wants to set me up with someone now...

And cracking on myself is fun! I have an ego in some things, but still am quite self-conscious most of the time. It was tough enough putting pictures of myself up without a shirt on, especially on a bodybuilding board, with tons of people with great, competition level physiques. I just make sure I don't get a big head from any of this, I personally, really don't like the whole huge ego, "i'm the best" attitude that a lot of guys have. I think it's lame and always try to cut myself down to size to make sure I don't get that way.

Delphi
06-10-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by the doc
I'd hit it!

:hump:

:eek:

Looking good, LP. :thumbup:

Budiak
06-10-2003, 06:07 PM
I'm actually quite impressed that Bam used the word 'saunter'.

Of course I have no ****ing clue what he said in the rest of the post.

Look great, El P!

ElPietro
06-11-2003, 07:16 AM
Larry, thanks, but I shall not have Mark's raging hormones running rampant in this thread thank you! tuttut

Budiak, he speaks in garble, and probably doesn't understand the word saunter, but thought he'd copy it from other posts he's read as a closing statement. And thanks. :)

Minotaur
06-11-2003, 10:19 AM
El Pietro, you've got as really good physique going on there... big and solid. The pics are not bad at all; good shadows. Keep up the good work.

Saturday Fever
06-11-2003, 04:53 PM
So much mass there. Now if only I could convince you to run Westside for 9 weeks...:D

ElPietro
06-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Thanks Minotaur. :)

Originally posted by Saturday Fever
So much mass there. Now if only I could convince you to run Westside for 9 weeks...:D

Lol, I thought you were going to say run a cycle for 9 weeks. :D

Well my gym isn't very powerlifting friendly. It has an excellent number of power racks but not a ton else. I am meeting with a fairly prominent powerlifter on friday though, with callahan and rookiebldr, and basically trying out a gym i may join at the same time, which is more geared towards powerlifting. So who knows.

With my current cut I don't anticipate any gains in strength anyway, just gains as a result of tweaked technique.

Besides, I'm like a retard with all the small nagging injuries that I have right now...although, probably still a retard without them. ;)

Relentless
06-12-2003, 07:39 AM
Besides, I'm like a retard with all the small nagging injuries that I have right now...although, probably still a retard without them. ;)

It's important to identify and acknowledge your limitations. :p

Tryska
06-12-2003, 07:42 AM

there is no "probably" about it, 455munch.

Saint Patrick
06-13-2003, 12:23 AM
yu0=massive.

Even after cutting. Definitely have more definition all over now. Good job.