View Full Version : Help
08-15-2001, 12:13 AM
Well I had my tonsils taken out friday. And today I just finally was able to eat normal food again. I stepped on to the scale tonight and felt like I was gonna shit a brick. I weighed in at 112. I lost 7 damn pounds. And I can't workout for three more weeks, so I figured with all the spare time I have now I'm just gonna eat all I can. But my question is does anyone know around how much I need to eat to gain weight? I would say my bodyfat is maybe 7-8%. I just want to know the minimal for weight gain and how much I should eat to gain about a pound to a pound and a half a week, and I also have a pretty high metabolism.
Probably a good portion of that weight was water and a little fat. Just eat big while you rest, steak eggs peanut butter etc. Your body needs to heal itself from the operation.
08-15-2001, 06:01 AM
ok here is how i would do it..
1) Find your average daily caloric intake(ADCI). Add up all the calories you eat in 7 days. divide by 7. This is your daily caloric intake.
2) To add mass increase calories. Most can add muscle without body fat by increasing their ADCI by 20%. Multiply your ADCI in step one by 20%. Add the answere to the number in step 1. This is your new average daily caloric intake.
3) Find the fat calories. Low fat diets provide 15% fat. Multiply your new ADCI in step 2 by .15.
4) Subtract the fat calories in step 3 from the new ADCI found in step 2.
5) To fint protein requirements, multiply your bodyweight by 1 (or 1,5 if your body requires more protein)
6) To find protein calories, multiply the answere to step 5 by 4.(protein requirements x4.)
7) Subtract the answere to step 6 from the aswere to step 4.
8) To find carbohydrates in grams, divide the answere in step 7 by 4.
08-15-2001, 09:52 PM
Thanks alot, just what I needed
08-15-2001, 10:14 PM
drink lots of whey protein milkshakes with ice cream, milk, etc.
My tonsils hurt for a while afterwards. SOlid food like steak was out of the question.
08-15-2001, 10:16 PM
damn if you only weight 112 lbs you are really small. You need to eat all the time.
My woman weighs 112 and she's a quite thin long distance runner.
08-15-2001, 11:24 PM
well yea I am skinny, but I'm not exactly tall, when I went to the doctor last week I was 5'6 with shoes on.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.