PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Catastrophe!!

Silverback
06-03-2003, 04:02 AM
Last week i posted how i had maintained my weight at exactly 212lbs therefore no loss.

But a week later (today) i weighed in at 205.4lbs!!!!!! thats over 6 pounds in a week, i am really confused either the scale was wrong last week or i dont know? becuase im now at week 6 and had been dropping 1lbs per week until the 5th, where i hit a plateau, so im thinking that it cant be water weight as im still tanked up on creatine.

As for my diet all i have done is rotated my carbs whereby there are no impact carbs after 5pm (e.g. oats, potato, ww bread etc...) and no carbs after 8pm. And i have introduced 1 session of cardio that lasted 20 mins.

Otherwise my carbs float between 230 and 270 protein at about 210-240 and the rest made up of fats.

What should i do??:confused:

GhettoSmurf
06-03-2003, 04:20 AM
as long as you didnt lower your calories TOO much, i think it is most likely water.

i would say try the same calorie amount or more week, or even up it a little bit.

how many calories did you drop your intake to since last week?

Silverback
06-03-2003, 04:24 AM
every other day i dropped cals between 50 and 100 than the previous week so for the week id say about 350-400 cals.

Thats it! im hoping its water or fat because thats alot of weight in anyones diet, nevermind a bb cut.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-03-2003, 04:35 AM
Ron, think about what you may have done different this week.

Such as:

Going low carb the day before weighing in.

Doing cardio when you didn't the last week (glycogen depleting).

Did you go #2 before weighing yourself this week whereas last week you may not have.

Drinking less/more water than usual.

Carb loaded a few days before weigh in the previous week and no refeed before hand this week.

That sort of stuff.

If none apply, looking the mirror and assess energy levels - and also strength levels when you get the chance.

If you look just as muscular, not flat or like you've lost muscle, your energy level is fine and strength hasn't dropped much (more so than usual if that applies).

If you feel alright about everything, then just stick it out for another week and see what happens, keeping close tabs on all of the above on a daily basis.

If not, up your calories by like 200kcals for the week and get back to the typical 0.5-1.5lb weekly weight loss.

Silverback
06-03-2003, 04:41 AM
Cheers Rob,

None of the above really apply, my strength is increasing in some areas, maintaining in others. Im weighing myself on the same scale at the same time each week. My muscles are still looking pretty full, which i put down to the creatine.

The only difference is im sleeping a bit dodgy, im fine getting off to sleep, but wake up about 3-4 times. i have been getting quite aggressive at times too put im putting that down to the stress of the exams i did.

B-R

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-03-2003, 04:47 AM
It may just be a freak one-off, Ron.

Give it another week and see what happens.

Also, reward yourself with a six-hour refeed one evening before training the next day for all the hard work you've put into your exams. :D

GhettoSmurf
06-03-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Also, reward yourself with a six-hour refeed one evening before training the next day for all the hard work you've put into your exams. :D

yes, and be sure to invite me :D

Silverback
06-03-2003, 04:52 AM
lol

i haven't refed or cheated for a month now :omg:!!

Maybe, i will throw one in on thursday.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-03-2003, 04:59 AM
Well, don't cheat per se.

Just treat yourself with some nice pasta with nice sauce (and enjoy a glass of red wine), eat some nice potatoes and a few warm (fresh) buns. Maybe some low-fat Pringles, or a few bagels/english muffins with a slight topping of cheese.

if your bodyfat is as low as i recall you said it was in your journal (11-12% right?) then you should really be doing this type of thing about once a week anyway.

Silverback
06-03-2003, 11:14 AM
My overall body fat is about 14-15% but my upper body holds about 10-11% and the lower body is where most of the fat is stored.

I get ya on the refeeds, not a cheat but a clean calorie increase, right? I will do it every 10 days like i planned back in late april :)