PDA

View Full Version : IceMan'z Beer gut?

IceMan
06-03-2003, 09:02 AM
Ok so i stopped smoking Jan 1st and ever since have been putting on a gut, basically, I'm building down the gym but drastically need to loose my gut and still get the building done, my plan was to just stop eating so much, since i quit i have almost doubled what i eat, can i get a protien shake to give us what i need, then just completely stop eating apart from meals?

My diet will be something, like cerial in the morning, tuna sandwichs before traing, chicken salad, for dinner, then just snack on fruit, untill i loose my gut, I'm also gonna not drink alchohol, is this ok or not? if not what is?

http://www.pressplus.com/pinelands/images/beer.jpg

Cheerz bayz...... :help:

bradley
06-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by IceMan
can i get a protien shake to give us what i need, then just completely stop eating apart from meals?

You can use a protein shake to help supplement your diet with protein but I don't consider a protein shake a substitute for a well balanced meal. If you are looking for a liquid meal then I would recommend combing a protein shake with some type of low GI carbs (oats for example) and some type of healthy fat (olive oil, peanut butter, etc.). You can also purchase pre-mixed MRP's but they will cost you a little more. You could use shakes like this as between meal snacks if you wanted or when you are crunched for time.

My diet will be something, like cerial in the morning, tuna sandwichs before traing, chicken salad, for dinner, then just snack on fruit, untill i loose my gut, I'm also gonna not drink alchohol, is this ok or not? if not what is?

Here is something that I posted in another thread that may help in planning out your diet.

Here are some general dieting guidelines that might be of some help:
1) 1 gram of protein per lb. of bodyweight and try and get some protein in at each meal

2) 25-30% of daily calories should come from fat (Essential fatty
acids making up most of this total)

3) Fill in the rest of daily calories with low glycemic index carbs, except postworkout which would ideally include high glycemic index carbs along with a quick digesting protein (whey protein).

4) Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and one gallon would be good starting point.

Listed below are some good sources of each macronutrient. This is just a small list and is by no means all inclusive.

protein sources: eggs, chicken, lean beef, dairy, fish

low GI carbs: oats, sweet potatoes, beans, whole wheat bread, vegetables

fats: nuts, natural peanut butter, oily fish (such as salmon), fish oil, flax oil, hemp oil, olive oil

To find out how many cals you should be eating each day I would slowly decrease cals in small increments until you are losing the desired amount of weight each week (approximately 1lb per week is a good number IMO). You can use www.fitday.com to help you track calories if you like. Here is an example of what I mean. Say you are eating 3000 cals and maintaining your weight then you would need to decrease cals by a small amount (about 200-300). That would put you at 2700 cals for the week. Keep cals at this level for the week and then weigh yourself at the end of the week and see how much weight you have lost. I woud weigh myself at the same time each week to try and ensure the most accurate measurement.

As far as routines go you might want to check out one of the WBB routines on the main page. The following site has a list of exercise illustrations that might be helpful as well www.exrx.net

There is a lot of information in previous threads as well. Run some searches and you will find a lot of answers to your questions.

GhettoSmurf
06-03-2003, 11:15 AM
you say your not going to drink alcohol. yes, that would be a very good thing. how much do you drink? maybe that is what is contributing to the gut.

IceMan
06-04-2003, 02:00 AM
cheers guyz, this fitday.com looks ace, how do i know what i should be taking in per day for all the nutrients that i need? used to drink a fair bit, but i'm only 22 i never got a gut before i quit smoking, i think its because i eat so much more...

bradley
06-04-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by IceMan
cheers guyz, this fitday.com looks ace, how do i know what i should be taking in per day for all the nutrients that i need? used to drink a fair bit, but i'm only 22 i never got a gut before i quit smoking, i think its because i eat so much more...

Just try and eat a well balanced diet with a variety of foods. Make sure you get in your protein and EFAs, and you can supplement with a multi-vitamin if you want to make sure you have everything covered:)

Berserker
06-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Beer won't help you lose weight, but it still comes down to cals in and out. A few beers won't make you fat, if your physically active. If I was on serious cut I wouldn't drink beer, or soda or eat pizza or junk food.

IceMan
06-04-2003, 09:57 AM
ok i'm on serious cut yeh, i still wanna build but loose fat too, whats the best sorta foods to be eating, and to not eat?

Cheerz broz...

GhettoSmurf
06-04-2003, 10:16 AM
protein- whey, chicken, tuna, turkey, lean red meats, cottage cheese, eggs, etc.

carbs- sweet potatoes, oatmeal, wholewheat bread, brown rice, etc.

fats- natural PB, fish oils, flax oil, olive oil, etc.