PDA

View Full Version : Refeed frequency for a woman

Brandon7775643
06-03-2003, 09:56 AM
I've read several times that refeeds should start for men at about a weekly frequency when you hit 11-12% bf.

At what percentage should a woman refeed weekly? My gf is getting jealous watching me pig out.

Gracias.

IceRgrrl
06-03-2003, 10:10 AM
I don't think the frequency would be much different, but in general women can't cut calories to the extent that men do whilst dieting and also can't refeed/overfeed to the extent that men do.

Men's bodies seem able to tolerate wide swings in caloric intake while women's prefer a smaller range. A woman's body tends to slow metabolism if she cuts back too much and on the other extreme, if she overfeeds too much, her body will have more of a tendency to store fat than a man's.

bradley
06-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Brandon7775643
I've read several times that refeeds should start for men at about a weekly frequency when you hit 11-12% bf.

At what percentage should a woman refeed weekly? My gf is getting jealous watching me pig out.

Gracias.

From what I have seen recommended women would need a weekly refeeds around the 16% mark. Although I would also think that other factors would come into play such as degree of calorie deficit and overall appetite (hungry all the time, etc.).