PDA

View Full Version : Check out my diet --please critique--

Theroc
06-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Thanks!

Please critique my diet:

Lifting days: (example)
6 am Pre workout shake = ½ cup oats ½ banana and 1 scoop whey (25g protein)

8:30 Post workout shake(Myo plex deluxe) 2 scoops of Gatorade powder(50gms)
1-2 Ecdysten pills and 1 tbsp of SRA creatine.(liquid)

10:30 Tuna Sandwich (2 pieces of whole wheat bread, 1 can tuna, 1 tbsp relish, 1 tbsp fat free mayo, 1 piece of fat free cheese) or 1 large chicken breast, Red potato, Vegetables

1:30pm Same as above or EAS carb control protein bar 1 ecdysten pill

4:30pm Myoplex deluxe Shake

6-7pm 1 large chicken breast, Red potato, Vegetables 1 ecdysten pill

9pm ½ cottage cheese, tomato

** I usually take 2 pills of omega 3 supplement.(I will probably just switch to some flax oil or something??)

I try to get 3 solid meals a day then supplement 2 with MRP and or protein bars. Also I exchange Brown rice for red potatoes frequently and also change my meats to red meat or salmon. My average calorie intake is about 2400 per day.

On cardio days I don’t have a pre workout meal and I eat my first post workout shake appox. 45 min to hour after my workout.

Goal: Keep muscle and loose fat.

Specs:Age 28 6 ft 215 appox ~15%BF. Arms 17” Chest 48” Legs “25 Calves 16.5”. I store most of my fat around my waist.
I have been a athlete my whole life. Been training off and on for 10 years. I want to throw everything I think I know out and start fresh........

raniali
06-03-2003, 04:43 PM
MORE FAT

Theroc
06-03-2003, 04:46 PM
can you give me example??? Peanuts?? thank

raniali
06-03-2003, 04:57 PM
peanut butter, almonds, fish oil, flax oil, olive oil and coconut oil are all good sources of essential fats

bradley
06-04-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Theroc

1-2 Ecdysten pills and 1 tbsp of SRA creatine.(liquid)

I would use powdered creatine monohydrate over the liquid, since creatine is not stable in liquid form.

** I usually take 2 pills of omega 3 supplement.(I will probably just switch to some flax oil or something??)

What type of omega 3 supplement are you using? I would imagine it is some sore of fish oil cap which would be an excellent source of EFAs. Might just want to increase the amount you are taking. Usually 6-8g of fish oil is what I have seen recommended.

On cardio days I don’t have a pre workout meal and I eat my first post workout shake appox. 45 min to hour after my workout.

Although I think cardio on an empty stomach is not really necessary, I would at least take in some kind of shake or meal immediately after completing your morning cardio.

bradley
06-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by raniali
peanut butter, almonds, fish oil, flax oil, olive oil and coconut oil are all good sources of essential fats

I believe coconut oil consists mainly of saturated fat and olive oil is a good source of monosaturated fat but not EFAs.

raniali
06-04-2003, 11:51 AM
coconut oil is the source of MCTs besides the fact it is the most stable cooking oil. there is a handful of studies on the beneficial properties of coconut oil as well. http://www.coconut-info.com/links.htm#Research%20on%20the%20truth%20about%20saturated%20fats

you are right, brad, about the breakdowns. i should have been more careful about my word choice :

...are all good sources of essential and beneficial fats.

bradley
06-04-2003, 01:46 PM
coconut oil is the source of MCTs besides the fact it is the most stable cooking oil. there is a handful of studies on the beneficial properties of coconut oil as well. http://www.coconut-info.com/links.htm#Research%20on%20the%20truth%20about%20saturated%20fats

you are right, brad, about the breakdowns. i should have been more careful about my word choice :

I agree that coconut oil does have benefits, and I was mainly giving you a hard time;)

I find the effects of coconut oil on the thyroid to be an interesting topic ever since it was brought up a while back in a previous thread.

Y2A
06-04-2003, 02:59 PM

That article makes me want to replace all my carbs with coconut oil :eek: