PDA

View Full Version : New diet.. please critque

kozen
06-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Hey guys. Please bare with me, this is my first post on the forum.
I have developed which will help me drop body fat... but after dorpping a few pounds i have stalled immensley.can anyone critque it and tell me suggestions/improvements on my diet? Any comments are welcome.
I currently weigh 173 , 5'10 , 14 bf

Meal 1: 7 egg whitse + bowl of oatmeal
Meal 2: Can of tuna + Almonds
Meal 3: Chicken Breast + brocolli
Postworkout shake: 30 g whey
Dinner: chicken breast + alot of brocolli.

Calories come out to about 1700. 50 % protein 30 % carbs 20 % fat. I have been on the same diet for a while and while it worked in the beginning, it has been stalling for about 2 months. I tried cutting calories, from 2200 to 1700 to even 1600.. but still no progress. I have been lifting 5 days a week, a body part a day, and doing HIIT cardio 4 days a week. Also, i have not had a cheat day. Are my carbs low enough to do a refeed ?
Thanks for all the help

SoulOfKoRea
06-03-2003, 05:22 PM
did you drop them gradually or all at once, if it's the latter then you need to drop them slowly until they get to 500 under maintenance.

You need some kind of high GI carbs in your pwo shake, like maltodextrin or dextrose.

You don't have to have low carbs to do a refeed, if you've gone that long without cheat meals then you might not need them, but since you're sub 15% bf then I think it would be a good idea to have a refeed once a week if you think you need one.

Also, your fat intake should be coming from essential fatty acid's, and it looks like almonds are the only thing that contain them.

Try switching your meals up too, don't eat that every single day, some foods have different vitamins/minerals that you need. Drink lots of water as well.

that seems like too little food in the first place though, I get more cals at 130 lbs. on a cut than that. :)

kozen
06-03-2003, 05:37 PM
i dropped them gradually.. thanks for the input. I think im going to bump up my cals, take more fats, and implement a refeed once a week.

raniali
06-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by kozen
i dropped them gradually.. thanks for the input. I think im going to bump up my cals, take more fats, and implement a refeed once a week.

:withstupi
i was going to offer the same advice you so quickly came to

geoffgarcia
06-03-2003, 08:30 PM
yeah try to mix up your meals a bit, you dont wanna have the same thing every day.

Here are some healthy things you can throw in there:
coldcuts - turkey, chicken
yogurt
cottage cheese
milk
salmon or sardines (instead of tuna)
brown rice
beans