PDA

View Full Version : Planning ahead for trouble...

GhettoSmurf
06-03-2003, 07:41 PM
ok wel lthis is the scoop:

on June 29, I'm going to Bushnell, Indiana for a rock festival called "Cornerstone 2003". It's basically a replica of Woodstock where ill be camping, it will be hot, no electricity, basically the outdoors and music. Im'm going with my 2 cousins, my uncle, my 2 friends, and a few others. I'll be gone for ~8 days (1 will be spent driving on the road). I'm just really concerned about my diet while im there. I'm currently bulking, but there is NO WAY in my mind ill be able to eat "good" foods there. And ill basically be stuck eating what everyone else eats, which will basically be things like macaroni and cheese, hotdogs, and stuff like that. Ill be walking around A LOT becuase the different stages are pretty far apart so its not like ill be sitting on my @$$ all day or anything.

what do you guys think i should do? plus, i wont have access to weights of any kind while im there, and i wont have an accurate way of counting calories.

can anyone give me some tips to not make this week totally destructive to me? or should i just say "screw it" and take the week off, and just enjoy myself? i'd really like some help o this :(

if you have any questions feel free to ask them!!

captnjosh
06-03-2003, 08:05 PM
can anyone give me some tips to not make this week totally destructive to me? or should i just say "screw it" and take the week off, and just enjoy myself? i'd really like some help o this

I say screw and enjoy yourself, it won't be the end of the world.

geoffgarcia
06-03-2003, 08:23 PM
ditto

bradley
06-04-2003, 02:43 AM
I agree, in that I wouldn't worry about it, but that doesn't mean that you can't pack some healthy foods with you for the camping trip. I would imagine there will be a lot of sandwiches eaten which would be an easy way to make some of your meals healthy. I would just try to do the best that you can with your meals, and don't worry about the meals you can't control. You are bulking so a few hot dogs and hamburgers will not hurt you. Enjoy the music and don't fret about the small things:dj:

aka23
06-04-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
ok wel lthis is the scoop:

on June 29, I'm going to Bushnell, Indiana for a rock festival called "Cornerstone 2003". It's basically a replica of Woodstock where ill be camping, it will be hot, no electricity, basically the outdoors and music. Im'm going with my 2 cousins, my uncle, my 2 friends, and a few others. I'll be gone for ~8 days (1 will be spent driving on the road). I'm just really concerned about my diet while im there. I'm currently bulking, but there is NO WAY in my mind ill be able to eat "good" foods there. And ill basically be stuck eating what everyone else eats, which will basically be things like macaroni and cheese, hotdogs, and stuff like that. Ill be walking around A LOT becuase the different stages are pretty far apart so its not like ill be sitting on my @$$ all day or anything.

what do you guys think i should do? plus, i wont have access to weights of any kind while im there, and i wont have an accurate way of counting calories.

can anyone give me some tips to not make this week totally destructive to me? or should i just say "screw it" and take the week off, and just enjoy myself? i'd really like some help o this :(

if you have any questions feel free to ask them!!

I believe the concert is being held in Bushnell Illinois, not Bushnell Indiana. If you can convince the group to make a pit stop, the town also has a nearby gym:

E-Z Fitness Inc
807 Cole St
(309) 772-8550

I would suggest doing the best you can under the circumstances, such as packing foods like Bradley recommended and making healthy food choices when possible. I would not worry too much about breaking your routine. One week off is unlikely to make much difference in the scheme of things. It make actually help your body recover from long term injuries.

GhettoSmurf
06-04-2003, 04:32 AM
thanks guys, yeah sorrry, it is Illinois (i think i was in a bit of a hurry to get the post up). ok, well i think ill try to do what you guys suggest, and just try to do my best of keeping it relativly clean if i can. Everyone im going with are really heavy pop drinkers, but i dont plan on drinking pop and stuff like that so avoiding that wont be a prob. i also think there is a tent that is some-what of a make-shift store which maybe i can check-out for some food. maybe they will have some eggs or tuna. if i remember right, last year when i went there, there was a subway consession stand. hopefully that will be there again, and then maybe for the meals that involve not the greatest foods, i could always run over to the subway stand :)

thanks guys!

ill be sure to enjoy myself :D

SoulOfKoRea
06-04-2003, 06:12 AM
if you're really worried, you could wake up early(right....) and do some extra cardio or HIIT :P, just don't look like an idiot!

fuzz
06-04-2003, 08:37 AM
hey have you been to CStone before? I've been there 3 or 4 times...its a pretty good time. You realize its a Christian music festival, right? Get ready for 8 days of being constantly sweaty and hot and gross...the lines for the showers are not fun.

GhettoSmurf
06-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by fuzz
hey have you been to CStone before? I've been there 3 or 4 times...its a pretty good time. You realize its a Christian music festival, right? Get ready for 8 days of being constantly sweaty and hot and gross...the lines for the showers are not fun.

yep, this will be my 3rd year in a row :D

IceRgrrl
06-04-2003, 09:23 AM
It's just a couple of days...don't worry about eating good food and workouts, just have a good time and enjoy :) A few days won't reverse months and years of training.

GhettoSmurf
06-04-2003, 10:08 AM
its more like a week :(

i know it wont kill me, but the main thing is this:

i want to be able to eat enough calories so i dont end up losing weight there, and i can easily eat enough calories, but the calories wont be from the greatest sources :(

Wikked1
06-04-2003, 02:45 PM
MUST HAVES: CAMERA (even the cheap disposable kind will do) and LOTS of film!!! , WATER ,anyone remember WOODSTOCK?
Most importantly have a good time....don't worry about it....eat when you get hungry and stay hydrated.....and ENJOY the scenery!! :D