PDA

View Full Version : It Only Looks Like This Because It's Badass

Pages : [1] 2

BennettBoy
06-04-2003, 06:46 AM
My first competition is over and it is time for new goals. My immediate goal is to put on some quality LBM. I dieted down to 165 lbs. for my contest and then after water depletion weighed in at 160 lbs. for the show. Now I want to put back on some quality size. Thus, my immediate goal is:

180 lbs. at 8% bodyfat

During my last bulk I got very close to 190 lbs. but let my bodyfat get a tad out of hand and it soared to 12.5%. I'm going to slowly increase my calories and continue to eat very clean while trying to get back to 180 lbs. while keeping my bodyfat incheck around 8%. Now that's BADASS!

I will elaborate more on some goals I have later, but I just wanted to get my new journal up and running.

Now if you want to check out badass.......check out these 2 chicas. :D

WillKuenzel
06-04-2003, 06:52 AM
Ohhhh, nothing like starting off a journal by posting some babes! :thumbup:

:spam: for a new journal! Good luck man, I bet you'll get there in no time.

You plan on doing a show next spring with the rest of us?

Tank23
06-04-2003, 06:55 AM
Heya Craig, good luck with your new goals mate.

....and if you call 12.5% letting your 'bodyfat get a tad out of hand', then geez, i feel ashamed of myself :D

Just saw the pic too....so that's what carolinagirl looks like eh!

Is that your gym in the pic? What's with all the machines :p

-Tank

clvmike19
06-04-2003, 07:37 AM
180lbs @ 8% bf! Thatd be nice! If anyone can do it you can! Good luck w/ the new journal...... :spam:

Pup
06-04-2003, 08:19 AM
Good goals Craig, you'll hit them in no time.

btw...wtf is up with this spring show ****, why can't we do it next fall damnit!

Mik
06-04-2003, 08:21 AM
Good luck Craig! :spam:

cphafner
06-04-2003, 08:21 AM
congrats on the show! I'm sure you'll kick ass in the next one.

Workhorse
06-04-2003, 08:39 AM
First................. :spam: You're welcome!! lol

Second, "soaring to 12.5%"... geez... I'm a damn spy plane then, cause I'm WAY HIGHER than that!!

Third, good luck, I know you'll do it Craig... keep up the awesome work!!

GhettoSmurf
06-04-2003, 08:48 AM
good luck BB, i look forward to watching your journal and progress :)

Y2A
06-04-2003, 08:50 AM
That goal should be no problem for you bro, you looked great at the show :)

Manveet
06-04-2003, 08:51 AM
I concour, 180lbs @ 8% is pretty much bad ass. Good luck!

Franjipani
06-04-2003, 08:52 AM
Yeah, you are badass no doubt about it:thumbup:. We so chuffed we made the first entry in your new journal....but just you wait until I post the glam shots of us with you holding your trophy....that will go off;).

Email is on its way hon........:D

Workhorse
06-04-2003, 09:11 AM
*awaits these "glam shots" noted by Franji.....

BennettBoy
06-04-2003, 11:08 AM
HomeYield: Oh yeah, I'm on go for the WBB collective members show :p Spring or Fall is good with me.

Tank23: Thanks mate! It may take a while to get the 8% achieved at 180ish pounds, but you damn right I'll do it. :D Those pictures were taken at a gym in Durham, NC where we worked out. Duke Uni Rec Center I guess it was.

clvmike19: Thanks man. Back to clean eating I go. :(

Pup: Fall is fine with me. As far as I'm concerned, it's up to you. You choose the venue.

Mik: Hey thanks dude...and again thanks for all your support during my contest preparation.

cphafner: Much appreciated. I enjoyed the hell out of doing the show.....and I thought I'd be nervous but really wasn't. Next time I'll be ready.

Workhorse: Yo Stu....no cut? WTF? :D Thanks for kind words. Keep checking in to keep me inline.

GhettoSmurf: Thanks. Feel free to post in my journal anytime.

Y2A: Thanks. I got to do it because I only got 3rd. That don't cut it for me. :(

Manveet: Thanks bro.

Frannie: You just wait. When we all get together for our WBB show.....I plan to compete in the 172 range and move into Junior Middleweight. Screw this being small. ;) Hey, I got a raise today and had no clue really it was due or forthcoming. I was reminded of our talk at lunch yesterday. :angel:

After work I am going to train Quads/Hams/Calves. I am going to do the following Leg Routine for a few months and see how much I can progress.

Squats (maybe 1-2 sets of front squats too)
SLDL's
Drop-set Leg Presses
Drop-set Leg Extensions
Calves

I started back bench pressing and doing weighted dips Monday...and squats, deads, SLDL's, bent-over BB rows, and military presses are all going back in my routine. I'm going to really concentrate on getting PR's in all these compound movements.

Silverback
06-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Workhorse
First................. :spam: You're welcome!! lol

Second, "soaring to 12.5%"... geez... I'm a damn spy plane then, cause I'm WAY HIGHER than that!!

lol i was about to say the same thing :) makes me feel obese :(

good luck BB, you can do it :thumbup:

carolinagirl
06-04-2003, 03:18 PM
:clap:

You badass.

(I have yucky Dream Tan all over my sheets now.) :mad:

BennettBoy
06-04-2003, 06:06 PM
Wednesday, June 4, 2003

Training: Quads/Hams

Squats - 135 x 10, 225 x 8, 275 x 6, 315 x 3, 225 x 8, 135 x 10 (Front Squats)

SLDL's - 135 x 10, 175 x 8, 225 x 7, 175 x 8

Leg Press Drop-Set
12 plates x 6
10 plates x 5
8 plates x 7
6 plates x 7
4 plates x 10
2 plates x 14....burnout

Leg Extension Drop-Set

120 lbs x 9
100 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 8
70 lbs x 10
60 lbs x 10

At first I honestly didn't think I had much in me for legs today when I started, but the ripped fuel kicked in and the workout got stronger as I went along. :p I also did a couple sets of single-leg curls for hammies that I didn't post. I decided to do calves on Friday since it was late and I didn't think I would give them proper attention.

Cardio: none today.....but look out treadmill tomorrow. :)

Diet:

Meal 1 - 4 eggs whites (2 yolks), 1/2 cup oats, 1 Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - Jalepeno bagel w/ ham, egg, and cheese
Meal 3 - 8 oz. sirloin, plain baked potato, small salad w/ fat free ranch, 10 fish oil caps, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 4 - Detour Bar, 5 fish oil caps, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 5 - Ultramet Lite Choc. MRP, 1 pkg. instant oatmeal, 2 ECA
Meal 6 - Ultramet Lite Choc. MRP
Meal 7 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 5 oz. eye of round steak, 1 sweet poatato, 5 fish oil caps

I may drink another shake before bed if I stay up late.....but I think I am going to sleep around 9:30 p.m. so unless I wake up.....I may just end with Meal 7 for the day.

Water: 2+ gallons

Sleep: 6 hours :(

I weighed today at the gym at 169. I am going to have to be really careful about adding these next 11 pounds. I'm probably at 7% bodyfat right now and I have to take it slowly to ensure quality gains while adding only around 1% more bodyfat to get to 180.

I'll weigh once a week now at the gym without shoes to see how I am progressing.

That's it foos. :cool:

Big-Ron: 12.5% is good....I just love being able to see my abs....and veins. :D

carolinagirl: Sorry hon. That sh$t is on everything I own.....and I am still trying to wipe it off countertops and walls. :)

heathj
06-04-2003, 06:47 PM
:spam:

Good luck! :thumbup:

Alex.V
06-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Damn, man, get more sleep.

It was damn cool to see you down here, sorry I didn't get a chance to drop back in earlier. But....man, if you look how you look at sub-170, you will look RIDICULOUS with another 8-9 pounds of lean body mass. Good luck, but... hell. You REALLY don't need it.

Narcissus
06-04-2003, 08:15 PM
BB: i dont think that adding the size you want will prove to be any problem for you. just keep that dedication.

BennettBoy
06-05-2003, 06:46 AM
To meet my immediate goal of 180 lbs. at 8% I have decided to include the following foods in my diet:

Proteins
Boneless, Skinless chicken breats
Tuna in water
Talipia fish
Extra lean ground beef
Protein supplement powder
Egg whites w/ few yolks
Eye of Round Steak'
Flank Steak

Complex Carbs
Oats
Sweet Potatoes
Brown Rice
Baked Potatoes
Pinto Beans
White Rice - occasionally

Fibrous Carbs
Leafy Lettuce
Broccoli
Green Beans
Cabbage
Collards/Spinach

Fruit
Bananas
Apples

Fats
Fish Oil Caps
Udos Oil
Natty PB
Olive Oil

Other
Steak Sauce
Splenda
Fat Free Mayo
Fat Free Ranch Salad Dressing
Coffee
Water

The only supplements I plan to use now will be:

Protein powder
Vitamins (Multi, C, E)
ECA when needed

My plan is to eat clean 6 days a week and then allow myself to indulge some (nothing crazy) on Sundays.

heathj: Thanks much!

Belial Thanks bro. Hopefully I can get to 180 with my bodyfat still low and then move on up towards 185.

Narc: Yeah I think I can add the size no problem....I just want to keep my abs and bodyfat in check. :p

Workhorse
06-05-2003, 08:30 AM
Great job BB, things look good and I know that with all your planning, you'll reach your goals in no time!!! Its only 15 pounds, you can do it!!

Mik
06-05-2003, 08:41 AM
Looks like you've got everything planned out nicely. Your dedication and approach is inspiring. You'll have no problem hitting your goal.

BennettBoy
06-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Workhorse & Mik: Thanks, and yes I will get to my goal. :)

A couple other things I thought I would mention:

1) I will continue to do cardio 3 times a week......even though Heath and Frannie don't believe me. :rolleyes:

2) I MAY continue to tan a couple times a week. I thought about cancelling my membership, but since it isn't that expensive......I'm just not sure yet.

Today I am planning to train back/biceps/forearms and do 20 minutes cardio on the treadmill. If time permits, I might bake for 20 minutes in the tanning bed :D

steveo
06-05-2003, 01:30 PM
Awesome goal BB.
Sound like something I would want to try myself. I'm at about the same weight but I'm up at about 13% which is the highset I've been. I' get my BF down and I'll see you at the other side.

Rock
06-05-2003, 02:15 PM
I wanna see more pictures from your show!

Silverback
06-05-2003, 02:16 PM
wow you responded to a reply i made :eek: !!!!

lol i know where your coming from, 12.5% will seem high to you at the moment.

Your diet looks excellent especially the food choices, personally i would add CLA and creatine to the supplement list they seem to help add mass without unwanted fat.

Also how many meals are you planning for? i think that 8 is a good number this will keep your metabolic rate brimming plus you wont get any bloated feelings.

you will meet 180lbs @ 8% no doubt bro ;)

BennettBoy
06-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Rock
I wanna see more pictures from your show!

Hey Rock, Frannie has ALOT of pictures and there will be more once she gets them developed.

BennettBoy
06-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Big-Ron

Your diet looks excellent especially the food choices, personally i would add CLA and creatine to the supplement list they seem to help add mass without unwanted fat.

Also how many meals are you planning for? i think that 8 is a good number this will keep your metabolic rate brimming plus you wont get any bloated feelings.

Ron, I did load creatine for 4 days leading up to my show, but to be honest I've never found creatine to do much for me. Plus, I kind of want to save some money and stop spending so much on supplements. :p

I will eat 7 and sometimes 8 meals a day. Yesterday I listed 7 meals, but I woke up at 11:30 p.m........so I had another Protein shake with some flax. :)

I decided I am just going to wait and do my back training tomorrow and then try to do shoulders Saturday morning. No rush really as a few days off will do me good. I'll list my diet for the day later, but it has been excellent so far.

I may go out tonight to check out the "shagging scene" downtown. I'm kind of tired of what I had been doing....and I seem to attract alot of crazy women that like to hang all over me and create drama all night long for me. If they were HOT it would be one thing.....but these chicas just don't interest me. LOL, Frannie and Heath know all too well now. :(

Franjipani
06-05-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
Hey Rock, Frannie has ALOT of pictures and there will be more once she gets them developed.

I am EXTREMELY happy to report that I have just now put all my rolls in for developing.....they will be back in a couple of days.... I will have them to you PRONTO:D :D :D :D.

Watch this space......;)

Workhorse
06-05-2003, 03:54 PM
*watches space

Budiak
06-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Those pics better not be as yellow as the last one.

Franjipani
06-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
Those pics better not be as yellow as the last one.

:swear:

BennettBoy
06-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Well I didn't train my back today either. :mad: I kind of stayed out longer than I anticipated and just didn't get enough sleep to have a good workout. It really isn't a problem though as I probably needed some time off and I'll just do some back and shoulders tomorrow and I will have worked every bodypart some this week. Pretty good strenght on chest and legs this week really. And I forgot to mention I did weighted dips the other day at Belial's gym and did 90 lbs. for 5 reps. And that was after doing like 15 sets for my chest.

My diet has been pretty dang good again today. The plans are to go out maybe a couple hours tonight and get in bed by midnight.

Mik
06-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Well I didn't train my back today either. :mad: I kind of stayed out longer than I anticipated and just didn't get enough sleep to have a good workout. It really isn't a problem though as I probably needed some time off and I'll just do some back and shoulders tomorrow and I will have worked every bodypart some this week. Pretty good strenght on chest and legs this week really. And I forgot to mention I did weighted dips the other day at Belial's gym and did 90 lbs. for 5 reps. And that was after doing like 15 sets for my chest.

My diet has been pretty dang good again today. The plans are to go out maybe a couple hours tonight and get in bed by midnight.

Don't worry Craig. You deserve the break. Weighted dips at +90 after 15 sets? Man that is strength and stamina....dayummmm!

Good work foo!

BennettBoy
06-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks Mik. I can't wait to see how my weighted dips progress. I'm thinking of putting flat barbell bench presses first in my new chest routine and weighted dips second. I haven't had either of these in my routine in 1 year probably so this is going to be alot of fun and interesting. My barbell bench press sucks right now. I think I did 225 for 5 reps while Heath spotted me. I have work to do on that, but I think it is time I put it back in my chest routine. I need some mass on my chest.

Mik
06-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Craig, if you find a way to progress on bench press lemme know. Mine sucks ass. That's why I've dropped it.

Franjipani
06-07-2003, 09:05 AM
I kind of stayed out longer than I anticipated and just didn't get enough sleep to have a good workout.

I hope that means what i think it means;).

Ya know... it feels rather odd posting in your journal without a countdown involved:(

Shankerr
06-07-2003, 12:24 PM
:hump:

There ya go, Shane has officially visited the new journal

Alex.V
06-07-2003, 12:28 PM
You just humped a guy's journal.

tuttut

Shankerr
06-07-2003, 06:44 PM
I'd hump you if you'd let me!

Belial <-------- :hump:

Shankerr
06-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Wait... no I wouldn't...... that kinda a disturbing thought actually... *hides*

BennettBoy
06-09-2003, 06:26 AM
No comments on the humpies. :rolleyes:

Saturday I did a combination of things including back/shoulders/biceps/forearms. Very good workout.....but maybe a bit too long. Yesterday was a wash.....I stayed out too late Saturday and slept all day yesterday. (Sorry Frannie....I didn't make it to Church. :( ) I did manange to eat very good though somehow.

Today will be chest day. I feel really refreshed for a Monday and ready to get on a schedule. Last week seemed like a waste....but after 16 weeks of dieting and being fairly good....I guess I just needed to get some good eating and partying out of my system. Time to get BIG now! And stay lean too of course. :)

New avatar for the Spring/Summer LOL. (For all the ladies of WBB. :) )

galileo
06-09-2003, 06:51 AM
Good luck BB! You'll do extremely well as long as you don't fall and break a hip. ;)

Grats on your successes so far!

BennettBoy
06-09-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by galileo
Good luck BB! You'll do extremely well as long as you don't fall and break a hip. ;)

Are you implying my legs are twigs? :D That I already knew.

Seriously, thanks galileo. I'll try to watch my step. ;)

Relentless
06-09-2003, 07:11 AM

Are you implying my legs are twigs? :D That I already knew.

I think he was taking a shot at your age.

(you know, old people always seem to fall and break their hip)

:D

Nice abs shot for your new avatar... are those stretch marks or scars on your lower abs...?

BennettBoy
06-09-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Callahan

are those stretch marks or scars on your lower abs...?

Neither. I do have a scar from having my appendix taken out years ago.....but I think you are just seeing the small remains of some visible veins. :p How they fade fast after a show LOL.

cphafner
06-09-2003, 07:18 AM
craig, abs are looking sick

WillKuenzel
06-09-2003, 07:22 AM
Cal, those are definitely veins.

Craig, you ripped bastard! :swear: :p

Workhorse
06-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
Craig, you ripped bastard! :swear: :p
I second that!! :mad:

Geez... whatta 6-pack... damn!! Great job BB... keep up the good work!!

Relentless
06-09-2003, 08:13 AM
vascular abs?
:cry:
I suspect I may NEVER have those. I'm jealous.

BennettBoy
06-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Monday, June 9, 2003

Training: Chest/Triceps

DB Incline Presses - 50 x 10 (warmup), 75 x 10, 85 x 6, 90 x 5

Working my way back up on these. My high was 95 lbs. this past Fall. I still need to increase my carbs though to push more weight.

Barbell Bench Presses - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 225 x 4, 235 x 2 sucks ass....

I have a long way to go on these. Just don't have any strength with these. BAH.

Hammer Incline Presses - 180 x 10, 230 x 6, 200 x 8, 180 x 8

Not bad. Need to get back to 6 plates soon.

Weighted Dips - bw + 45 lbs. x 10, bw +90 lbs. x 6, bw + 100 lbs. x 5..new PR I do believe.

Cable Crossovers - 50 x 10, 50 x 10, 50 x 10

Just because.

I did about 5 sets of pushdowns for triceps and 5 sets of seated calf stuff inbetween resting while doing chest.

Cardio: abs and cardio tomorrow...I hope.

Diet:

Meal 1 - 5 eggs whites (2 yolks), 1 Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 1/5 cans tuna w/ 1 tbsp flax seed oil
Meal 3 - Detour Bar, 5 fish oil caps, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 4 - 6 oz. eye of round steak, 1 sweet potato, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 5 - 6 oz. eye of round steak, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 7 - Choc. Ultramet, 1 banana
Meal 7 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 sweet potato, 1 cup peas -n- carrots, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 8 - will be 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese, 8 oz. skim milk, 1 Tbsp. natty PB, Ultramet Lite MRP

Sleep: 12+ hours.....:p

Diet wasn't bad today....but too low in carbs. Crap....I only weighed 167 today in the gym. Down 2 lbs. or so. I need to up my carbs I know. I'm thinking I need something like 35 protein, 45 carbs (good clean low GI carbs), and 20 fat to put on some good quality LBM. I need about 350 grams of carbs and 300 grams of protein I'm thinking and my carbs aren't close now. I'll have to make some adjustments.

MonkeyBoy
06-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Just curious BB, I notice there is no bread in your diet. Why? Just curious if it's a diet thing or a taste thing.

BTW you look awesome and congrats on the show...

BennettBoy
06-10-2003, 05:55 AM
MonkeyBoy, once in a while I will sneak in some bread.....but I just prefer to keep it off my daily diet. I love bread, but I'm trying to get most my carbs with oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice, baked potato, etc. It is probably mental, but yet I feel I really put on some bodyfat if I eat alot of bread.

BennettBoy
06-10-2003, 05:56 AM
LOL, check this out. I forgot I had this. Someone from another forum emailed me wanting to morph a picture of mine a while back. I said sure. He emailed me this. What you think?

Mik
06-10-2003, 06:08 AM
Lookin' hyooge Craig!

Workhorse
06-10-2003, 08:10 AM
I think that pic looks amazing... I wish someone could morph a pic of mine like that... just to see what I'd look like. :(

Herc
06-10-2003, 08:51 AM
LOL, check this out. I forgot I had this. Someone from another forum emailed me wanting to morph a picture of mine a while back. I said sure. He emailed me this. What you think?

Dude that's a really nice job. I'll put it under the microscope later, but I think it's better than anything I could do.

Herc
06-10-2003, 08:52 AM
I think that pic looks amazing... I wish someone could morph a pic of mine like that... just to see what I'd look like. :(

All you have to do is ask, and send / post a non-blurry pic of course.

Reinier
06-10-2003, 09:00 AM
his lats lag in the blown up pic

Herc
06-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Reinier
his lats lag in the blown up pic

Do you never have anything nice to say???

Workhorse
06-10-2003, 09:10 AM
I think Herc means... didn't your mommy tell you "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" :D

BennettBoy
06-10-2003, 06:48 PM
I found this on scbodybuilding.com site about Girma Russell (the 4'2" 83 lb. guy who finished 1st in my division). I thought it most interesting so I will share it with you folks.

I first met Girma Russell last year when he competed as a teenager in the SC State Championships. He was 17 at the time and 4’2” tall. At the time I noticed he was wearing what looked like a choker but I later learned it was actually a tracheal tube. Girma went on to win the Teenage Division that year. This year, Girma competed in the Men’s Junior Lightweight Division, weighing in at 83 lbs. There were a total of 8 competitors in his weight class, which Girma won unanimously. When I spoke to Girma, he described that he had been adopted by “the most wonderful mom in the world”, Sheryl Russell, and that she had literally “saved his life”. He pointed to his neck and stated: “I have a tracheal tube” and went on to explain that he was originally from Ethiopia and had only been in the United States about 3 years. He said that if he hadn’t been adopted, he wouldn’t be alive today. I decided not to ask any details but I knew all I needed to know. Girma, with the love and encouragement of his mom, had been able to overcome so many physical barriers that would probably have stopped the rest of us.

Also, I did 20 minutes moderate walk today for my cardio.

My diet was excellent other than the dang icecream I had early this evening. :( I can't continue to cheat like that.......it makes me mad as hell.

Tomorrow will be leg training.

BennettBoy
06-11-2003, 06:50 AM
Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Training: none

Today will be leg training day.

Cardio:

I did 20 minutes moderate walk on treadmill. I so want to continue doing this 3 times a week. :eek:

Diet:

Meal 1 - 5 eggs whites (2 yolks), 1 cup oatmeal (after cooking), 30 grams Ultramet Lite MRP, 1 Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 6 oz. eye of round steak, 1 banana, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 3 - 7 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 cup steamed brocolli, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 4 - Ultramet Lite Choc. MRP, 1/2 banana, 1 TBSP PB, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 5 - 5 oz. chicken breast, small sweet potato, 1 cup peas -n- carrotts, 1 pint Ben and Jerry icecream....:(
Meal 6 - woke at midnight and made a protein shake.

Sleep: 9 hours

Relentless
06-11-2003, 06:58 AM
suggestion:
if yer gonna cheat, just limit the cheat. If you feel like having ice cream, have a few teaspoons of it and then stop. :D you'll limit the # of calories, satisfy the immediate craving, and also avoid a massive insulin spike

I have been pretty freaking religious about not cheating on the current cut, but on previous cuts, I was able to make a pint of B&J or Haagen-Daas last for a couple weeks by only having a tsp or two at a time.

WillKuenzel
06-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Have you noticed your strength coming back up? What happens once you reach this goal of yours? You've got a full year until the the big show up here, plenty of time to put on a good amount of weight. :D

MonkeyBoy
06-11-2003, 02:17 PM
BB- you had mentioned earlier that your carbs were too low.

Here is a suggestion:

What I do is in the morning instead of having WW bread with my egg whites I cook an extra potato the night before when making dinner, chop it up and throw half in with my eggs(or whole thing) and maybe save the other half for the next day...

It's an EZ way to bump up the carbs and it's nice to eat them in the morning to get yah going...good luck

carolinagirl
06-12-2003, 08:41 AM
We'll try to get up the contest shots tonight, Bennett.

The only one you don't want up is the......um, closeup of the tanning process, right? ;) (Maybe I'll email you that one to make sure that that's the one!)

YoBrickWall
06-12-2003, 09:29 AM
yo b.b.- i wouldnt worry about the cheat day. yo desreve it. trust me. if yo dont take them yo gonna keep taking alittle bit here and there, then yo out of control.

ybw

Pup
06-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Craig...don't make yourself crazy over the cheats, **** it, if you feel the need, then do it, then get back to clean eating...also, when you are craving junk food, its often due to lack of adequate calories from the right sources, be sure that you are eating enough of the good stuff.

BennettBoy
06-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Training: Quads/Hams/Calves

Squats - 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 6, 315 x 3...:( still very heavy), 225 x 8, 225 x 8, 225 x 8, 135 x 10

SLDL's - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 185 x 8

Single-Leg Curls - 100 x 8, 100 x 8, 100 x 6

Leg Extensions

120 lbs x 10
120 lbs x 8
100 lbs x 10
100 lbs x 7
80 lbs. x 10+ burnout...I forget how many

Seated Calf Raises - 3 plates x 15 x 2

Not a bad leg day. Still not up to snuff with the squatting.

Cardio: none

Diet:

Meal 1 - 5 eggs whites (1 yolk), 1 cup oats, 1 Ultra-Met Lite MRP, Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 1 can tuna, 1 tsp. flax
Meal 3 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 sweet potato, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 4 - Pure Protein Choc. Chip Bar
Meal 5 - Ultramet Lite Choc. MRP, 1 banana, 8 oz. grape juice
Meal 6 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup baked beans
Meal 7 - 1 UltraMet Lite, 1 TBSP. PB, 6 oz. skim milk, 1 oreo ice-cream sand....was small. :D

In case you haven't guessed by now, ice-cream is a huge weakness of mine. :)

Sleep: 9 hours

Cal: I sure wished I had that much control with ice-cream but 2-3 tablespoons and I'm in for the pint. Good suggestion though.

HomeYield: Strenght has improved but it isn't yet back to what I was pushing. But I'm probably 18 pounds lighter still.

MonkeyBoy sounds like a good idea. I mean I love mixing hash browns with my eggs when I eat out :p

carolinagirl: Great!!! I am eager to see them as well. You know that is the shot. ;) Really I wouldn't have an issue with it but it wouldn't get approved anyway.......:angel:

YBB: Absolutely agreed. I'll have a few cheats and not worry.....but I want to keep my bodyfat down so I have to be good most the time.

Pup: Yep, I haven't gotten my carbs down like I want them yet and I have a feeling that is why I'm craving junk. That damn ice-cream. :eek:

BennettBoy
06-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Thursday, June 12, 2003

Training: Shoulders/Traps

DB Presses - 50 x 10 (warmup), 70 x 8, 75 x 6, 60 x 10

Hammer BTN Presses - 2 plates x 10, 4 plates x 6, 2 plates + 50 lbs. x 8

Cybex Lateral Raises - 80 x 10, 80 x 8, 80 x 7

Cable Rear Laterals - 40 x 10, 40 x 9

Cable Upright Rows - 120 x 10, 120 x 10, 120 x 10

Hammer Shrugs

4 plates x 10
4 plates + 50 lbs. x 10
6 plates x 10
6 plates x 8

Cardio: abs and cardio tomorrow.

Diet:

Meal 1 - 5 eggs whites (2 yolks), 1 cup oatmeal, 1 Utlra-Met Lite MRP, 1 Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup baked beans
Meal 3 - Ultra-Met, 1 banana
Meal 4 - Detour Bar
Meal 5
Meal 6

I'll list the rest of my diet later. I'm going to have more chicken for sure and maybe some fish.

Sleep: 8 hours

Workhorse
06-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Great workouts BB... even though your weight is still down, it looks like your strength has held on pretty well. Don't worry about the squats, your legs are a huge muscle group and as the weight comes back, you're going to be stronger than you were before!! :thumbup:

cphafner
06-12-2003, 03:13 PM
craig, why so many sets of squats at 225? Strength is impressive for being 18 lbs down!

BennettBoy
06-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
We'll try to get up the contest shots tonight, Bennett.

What happened with the pictures Heath? :confused: I'm curious to see them too, as the only pictures I've seen were the 3 Homeyield posted. The video is now available and I will purchase that at some point to have and keep.

Yesterday I spent the day with my Dad. I had a great time with my parents, but it was a waste dietwise. I ate terribly and had chocolate chip cookies (homemade), chips and salsa, and a honeybun. Damn good.....but not good for my diet.

So today I'm back on track and I'm going to keep it real clean this week and see what I weigh at the end of this week. My bodyfat is probably 8% now so I'm in trouble as I'm not at 180 lbs. I may have to go over 180 some and then go on a mini-cut. It's a damn shame you can diet 16 weeks to get where you want to be and then put bad weight back on so quickly in just 2 weeks.

I didn't get my back workout in last week, so I will do back and biceps today. I hope to do weighted chins and deadlifts. The only thing about the deads is if I do them, squats are pretty much out for Thursday. I'd like to do both though and may have to just rotate them every week. Too much for my lower back otherwise.

Mik
06-16-2003, 10:52 AM
*waits impatiently for pics*

Workhorse
06-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Sounds like a good plan Craig... I think you'll do fine by putting on some mass and then doing a mini-cut afterwards.

Don't worry about the diet, you know you'll get back on track. Great job man... keep up the great work!!

BennettBoy
06-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Workhorse: Thanks. My strength seems to be coming back little by little and I'm sure my squatting will only get better every time I do them.

cphafner: I did several sets of 225 because I couldn't do 315 for reps :(....and I wanted to ensure I did enough. Plus, I pretty much knew I wasn't going to do the leg press dropset, so I decided to squat a few more sets than usual.

BennettBoy
06-17-2003, 09:40 AM
I didn't actually do my back workout until this morning. I don't workout in the mornings.....so it wasn't all that. :( In fact, it sucked so bad I'm not even going to list the workout. And on top of that I felt I had a pain lodged in my lower left chest that kept bothering me. Not sure what's up with that unless I pulled something or this ECA has my heart kicked into overdrive. tuttut I really need to just get off this sh$t for a good while.

If I feel up to it after work, I'm going to head back to the gym and do some bicep and forearm work. And cardio. ;)

Tomorrow I'll do chest. I usually do chest on Monday so my schedule is really screwed up. I should just take the rest of the week off and start a fresh next Monday to be honest.

On a positive note......the diet is doing great the past 2 days. I'll probably post that later since it is good LOL.

ericg
06-17-2003, 10:08 AM
Nice journal man. Congrats on the comp :thumbup:

Good luck with the goals (not like you need it) your dedication is admirable. Thanks for setting such a great example.

Love the food choices as well - just eating clean, no special "tricks".

Again, good luck to ya.

BennettBoy
06-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks ericg. I just hope my willpower holds up haha.

Today's diet so far:

Meal 1 - 30 grams protein blend, 5 egg whites (1 yolk), 1 cup oatmeal, 3 fish oil caps, 1 Multi-Vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E
Meal 2 - Post workout: Ultramet Choc. MRP, banana
Meal 3 - 1 can tuna, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 4 - 8 oz. baked chicken (white meat), green beans, med. sweet potato, steamed squash, 1 small pc. cornbread
Meal 5 -
Meal 6 -
Meal 7 -

Meal 5 will be a protein bar. Meal 6 will be steak I think as I am supposed to eat with a friend. Meal 7 will most likely be protein blend and maybe some cottage cheese.

I weighed this morning at only 169 without shoes. I got a ways to go to get to 180 (let alone at only 8% bodyfat).....:p

Mik
06-17-2003, 11:06 AM
No prob Craig, you'll be there in no time man.

Workhorse
06-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Ahh, thats only 10 pounds... I give ya until the end of August and I bet you'll be close to it!! Good diet too!! Great job Craig!

BennettBoy
06-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Mik and Workhorse...aha, yeah only 10 lbs.....but I am at 169 and 7% I'd say. 11 pounds adding only 1% bodyfat will still take some time. I'm in no hurry anyway. My goal isn't to be freaky big so I'm just enjoying things now.

I decided not to go back to the gym. More is not better....even though sometimes I forget that very easily. :D

Tomorrow will be chest/triceps. My favorite training day of the week. :)

Workhorse
06-17-2003, 03:31 PM
see... add 20 lbs of mass... around 14 of muscle, 6 of fat... that'll put you around 9.1% then cut down to 8% by losing 2-3 pounds of fat and bam... you're 185 @ 8%.

Looks easy on paper, eh? lol :D

Budiak
06-17-2003, 06:15 PM
Bennet...wtf is your avatar anyways? I'm just assuming its your tanned, headless torso against a hideous green background, but I really really dont know.

Budiak
06-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Oh um...dude...
I just wanted to say that those messages were meant for Kimpy, you guys are right next to eachother in my buddy list and..oopsie!

Mik
06-18-2003, 10:35 AM
see... add 20 lbs of mass... around 14 of muscle, 6 of fat... that'll put you around 9.1% then cut down to 8% by losing 2-3 pounds of fat and bam... you're 185 @ 8%.

Looks easy on paper, eh? lol :D

I wish it were that easy! ;)

BennettBoy
06-20-2003, 08:27 AM
BAH, training sucks this week. I half-ass did back and chest, but I've decided to take the rest of the week off. I'm going to get back at it BIGTIME on Monday. Frannie will be going to the gym with me next week so starting Monday it is Legs for me. I got so off my schedule I just decided to take the week off and rest so I can get back on track next week with my usual routine.

That's about it. I'm going to North Carolina tomorrow to watch the show in Ashboro. Then Sunday Frannie is going to come spend the week with me in Columbia. :D

Me so lucky. ;)

Franjipani
06-20-2003, 08:52 AM
That's about it. I'm going to North Carolina tomorrow to watch the show in Ashboro. Then Sunday Frannie is going to come spend the week with me in Columbia. :D

Me so lucky. ;)

Yayyyyy, me so excited:clap:. I'm looking forward to you whipping me into shape at your fabuloso gym hon. Ohhh and I'm bringing all my photos for you to pick and choose which ones of the show you wish to post...:D.

BennettBoy
06-20-2003, 10:38 AM
So pictures DO exist? :p

I was beginning to wonder. :confused:

WillKuenzel
06-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Good! Because I'd like to see some of the better pictures. I wish the video I had taken would have come out better. :(

ectx
06-20-2003, 07:49 PM
YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THE HIGHPOINT SHOW DAMMIT! I have a friend who's doing it.

I hate you just a little more each time I see your avatar. lol Dang you lean. Good motivator for me. Hopefully I'll get to meet you guys if/when I go down for Will's show.

btw, did Will and Frannie buy you that beer post show? if not they owe you. lol

Escape01
06-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Your squat workout brings back sweet memories of long-past days as a sprinter...
That's some great work, sets like that add up. Very impressive.

Fish oil caps. I tried one of Narc's the other day. Wow, you guys do some crazy stuff for dieting. I then promptly proceeded to eat another 3 fried chicken thighs.

Looking strong man.

Budiak
06-21-2003, 06:33 AM
originally spouted off by ectx
lol Dang you lean.

Jesus. This asshole is going to be a doctor?

*hopes he never gets sick..or...needs microbiological help

BennettBoy
06-23-2003, 06:50 AM
Nice weekend! I went to Asheboro, NC Saturday to watch the show with Homeyield, carolinagirl and Franjipani. It was really a good show and some really tough competition. And of course Gunter was the guest poser. JESUS....I've never seen such a large guy in my life!!! His quads are every bit as big as my 31-32 inch waste. And he seems like a very nice guy as well.

And the real good part about the show was that Mark Neil, the guy from Columbia that I purchase all my supplements from, won the overall. He was absolutely ripped, huge and deserving of 1st place overall. I was even shocked how good he looked as I haven't ever seen him compete and have only seen him in the store with jeans and golf shirts on. I knew he was large....but still.

Frannie came back with me to stay a while. So we have made a pact that we will start working out with a new ferver and we started our new clean diets yesterday. This afternoon after work we are going to my gym to do Legs/calves.

Here is my diet from yesterday:

Meal 1: 30 grams whey, 4 egg whites (2 yolks), 1/2 cup dry oats, 1 multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E
Meal 2 - 40 grams whey, 1 banana, 1 Tbsp. PB, 1 gram Vitamin C, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 3 - EAS blueberry protein bar, 1 oz. peanuts, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 gram Vitamin C, 2 ECA
Meal 4 - 5 oz. grilled fish, 6 oz. grilled chicken, 1 sweet potato, salad made by Frannie :), 5 fish oil caps
Meal 5 - Micell Milk by Iron-Tek blend protein, 12 oz. skim milk, 1 tbsp. PB

I think that was about right anyway. We didn't get back from Asheboro until 3:45 a.m. Sunday morning. Stupid here got to talking with Frannie and completely missed the turn to I-77 in Charlotte to Columbia and stayed on I-85. Well, we went 40 miles past Charlotte and got to the Welcome to South Carolina sign when I realized I had screwed up. :( I had to turn around and it cost us 80 miles. :eek: So, I only had 5 meals or so since I didn't get up until close to noon Sunday.

Oh, we also went for a 30-40 minute walk so I did get some cardio done as well. :cool:

Training afresh and anew starts TODAY!!! After seeing the pictures of the show Frannie had I realize just how pathetic I looked and have a LONG way to go to get where I would like to be. Of course I still think in comparison I should have won. ;)

Cheers!

BennettBoy
06-23-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by ectx
YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THE HIGHPOINT SHOW DAMMIT! I have a friend who's doing it.

I've been enjoying eating junk a little too much I guess.....:D

BennettBoy
06-23-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Escape01
Your squat workout brings back sweet memories of long-past days as a sprinter...
That's some great work, sets like that add up. Very impressive.

Fish oil caps. I tried one of Narc's the other day. Wow, you guys do some crazy stuff for dieting. I then promptly proceeded to eat another 3 fried chicken thighs.

Looking strong man.

Thanks man. I really need to get my squat strength up for sure. My legs so suck.

Hey, you should give udos oil and fish oil caps a try. Not bad. :p

WillKuenzel
06-23-2003, 07:00 AM

Training afresh and anew starts TODAY!!! After seeing the pictures of the show Frannie had I realize just how pathetic I looked and have a LONG way to go to get where I would like to be.

Bull****! You looked great! Looking at the pictures, you were really lean and posed really well. For your size you looked great man. Of course we are our own worst critics but you did look good.

But yeah, you should have won. No doubts there.

carolinagirl
06-23-2003, 07:08 AM
Diet looks good.

I was good yesterday too. I told y'all it was all Frannie's fault! I'm an :angel: when she's not here! ;)

I can't believe y'all missed the turn. Silly.

Workhorse
06-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Bull****! You looked great! Looking at the pictures, you were really lean and posed really well. For your size you looked great man. Of course we are our own worst critics but you did look good.

But yeah, you should have won. No doubts there.
werd

Hope things are going well... or at least better than me... good luck on a refreshed start today!! :)

BennettBoy
06-23-2003, 10:46 AM
I wanted to add that Mark Neal, the overall Men's winner in Asheboro, sells me my supplements......but that sucker ain't selling me the same supplements he's using. ;)

Workhorse
06-23-2003, 10:52 AM
:withstupi :zipit:

LOL.... ya, I think his are a little more expensive!! ;)

BennettBoy
06-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Monday, June 23, 2003

Training: Quads/Calves

Squats - 135 x 10, 225 x 8, 275 x 6, 315 x 3, 225 x 6

Leg Press - 10 plates x 10 (Frannie noticed some form problems ;)), so I corrected them and then 12plates x 7, 14 plates x 5

Leg Extensions

110 lbs x 10
120 lbs x 8
120 lbs x 7
100 lbs x 7

I'll be honest, I only started really doing leg extensions and I am not too hot with these. I was kind of brainwashed by the HIT folks from way back that these are only for shaping your legs after you get size. I never had size so I didn't bother. I think it was a big mistake and cost me leg size and shape. Frannie kicked my butt with these. I'm looking forward though to progressing on these. There staying in my leg routine for quite some time to come.

[DB Lunges] - 3 sets of 15 feet w/ 40 lb. DB's in each hand

Probably could have gone with more weight....but these felt good.

Half-seated Calf Raises -

2 plates x 15
4 plates x 15
6 plates x 10
6 plates x 10

Seated Calf Raises - 2 sets of 3 plates x 12 or so

As always I wonder if I came away doing enough for my legs. But I'm still not sure how to handle my hamstrings. I'm kind of thinking about doing my deadlifting on another day......conventional and SLDL's. But that would give me 5 days of working out and I'd like to keep it at 4 days with the other 3 days doing cardio. I'll have to think some more on that. Anyway, I didn't do any hamstring stuff today so had I done SLDL's I would have done plenty. I'll do Hammies this week though with something.

Diet:

Meal 1 - 5 eggs whites (2 yolks), 1 cup oats, 30 grams Optimum Whey, Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 1 can tuna, 2 slices WW bread, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 3 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 5 oz. eye of round, 1 sweet potato, 5 fish oil caps, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 4 - MuscleTech Nitro Choc. Chip Bar, EAS protein drink, 2 ECA (Stacker 3)
Meal 5 - 8 oz. grapejuice, 40 grams Optimum Whey, 1/2 banana
Meal 6 - 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup green beans, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 7 - will be 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 40 grams Optimum Whey, 12 oz. skim milk, 1 Tbsp. Natty PB

Diet was damn good! I think if I figured it all out I'd be most pleased. This is a diet I think I can stick with a while and put on some good LBM......and little bodyfat :)

Sleep: 7.5 hours

That's about it. Tomorrow will be Chest/Triceps. I'm freakin' ready to get at it NOW. :p

Mik
06-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Diet is lookin' ace Craig. Nice leg day too!

carolinagirl
06-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Is that enough fat? Put it in fitday and be sure, okay? You might want to add some olive oil, or something......it looks almost precontest-ish!

(Nice discipline, though......but you still owe me that $5 from the last bet! :D)

BennettBoy
06-24-2003, 06:50 AM
Mik: My legs already feel it today so maybe I did do enough :D And as for my diet, it will be a work in progress for a while. I really need to ensure my macros are OK. I would love for them to be like 40/35/25 (protein/carbs/fat) with about 3200 calories for a while. I think that would allow me to slowly put on the quality LBM I want without accumulating too much bodyfat.

carolinagirl: I counted it up in my head (not with fitday however) and it is very close to 70 grams. So you are correct.....I want around 85-90 grams of fat daily. BUT....I purchased some udos oil yesterday and that will be added to my diet. So I'll get there.

Franjipani
06-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Tomorrow will be Chest/Triceps. I'm freakin' ready to get at it NOW. :p

ditto:D

Herc
06-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Dude, I'm sorry for the pain Frannie is going to attempt to inflict on you. (of course it will probably be no biggie for you - probably won't even get sore))

BennettBoy
06-25-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Herc
Dude, I'm sorry for the pain Frannie is going to attempt to inflict on you. (of course it will probably be no biggie for you - probably won't even get sore))

Frannie showed me the ab exercises and I have done most of them before. Now I'm trying to do more weighted stuff as I would like my abs a tad thicker. :)

Good stuff though for sure.

BennettBoy
06-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Tuesday 24, 2003

DB Incline Presses - 40 x 10 (warmup), 75 x 10, 85 x 7, 80 x 6

These felt really good. I felt strong today and should have gone for the 90's. But I wussed out I guess. :(

DB Bench Presses - 85 x 7, 80 x 6, 70 x 10 or so....

Pretty good. I hope to get back close to 100 in 2-3 more weeks.

Hammer Incline Presses - 180 x 10, 230 x 5, 200 x 8

Need to push towards 3 plates per side soon.

Flat DB Flyes - 45 x 8, 35 x 10, 35 x 8

45 really was too strong. I don't like these. I'll be back to cables next week. :) And weighted dips. I wanted to do some ab work with Frannie so I did one exercise less on chest than normal. My chest was pumped though so it wasn't a biggie.

I also did like 6 sets of tricep work with cable pushdowns and dips. And, I did 3 sets cable crunches and 3 sets decline crunches.

Cardio:

Frannie and I are going to take a walk today after I get home from work.

Diet:

Meal 1 - 4 eggs whites (2 yolks), 1/2 cup oats (before cooking), 30 grams Optimum Whey, 1 Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 1 can tuna, 2 slices WW bread, 7 fish oil caps
Meal 3 - 6" club sand. from Subway (no mayo)
Meal 4 - 6 oz. eye of round steak, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup green beans, 8 fish oil caps, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 5 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 1/2 banana, 8 oz. grape juice
Meal 6 - 1 oz. peanuts, 8 oz. grilled Salmon, 1 bowl salad, 1 sweet potato
Meal 7 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 8 oz. skim milk, 1 teaspoon udos oil, 1/2 banana

There you have it! I felt like I ate alot......but I haven't figured any of the cals/macros up and neither will I. :)

Sleep: 8 hours......I've really been sleeping great lately so that's good.

I am so sore right now. My quads, calves, glutes, lower back and now chest and triceps are all sore. And I LOVE IT!!! :) In a sick kind of way.

Today is a rest day. No lifting. I'll do some cardio after work and this evening we may go to see the local bands perform in the finals of a contest they are having downtown Columbia, SC.

Peace.

Workhorse
06-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Great chest day BB... strength will be back to what it was very very soon. Diet looks amazing too... you're doing a great job, I'm definately inspired, keep it up!!

Mik
06-25-2003, 08:10 AM
Ah, full body DOMS. Gotta llove it! Great work BB!

BennettBoy
06-26-2003, 06:30 AM
Well yesterday I did some cardio with Frannie. We went to some park near my house (hard to believe I never did this before) and walked on a trail. We walked for 1 hour......and fast too! :eek:

So I got my cardio in for a few days. :D No, I think we will walk again Friday.

And last night we went to Local Bands Live in Columbia. It was really alot of fun. And alot of people were there.......but they were all pretty damn young to be honest. :)

Other than the serveral Bud Lights I had....my diet was most excellent. Here it is:

Meal 1 - 30 grams Optimum Whey, 5 egg whites (3 whole eggs), 1/2 cup dry oats, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I. U. Vitamin E, Multi-vitamin, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 1 can tuna, 2 slices WW bread, 8 fish oil caps
Meal 3 - 6 oz. eye of round steak, 1 pkg. instant oatmeal, 7 fish oil caps, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 4 - Ultra Pure Protein (in a can), Detour Bar
Meal 5 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 1 banana, 8 oz. skim milk, 1 TBSP. Natty PB, 2 ECA
Meal 6 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 7 - 8 oz. Talapia grilled fish, 1/2 baked potato, salad made by Frannie ;), 5 fish oil caps
Meal 8 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 1/2 banana, 7 oz. udos oil, 8 oz. skim milk

I'm not going to even bother calculating calories yet as I weighed in the gym the other day and I'm just at 170 lbs. :( I am really going to have to pack away some calories it looks like to gain weight on clean eating. :p

Today will be back/bis. I'm still very sore. After today I can add my back and biceps to the sore list. :D

Workhorse
06-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Sounds like you had a great time last night... wish I was there to say hi to you and Franji!! Keep up the great eating... your diet is looking very good!!

BennettBoy
06-26-2003, 08:02 AM
Sounds like you had a great time last night... wish I was there to say hi to you and Franji!! Keep up the great eating... your diet is looking very good!!

Thanks Stu. Diet has been GREAT this week. Let's see if I can continue with it though LOL.

-

WillKuenzel
06-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Looks like you've kind of reached that equilibrium after a show. You'll probably have to kick it up just a little for you starting putting on some weight. Diet really is looking great! You'll be able to keep it that way, even without one of those diet nazi's down there with ya. :p

Franjipani
06-26-2003, 07:40 PM
You'll probably have to kick it up just a little for you starting putting on some weight. Diet really is looking great! You'll be able to keep it that way, even without one of those diet nazi's down there with ya. :p

:mad: hey cheeky, I resent that....I've been hounding him to eat heaps more.... I reckon he is a wee bit scared to lose the definition in his abs....

BennettBoy
06-27-2003, 06:28 AM
Thursday 26, 2003

Training: Back/Biceps/Forearms

Chins -

bw x 10
bw + 25 lbs. x 6
bw + 25 lbs. x 5
bw x 8 (widegrip)

T-Bar Rows -

1 plate x 10 (warmup)
3 plates x 8
5 plates x 6
2 plates x 15+ or so...to failure

V-Grip Lat Pulldowns - 100 x 10, 120 x 8, 120 x 7, 100 x failure

Low Cable Pulley Rows - 100 x 10, 120 x 8, 120 x 7, 100 x 10 or so......failure pretty much.

I did 5 sets for biceps. All were seated DB curls. I started with 25's, then 30, then 35, then 40, then 45's. :D Biceps were very tight and pumped.

I also did 4 sets of BTB Barbell forearm curls. I love these.

Cardio:

None. If I don't do some tonight I will definitely get in 30 minutes tomorrow.

Diet:

Meal 1 - 4 eggs whites (2 yolks), 1/2 cup oats (before cooking), 30 grams Optimum Whey, 1 Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - 1 can tuna, 2 slices WW bread, 6 fish oil caps
Meal 3 - Beef Stew, 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup green beans, 1/2 cup stewed squash, 1 small pc. cornbread (I ate out)
Meal 4 - Protein shake from Smoothie King, Nature Valley's Granola Bar, 6 fish oil caps
Meal 5 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 1/2 banana, 8 oz. grape juice, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 6 - 8 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 baked potato
Meal 7 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 8 oz. skim milk, 1 teaspoon udos oil

Diet was good even though I did eat out one meal. I weighed with my shoes on yesterday at 171.5! I have no idea how many calories I'm taking in daily....but I think it is enough to allow slow growth.

Yes Frannie thinks I should eat more, but I don't want to put on weight too fast. I really want to add LBM slowly and try to keep my bodyfat down. I will get to 180. I'm in no hurry. It's summer.....I want abs. :p

Sleep: 8 hours, but I got up 2 times to piss. :(

Today I will be doing shoulders/traps and some hamstring work. I'm not sure what Frannie will do. She is very sore. :eek: We are going to Walmart to buy groceries and get her pictures of Gunter back. ;)

I hope the weather is nice this weekend. I really want to go to the Lake tomorrow. I am going to take Frannie to the thrift shops early.....but then I'm headed to the Lake later for some sun and fun.....and beers. :angel:

JohnnyAutoParts
06-29-2003, 11:16 AM
Hey Craig, how come your shoulder days are so rare?

carolinagirl
06-29-2003, 12:43 PM
My guess would be because his shoulders are freakin' huge already. ;)

Diet is looking really good, Bennett ...... you and your abs have fun at the lake today. I'm totally jealous. (Of the lake AND of how good you've been doing on your diet! :mad: )

heathj
06-29-2003, 04:18 PM
looking solid craig.

so let me get this straight...does fran live near/with you now, or what's the deal?

Franjipani
06-29-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by heathj
so let me get this straight...does fran live near/with you now, or what's the deal?

Yeah, she sure does get around huh ??? :p

Bennett did Shoulders on Saturday.....he'll be posting tomorrow...He's had waaaayyyyy too much fun this weekend..:evillaugh

BennettBoy
06-30-2003, 07:00 AM
What a waste of a weekend. tuttut

Beer, beer and more beer.

I did manage a shoulder workout Saturday though so I had a great week of workouts.

Today will be legs.

Just forget my diet for yesterday. It sucked.

I got to get back on track today.

That is all.

Mik
06-30-2003, 07:09 AM
Ha! Sounds like my weekend Craig. I gotta get back at it today too.

BennettBoy
06-30-2003, 10:12 AM
Here is my shoulder workout from Saturday.

Frannie and I are doing legs today with a heavy concentration on hammies. No squats for me today because I plan to deadlift Thursday, so I'll do leg presses and extensions alond with SLDL's and leg curls or something like that.

Saturday 28, 2003

Training: Shoulders/Traps

DB Presses - 40 x 10 (warmup), 60 x 10, 70 x 6, 65 x 6

Hammer BTN Presses - 140 x 10, 200 x 7, 180 x 5

DB Rear Laterals - 25 x 10, 25 x 10, 25 x 12

DB Front Raises - 25 x 8, 25 x 8, 25 x 8

Upright Rows - 100 x 8, 80 x 10, 80 x 10

Franjipani
06-30-2003, 10:23 AM

*lol*

I don't see you for nearly 2 days and THIS is the only gossip I get??? Shame on you Bennetttuttut

;)

WillKuenzel
06-30-2003, 10:40 AM

Doesn't sound like a wasted weekend to me. Well, "wasted :alcoholic " maybe but not wasted. Sounds like a perfectly good weekend to me. :p

BennettBoy
06-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Franjipani

I don't see you for nearly 2 days and THIS is the only gossip I get??? Shame on you Bennetttuttut

What did you want me to tell you......the details of the 2 women I slept with? :evillaugh

j/k

BennettBoy
06-30-2003, 06:52 PM
Today was an interesting day in the gym for sure. They had very little power (no lights and no AC). We had finished our leg workout except for calves when they asked everybody to go to another Gold's nearby. We went grocery shopping and both of us were really sick feeling. I have not felt so sick after a workout in ages. I think it was the no AC that got to me.

Monday, June 30, 2003

Training: Legs

SLDL's - 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 6, 185 x 8

I supersetted these with single leg curls and those went like this:

Single-Leg Curls - 70 x 10, 80 x 10, 80 x 8, 80 x 8

Hammies were fried.

Plate-loaded squat press

8 plates x 12
10 plates x 12
14 plates x 8
16 plates x 6

Not bad, next time I do these I might go for 18 plates. ;)

DB Lunges - 3 sets of 15 feet w/ 40 lb. DB's in each hand

OUCH.

Leg Extensions -

120 x 10
120 x 8

I wanted to do 2 more sets of these but we were asked to leave. I felt sick anyway. And I swear I'm either weak on these or the tension is WAY different from other folks gym because some are doing over 200 on these and I don't think I'm that much weaker. But then again, Frannie did 90 lbs. so maybe I am weak on these. :D But Frannie is strong with her legs.

That was it. No calves so I'll do those another day this week.

Diet:

Meal 1 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 1 TBSP Jif PB, 2 slices WW bread, Multi-vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 2 ECA
Meal 2 - Ham, egg, cheese on Jalepeno Bagel
Meal 3 - 7 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1.5 cups peas and carrotts, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 4 - 5 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup peas and carrotts, 1 gram Vitamin C, 2 ECA
Meal 5 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 1 small banana
Meal 6 - 2 slices supreme Pizza, large salad with Olive Oil Vinegrette, 1 gram Vitamin C
Meal 7 - will be 40 grams Optimum Whey, 8 oz. skim milk, 1 TBSP PB, 1 TBSP Udos oil

Pizza was great!!! I got 2 more slices for tomorrow too. :p

Sleep: 8.5 hours

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. All that dang beer must have gotten the best of me. :angel: Oh well, I'm going to take some Tylenol and go to bed early tonight. I'm pooped and exhausted.

Peace.

Franjipani
07-01-2003, 06:46 AM
Plate-loaded squat press

8 plates x 12
10 plates x 12
14 plates x 8
16 plates x 6

Ohhh forgot to mention hon, there were a couple of hotties checking you out whilst doing that last set.....well, it did look rather impressive;).

:angel:

BennettBoy
07-02-2003, 06:32 AM

Ohhh forgot to mention hon, there were a couple of hotties checking you out whilst doing that last set.....well, it did look rather impressive;).

:angel:

Why is it women ALWAYS mention things like this WAY after the fact? :D

Mik
07-02-2003, 07:03 AM
How's your weight doing these days Craig. Nice sessions bro and diet looks ace, especially the pizza. ;)

Franjipani
07-02-2003, 07:07 AM
Why is it women ALWAYS mention things like this WAY after the fact? :D

Ooops, sorry hon:angel:

I was busily getting in the zone for my next set !! I'm HARDCORE remember ;)

No way gonna pay to do cardio in the gym...when you have perfectly wonderful nature trails here:eek:

Workhorse
07-02-2003, 07:55 AM
I've been gone for a few days because we had a 4 day weekend here. Things look great Craig... leg and chest workouts look really good!! Great job! Keep up the good work with your diet... and don't worry, a few wobbly pops won't hurt too much! :)

Franjipani
07-05-2003, 09:01 PM
*bump*

I believe a back & shoulder session need to be added here ???;) :p.

Thanks for the opportunity to train with you over the past two weeks Bennett !! You got me back on the straight and narrow & I enjoyed it thoroughly.:D :D.

You simply ROCK:thumbup:

cphafner
07-05-2003, 09:53 PM
craig I feel you on the barbell bench. I feel dumbbells so much better, and I can seem to move more weight with DB's anyway.

BennettBoy
07-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Today was a very tough day for me. I took Frannie back to carolinagirl's house in Chapel Hill, NC. I'm usually not a very emotional person, but I broke down several times today and teared up. I'm going to miss her very much. I already do.

I have nobody to cook my eggs for me tomorrow. :D
I have nobody to listen to Channel 93.5 with me tomorrow. :(
I have nobody to sit down each night and share dinner with. :mad:
I'm back to training by myself tomorrow. :cry:
And nobody to listen to "Go Shorty.....It's Ya Birthday" with. :p

I'm very fortunate Frannie attended my bodybuilding show and then decided to stay with me a while. I'm a better person by having spent time with her. She's special;) ...a very special friend indeed.

Teh End.

Isaac Wilkins
07-06-2003, 09:29 PM
:cry:

My respect for you, already high, has kicked up another notch, Craig.

I'm going to go out on a limb and thank you for your influence on Frannie, it has been evident.

Franjipani
07-07-2003, 06:52 AM
I'm a better person by having spent time with her. She's special;) ...a very special friend indeed.

Thankyou:redface:

The feeling is very much mutual my friend:D. I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought about was our eggs;).

Dammit !!! Now I'm gonna sing that song all day today:D :D :D.

I miss you muffin:cry:

Ohh and check ya pm's :angel:

Workhorse
07-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Sounds like you and Franji had a great time together! I only wish I couldhave been around to meet all of you also. Hope you're doing well Craig... talk to you later.

BennettBoy
07-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Mik
How's your weight doing these days Craig.

Mik, I'm still holding around 170 for now. I'll increase cals slowly starting mid Sept. No rush since it is summer and I plan to go to the Lake some on weekends. :)

BennettBoy
07-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the opportunity to train with you over the past two weeks Bennett !! You got me back on the straight and narrow & I enjoyed it thoroughly.:D :D.

You simply ROCK:thumbup:

:)

BennettBoy
07-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by cphafner
craig I feel you on the barbell bench. I feel dumbbells so much better, and I can seem to move more weight with DB's anyway.

DB's rock for chest.

BennettBoy
07-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Borris

My respect for you, already high, has kicked up another notch, Craig.

I'm going to go out on a limb and thank you for your influence on Frannie, it has been evident.

I appreciate it much Borris. If nothing else, we sure ate good and had alot of DOMS together. :cool:

BennettBoy
07-07-2003, 09:55 AM
Sounds like you and Franji had a great time together! I only wish I couldhave been around to meet all of you also. Hope you're doing well Craig... talk to you later.

We had a blast Stu. I'm already looking forward to next Summer when we get together again to do the contest.

YoBrickWall
07-07-2003, 12:50 PM
yo b.b.- looking back now, remeber how i told u about my cheat days and yo were afraid to do so? arent yo glad now that yo didnt deprive yoself of it?

ybw

BennettBoy
07-07-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by YoBrickWall
yo b.b.- looking back now, remeber how i told u about my cheat days and yo were afraid to do so? arent yo glad now that yo didnt deprive yoself of it?

ybw

Yeah....I actually may be having too many cheat meals these days. But they are ace.

Workhorse
07-07-2003, 03:54 PM
post whore... ;) :zipit:

BennettBoy
07-07-2003, 03:58 PM
I should be doing Legs today, but I somehow got suckered into helping someone move who I barely know. My friends girlfriend works with this guy who.....blah blah. But anyway, since I want to squat and did deads Saturday maybe tomorrow will work better anyway. I'm not worrying about specific days to work out here lately. I just work the bodypart that is due to be worked whenever. :D

My diet has been pretty good, but could do downhill here in a bit since I will have no food on me. I'll try to post it later.

Mik
07-08-2003, 06:34 AM
Moving sucks! It has to be one of the worst jobs in the world.

BennettBoy
07-08-2003, 06:41 AM
Damn moving folks I don't even know. I'm not happy at all with being conned into this and I am CERTAIN my friend knew I DID NOT appreciate this. Of course I was lied to and told it would take 20 minutes and was 1 bedroom suit, a table and a couch. We get to his house (1 hour away from Columbia) and stop at a store. We are then excorted to this guys house by a police. I'm thinking WTF???

It turns out this guy is a gay friend of hers who is in some freakin ~!@#$% weird relationship with a guy that beats him and is ready to move on and get his life together. He is unsure if the guy will be at home so they have a police escort them.

THEN he has all the above to move plus washer/dryer, huge ass table and chairs and a 2 living room sets basically. It took over 1 hour for 4 of us to get it out of the house and then another 30 minutes to get it all on the U-Haul. I was freakin' pouring sweat and whipped. Good thing I skipped my leg workout. I left after that. I just told my friend I wasn't helping take it off the U-Haul. They were selling it all because the guy is in alot of trouble with the law and owes alot of money for tickets and stuff. Not my problem.

I WAS PISSED. My friend knew it. I barely said 10 words on the way out and on the way back. I do not appreciate being brought into sh$t like that by being lied to do help.

Time for me to find some new friends. With friends like this who needs friends anyway.

Why the hell do folks take advantage of people....especially by being dishonest?

Enough ranting.

DIET for yesterday:

Meal 1 - 1 egg, 1 slice WW bread, 40 grams whey
Meal 2 - 1 slice WW bread, 1 can tuna, 1 teaspoon udos oil
Meal 3 - 6 oz. eye of round steak
Meal 4 - 5 oz. grilled chicken, 1 bowl Frannie salad :), 1 pkg. instant oatmeal
Meal 5 - 40 grams whey w/ 12 oz. skim milk, 1/2 banana
Meal 6 - 6" ham, roast beef, turkey sub from Substation
Meal 7 - 40 grams whey, 12 oz. skim milk, 1 teaspoon Jif PB

SLEEP: 9 hours. Very nice.

Today will be Legs. I hope to get this workout done during a long lunch break so I can get some things done around the house tonight.

Teh End.

WillKuenzel
07-08-2003, 07:02 AM
That moving business sucks dude. I hate to hear **** like that. Luckily enough my friends know to ask way ahead of time and more often then not I'm busy and can't help. Hopefully they'll learn after this time.

Diet ended up looking pretty good and I only wish I could get that much sleep.

Relentless
07-08-2003, 07:16 AM
you got a chance to work hard enough that you were "freakin' pouring sweat and whipped" and you're bitter?

Hell, man! I hate moving too, especially someone I don't know, but it sounds like you at least got a good workout out of it...

you must connect with your inner Franji-ness and focus on the positive :D

Workhorse
07-08-2003, 07:47 AM
I helped a buddy of mine move last Tuesday. I had the day off from work because it was Canada Day and I spent from 9am to 9pm moving his stuff from one apartment, to the 3rd floor of another building about 20 minutes away. Him and I moved all of the heavy stuff... beds, kitchen table, chairs, sofa, loveseat, dressers, tvs, entertainment stands, coffee tables... etc. While his fiance and sister moved **** like blankets and clothes. I was not impressed to spend my entire Canada Day walking up and down stairs.... I feel your pain Craig!!! :(

BennettBoy
07-08-2003, 07:49 AM
I helped a buddy of mine move last Tuesday. I had the day off from work because it was Canada Day and I spent from 9am to 9pm moving his stuff from one apartment, to the 3rd floor of another building about 20 minutes away. Him and I moved all of the heavy stuff... beds, kitchen table, chairs, sofa, loveseat, dressers, tvs, entertainment stands, coffee tables... etc. While his fiance and sister moved **** like blankets and clothes. I was not impressed to spend my entire Canada Day walking up and down stairs.... I feel your pain Craig!!! :(

Well I don't mind helping folks one bit. I love to do so in fact. I just don't appreciate being lied to in order for them to receive my help. I'm a freakin' fool. I should have known better though so it is my fault.

Workhorse
07-08-2003, 07:51 AM
That's what I was trying to say.... sorry Craig. I was told that he didn't have much stuff and that we'd be done by lunch time.... 9 hours later I left to go home. I don't mind helping either... its just stupid that it isn't what they say it is. :(

Franjipani
07-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
you must connect with your inner Franji-ness and focus on the positive :D

*LMAO* @ this.... cheeky buggar:p

Bennett, at least your life is not dull eh??;). Like Cal said, you sure got a workout....

Awareness is half the battle....you can now "choose" to limit the time you spend with them:D. You certainly are NO FOOL !!!

Besides, I'm doing legs today also :angel:

Ohh and "go shorty....its ya birfday...gonna party like its ya birfday...":cool:

BennettBoy
07-08-2003, 04:20 PM

Awareness is half the battle....you can now "choose" to limit the time you spend with them:D.

Maybe if I hear this enough I will finally act on it. I am sure what you really meant however was......."quit talking about it and do something about it!" :)

BennettBoy
07-08-2003, 04:53 PM
I had a busy afternoon at work today and that was good. It helped take my mind off alot of things. The past couple of days have been extremely hard for me. Yeah I miss the fun times Frannie and I had together, but it is so much more than that. I think the time has come that I have finally started taking a good look at the big picture of my life...my career, my friends, my happiness, my ambitions, the way I handle my finances, my goals, etc......and I'm not too happy with things. In fact, if I were to be real honest I would have to say I am flunking in most areas.

So getting my mind off things for a while was good. But even better.....I think it is time to start making some changes in my life. I just don't think I'm going to find the things I want for my life hanging out with the folks I've been hanging with and doing the things I have been doing. So I have some decisions to make.

But one thing that will remain in my lifestyle is bodybuilding. ;) So with that, let me say I had one of the best leg days it felt like I have had in a while. I'm not sure it will produce the DOMS Frannie and I had :p, but it was alot of volume and fun. Oh, I do need to say I didn't squat even though I had said I wanted to a few posts back. I forgot I am going to alternate squatting and deadlifting every week and since I did deads on Saturday.....I'll squat next Monday. I did have some PR's today though. :eek:

Tuesday, July 8, 2003

Training: Legs/Calves

Leg Press -

8 plates x 12
12 plates x 10
14 plates x 8
16 plates +25 lbs. x 3 (PR)....stripped then
6 plates x 20

SLDL's - 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 235 x 6 (PR)

[DB Lunges - 2 sets of 25 feet w/ 40 lb. DB's in each hand

Leg Extensions -

100 x 12
120 x 8
120 x 8
100 x 12
100 x 9
100 x 8

WOW....6 sets. Weight still sucks but I'm getting better at these.

Then I did 6 sets for calves too!! Used semi-heavy weight for 12-15 rep range.

Cardio: none...seems to be a thing of the past. psst. You were right cgirl. :rolleyes:

Diet:

Meal 1 - 30 grams Optimum Whey, 5 eggs (2 yolks), 1/2 cup oatmeal (before cooking)
Meal 2 - 4 oz. turkey meat on 2 slices WW bread
Meal 3 - beef stew over rice, 1 cup green beans, 1 cup stewed squash, 1 small cornbread
Meal 4 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 8 oz. skim milk, 1 teaspoon udos, 1 small sweet potato
Meal 5 - 40 grams Optimum Whey, 1 banana
Meal 6 - 5 oz. grilled chicken, 4 oz. eye of round, 1 bowl salad w/ TBSP Olive Oil Vinaigrette, 1 teaspoon udos oil
Meal 7 - will be 40 grams Optimum Whey, 8 oz. skim milk, 1 TBSP Jif PB

Sleep: 9 hours last night

So tomorrow will be Chest/biceps. I'm going to work a few sets of biceps with chest now and do triceps with back. That way I will hit arms a tad more without doing a day for them on their own.

Teh End.

Mik
07-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Good luck with the changes you hope to make Craig. Just apply the same determination and dedication you've shown on these boards and you'll accomplish whatever you set your mind to.

Bam Bam
07-08-2003, 07:35 PM
everyone gets those feelings craig just press through them and focus on your goals

Escape01
07-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Craig...just cheking in on your journal.

12 plates x 10
14 plates x 8
16 plates +25 lbs. x 3 (PR)

That's some damn good strength on the leg press. Wow. Very impressive work.

Good luck with getting your sights set on goals inside and outside the gym.

carolinagirl
07-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Cardio:none...seems to be a thing of the past. psst. You were right cgirl. :rolleyes:

I won't say I told you so! :angel:

I'm sorry you're stressing over this stuff.....but it's been bugging you for a while, and if the stress helps motivate you to make the changes you want to make, then it's a good thing in the long run! (See? Inner Franji-ness! :D)

Now that you're figuring out exactly what you want out of your life, I have no doubt that you'll implement the changes you need to make to get what you want with no trouble, what with your crazy self-discipline and all. :bow:

(And...nice segue there....diet's looking good!)

BennettBoy
07-09-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Mik
Good luck with the changes you hope to make Craig. Just apply the same determination and dedication you've shown on these boards and you'll accomplish whatever you set your mind to.

Thanks Mik. I gots to do it bro. :p

BennettBoy
07-09-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Bam Bam
everyone gets those feelings craig just press through them and focus on your goals

Yep, you are probably correct. I'm sure most of my thoughts are more centered on the excessive partying I have allowed in my life lately. :D

If I clean that up, most likely everything else will fall into place.

Thanks for the support though Scott.

BennettBoy
07-09-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Escape01

That's some damn good strength on the leg press. Wow. Very impressive work.

Jonathon, thanks. Not quite the weight you beasts are pushing there in Durham.....but pretty good for me anyway LOL.

BennettBoy
07-09-2003, 05:52 AM

I won't say I told you so! :angel:

(And...nice segue there....diet's looking good!)

Why not say it.....you did tell me so? ;)

I was 172 yesterday (with my tennis shoes on though), so hopefully I have finally got my diet to the point where I have things turned around and can start adding a few pounds.

Workhorse
07-09-2003, 08:25 AM
I just want to pop in here and wish you all the best in everything to try to do Craig. I know making changes in your lifestyle, and for that matter, all aspects of your life are very hard to do. I commend you on your new found outlook and wish you all the luck and strength in achieving your goals.

BennettBoy
07-09-2003, 11:12 AM
I just want to pop in here and wish you all the best in everything to try to do Craig. I know making changes in your lifestyle, and for that matter, all aspects of your life are very hard to do. I commend you on your new found outlook and wish you all the luck and strength in achieving your goals.

Thanks buddy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAN I can't wait to get to the gym today to do chest. Not only is chest my favorite bodypart to work, but it seems like a month since I last worked it. Of course it has only been 8 days.

AND.....if all goes well I want to do 20 minutes cardio today too. I had a big-ass lunch (meatloaf, mashed potatoes without gravy though, turnip greens, and field peas....and small cornbread) I want to work off haha.

I have to get to the grocery store today. I have eaten lunch like this now 2 days in a row because I have been slack and haven't been cooking. That has to change or my bodyfat will get out of hand quick.

JustinF
07-09-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Mik
:withstupi

Wow, looks like Frannie has a profound impact on anyone she talks to. She has helped me sort out a lot in my life too, and I haven't even met her yet! The first step in recognizing and aknowleging the things that need to change, sounds like you are already there. Good luck with everything.

Oh, :spam:

and... Nice session. :D

BennettBoy
07-10-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by JustinF

Wow, looks like Frannie has a profound impact on anyone she talks to. She has helped me sort out a lot in my life too, and I haven't even met her yet!

Aye. And you will meet her soon right? :cool:

JustinF
07-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Yup. August 1st in Toronto. Honestly, I can't wait!!

BennettBoy
07-10-2003, 06:29 AM
Very nice chest workout yesterday. I didn't do biceps. :( I just was fried after doing chest and wanted to do some abs and cardio. :eek:

Wednesday, July 9, 2003

Training: Chest/Abs

Incline S-M Presses - 100 x 10, 150 x 10, 150 x 8, 150 x 7

Hmmm......wasn't as strong with these as I wanted to be.

DB Flat Bench Presses - 75 x 8, 90 x 4...BAH weak, 75 x 6

DB Incline Bench Presses - 70 x 8, 80 x 6, 80 x 4...dropped to 50 x 10 or so (to failure)

Cable Crossovers - 50 x 10, 40 x 10, 40 x 12.

I did these very slow and really concentrated on squeezing my pecs. My chest was SO PUMPED......:p

Dips - bw x 12, bw x 10, bw x failure...15 or more.

Jesus did I have a pump going on. :)

I did 3 sets cable crunches with 140 lbs. x 12 reps.

Cardio:

YEAH.....:clap: I did it!

15 minutes at 4.0 on treadmill.

Today I plan to do abs and cardio again.

Diet:

Meal 1 - 4 eggs whites (2 yolks), 1 pkg. instant oatmeal, 30 grams Optimum Whey,
Meal 2 - 5 oz. turkey meat on 2 slices WW bread
Meal 3 - 7 oz. meatloaf, 1 cup potatoes, 1 cup field peas, 1/2 cup turnip greens, 1 small cornbread
Meal 4 - 1 can tuna, 1 teaspoon udos oil
Meal 5 - 1 Ultramet MRP, 1 banana
Meal 6 - 1 Detour Bar
Meal 7 - 1 Advantage Peanut Butter Bar, 1 bowl icecream. :(

Diet wasn't the best today. I went to the grocery store and didn't get home until 9:00 p.m.......DAMN WALMART checkout. I was in line 45 minutes waiting to check out. So I got home and just had some icecream I bought. Fuk.

I got a pizza too for later this weekend. Otherwise I got really good stuff. I bought stuff to make salad like Frannie showed me. :) I got salmon, fish, eye of round, chicken, oats, eggs, skim milk, WW bread, sweet potatoes, brown rice.

Should be eating good starting tonight. :cool:

Sleep: 9 hours again. I love it! And I only got up one time to piss.

Today I am going to do 20 minutes cardio and some more abdominal work.

Teh End.

Mik
07-10-2003, 07:19 AM
Woohoo! BB's having a pizza party this weekend. :D

Workhorse
07-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Diet and workout look fantastic!!! Great job Craig!! 9 hours sleep every night... I don't know how you do it... I have problems getting 6!! That's most likely why I'm not progressing the way I should be... :(

Oh, and sign me up for the pizza party!! But you might want to buy more, I'm on a bulk and I'll probably eat the whole thing myself!! lol ;)

BennettBoy
07-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Saturday was a terrific day! OK I had too many beers but I had some fun. And then met a nice lady last night while out dancing. I guess she was interested since she took me home with her. :eek: I'm interested. :) We shall see.

Also I did back/biceps/forearms yesterday. That makes 2 weeks in a row I haven't worked out but 3 days each week. But I feel good and I'm getting bigger. :) I'm at 173 or so right now.

Jeebus
07-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Is there even such thing as "too many" beers? ;)

carolinagirl
07-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey! That's awesome! I'm so glad you met somebody you actually like, Bennett!

I want to hear about her! (No kids, right? ;))

Mik
07-14-2003, 07:03 AM
Grats on being up to 173 BB.

WillKuenzel
07-14-2003, 07:13 AM
You guess she was interested?! LMAO!! Yeah, that part about her taking you home didn't give it away did it? :p

Sounds like a great time man!

BennettBoy
07-14-2003, 07:47 AM
Hey! That's awesome! I'm so glad you met somebody you actually like, Bennett!

I want to hear about her! (No kids, right? ;))

LOL, you act like I'm picky carolinagirl. :D Yah.

She does have a 6 year old son. At my age I guess I can't get around that. She is recently divorced, owns her own beauty salon downtown Columbia that I hear is very successful, and she has a hot body. ;) AND, she has a membership to my gym, but she had previously worked out later than me so I had never seen her in the gym. Anyway, she wants to train with me. Not sure how that will go, but I am willing to give it a try. She is skeptical of me I think because she thinks I am a player (I'm not....I'm shy :p) Oh, and she just bought a house on the lake 6 weeks ago. I'll take it slow. I may be out of my league. :eek: But she likes my body. :angel: So who am I to argue with that, eh?

d221
07-15-2003, 01:54 AM
Hope it goes well for your mate, she sounds nice keep us posted on your progress.

Well done with your comp by the way i checked your pictures out, you look awesome, you did deserve to place higher, but coming 3rd in your 1st comp is nothing to be sad about welldone mate You worked very hard and it certainly shows.

Speak soon.

BennettBoy
07-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Thanks Dan. I appreciate it much. I think I deserved a higher finish as well. :D

Budiak
07-15-2003, 04:19 PM
She likes you because you're bald and devoid of bodyhair. You know what they say about bringing your work home.

WillKuenzel
07-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Bottom of page 2, 3 days later... no update.

Where's the diet? *grumbles something about a pinky swear*

Don't tell me that woman is getting you off track!

ectx
07-18-2003, 10:17 AM

I'll take it slow. I may be out of my league. :eek:

Pfft....Stop being so insecure...you're a great guy...now suck it up and have at her ya freak. :cool:

BennettBoy
07-21-2003, 09:56 AM
Diet update from weekend:

BEER!

:D

And yes I am still working out I have just been slack in not posting because work has been nuts! We have 2 guys out on vacation and all hell broke loose. (funny how that always happens).

Today I will be working Legs I think....but I only had 5 hours sleep so I might do shoulders then legs tomorrow.

WillKuenzel
07-24-2003, 08:26 AM
You still drinking beer or have you started working out again? :p

Workhorse
07-28-2003, 08:58 AM
:hello: :spam: How are ya Craig?

BennettBoy
07-29-2003, 06:05 AM
You still drinking beer or have you started working out again? :p

:p Actually I have been having some killer workouts lately. Last week I worked out 5 times and my diet has been very good as well. I'm still holding at around 173 lbs., which is fine for now since it is still summer/lake time. :cool:

I haven't been on WBB as much lately as work don't allow for it much now and my roommate decided not to pay the phone bill for 3 months and I have no way to connect at home now. :rolleyes: If he doesn't get the phone reconnected I guess I'll have to check into road runner soon. I personally am not too happy about him doing that as I feel I pay MORE THAN ENOUGH to live there and the phone was included in the rent from day one.

You ready for the show?

BennettBoy
07-29-2003, 06:06 AM
:hello: :spam: How are ya Craig?

Pretty damn good actually. Thanks for asking. You still bulking?

Relentless
07-29-2003, 06:13 AM
LOL, you act like I'm picky carolinagirl. :D Yah.

She does have a 6 year old son. At my age I guess I can't get around that. She is recently divorced, owns her own beauty salon downtown Columbia that I hear is very successful, and she has a hot body. ;) AND, she has a membership to my gym, but she had previously worked out later than me so I had never seen her in the gym. Anyway, she wants to train with me. Not sure how that will go, but I am willing to give it a try. She is skeptical of me I think because she thinks I am a player (I'm not....I'm shy :p) Oh, and she just bought a house on the lake 6 weeks ago. I'll take it slow. I may be out of my league. :eek: But she likes my body. :angel: So who am I to argue with that, eh?

Good to hear you're giving it a shot.

I think the reality is that any woman that get to your age or so, and hasn't been married/had kids is very likely to be a psycho.

If you think about it that way, a woman with a divorce and a kid is actually a good sign that she was marriageable (at least at some point. ;) )

There ain't no such thing as out of your league, mate. We're all just people, ya know? :)

Anywho, good to see things are still going well for ya. Cheers!

Cal

Workhorse
07-29-2003, 07:39 AM
I would say I'm "trying" to bulk, but not hitting the gym in almost 2 weeks kinda puts a damper on that!!! But I'll try to get back into the swing of things... check out my journal for the lowdown on what's been going on. :D

carolinagirl
07-29-2003, 08:35 AM
Missed you, Bennett. (That sucks about the phone....I wondered where you'd been. Clearly, Greg needs a down-home ass-whuppin'.)

Things are still going well with your lady-friend, I hope? ;)

BennettBoy
07-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Missed you, Bennett. (That sucks about the phone....I wondered where you'd been. Clearly, Greg needs a down-home ass-whuppin'.)

Things are still going well with your lady-friend, I hope? ;)

Yes Greg does need that.

Lady-friend update:

Her ex of 3 weeks (lived apart 1.5 years though) keeps making her life miserable so she says and this past week he had her beauty salon audited and it is going to cost her several thousand bucks. I spent some time with her at the lake Sunday, but pretty much we have both backed off after only 1 week of going pretty strong LOL. :p She worked out with me 2 times that week and hasn't been to the gym since. Seems to be more issues right now with her ex than I want to invite into my life.....and I'm sure she feels the same way.

I think I may just look into purchasing a new Dell PC and then get Road Runner. It's football season. I HAVE TO BE ONLINE. :D

BennettBoy
07-31-2003, 05:55 AM
WOO HOO.......the home phone is back in action. :p

So maybe I will start posting my workouts and diet again.

Back/biceps is scheduled for today.

Oh, and just 29 more days until kickoff. Can't wait.

Peace.

midee1
07-31-2003, 06:39 PM

I think I may just look into purchasing a new Dell PC and then get Road Runner. It's football season. I HAVE TO BE ONLINE. :D

Dell's rule I've had mine about 2 years. So does high speed access. Dsl owner for 2-3 months. AWESOME:D

BennettBoy
08-13-2003, 08:47 AM
Believe it or not, I am still alive. :p

So I just thought I would give this journal a bump.

Workouts are going EXTREMELY well and I am growing. I'm up to like 175 and trying to keep my bodyfat around 9% and under.

I hope to be around more soon.....work has me totally busy and stressed out. :(

Peace my bros.....and sisters. :D

JustinF
08-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Good to see ya back bro. Sounds like things are going well, besides work. Looking forward to seeing some workouts posted!!

WillKuenzel
08-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Well, at least you still workout. :) Too bad work is keeping ya busy.

BennettBoy
08-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Looking forward to seeing some workouts posted!!

OK, I'll bite.

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

LEG TRAINING:

Squats - 135 x 10, 225 x 8, 285 x 6, 315 x 3, 225 x 8, 135 x 15
DB Lunges - 3 sets of 25-30 feet or so. (50 lb. DB's)
SLDL's - 135 x 10, 225 x 8, 225 x 8
Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 120 lbs. x 10
Calfs - 5 sets of 320 x 8

This week I am trying to keep my carbs under 50 a day to see if I can whittle a little excess bodyfat off I've accumulated around my lower ab area.

There you have it!

cphafner
08-13-2003, 02:35 PM

I had a Dell in college, they had awesome support. I'm offline right now and going nuts. Glad to see the workouts are going well. Are you going up to Will's show? I'll be there.

BennettBoy
08-14-2003, 07:33 AM

Are you going up to Will's show? I'll be there.

Yes I want to go for sure. It's probably going to interfere with a Clemson home football game though. :(

WillKuenzel
08-14-2003, 07:42 AM
LOL, we'll see if we can get somebody tape it for you.

The football game. Not my show. :p

BennettBoy
08-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Well lookie here........I'm in luck. We got an open date so I will be at Homie's show for sure. :)

Date Opponent Time Television
Aug. 30 Georgia 12:00 Noon ABC
Sept. 6 Furman 5:00 PM
Sept. 13 Middle Tennessee 5:00 PM
Sept. 20 at Georgia Tech TBA
Sept. 27 Open Date
Oct. 4 at Maryland TBA
Oct. 11 Virginia TBA
Oct. 16# at N.C. State 7:45 PM ESPN
Oct. 25 North Carolina TBA
Nov. 1 at Wake Forest TBA

cphafner
08-14-2003, 09:25 AM
[B]Sept. 6 Furman 5:00 PM
Sept. 13 Middle Tennessee 5:00 PM

I didn't know clemson played high school teams too

Pup
08-14-2003, 09:34 AM
personally i'd find a new team to route for...:hide:

WillKuenzel
08-14-2003, 09:56 AM
A certain team from Chapel Hill is always a good bet. :thumbup:

BennettBoy
08-14-2003, 10:14 AM

I didn't know clemson played high school teams too

Hehe.....STFU! :D

Unfortunately our previous AD LOVED scheduling pansies.

BennettBoy
08-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Pup
personally i'd find a new team to route for...:hide:

Now now.

How have things been going for you Rob? You kickin' YoBrickWall's ass yet?

BennettBoy
08-14-2003, 10:17 AM
Not sure what happened when I copied that schedule, but FSU and South Carolina got left off.

We DO PLAY a few decent teams.....South Carolina isn't one though. :)

FSU, Georgia, Maryland, NCSU will give Clemson more than they can handle.

YoBrickWall
08-14-2003, 12:51 PM
yo b.b.- what is yo weight at now and what are yo shooting for?
also what are yo plans for the next show date?

ybw

BennettBoy
08-18-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by YoBrickWall
yo b.b.- what is yo weight at now and what are yo shooting for?
also what are yo plans for the next show date?

ybw

My weight is around 175 now. I still want to get to 180 at about 8%, but right now I'd say I'm around 9% so I still got some work to do. This week I plan to cut my carbs a good bit again. I'm spoiled with having a 6 pack showing hehe.

My plans are still to do another show next year with all the WBB folks. Right now I am consuming a few too many beers each weekend though. :D

YoBrickWall
08-18-2003, 10:23 AM
yo b.b. im at a 8 at 196, some days 200 but as long as i dont go over ten% im happy.
enjoy the beers cause next yr we all got our work cut out.
cheers

ybw

Workhorse
08-18-2003, 12:33 PM
A certain team from Chapel Hill is always a good bet. :thumbup:
werd

Just thought I'd stop by BB... looks like you're close to your goal.... great job and keep up the good work!!

BennettBoy
08-19-2003, 06:20 AM
Monday, August 18, 2003

Training: Chest

DB Flat Bench Presses - 50 x 10 (warmup), 75 x 10, 90 x 7, 85 x 7, 75 x 8

Seem to be getting stronger. Could have done some reps with 95 for sure.

DB Incline Bench Presses - 70 x 8, 85 x 5, 80 x 6

So so.

Hammer Wide Chest Presses - 180 x 10, 230 x 8, 230 x 7

Haven't done these in a while. Just mixing it up some.

Smith Machine Incline Presses - 140 x 8, 140 x 8, 90 x 12

Cable Crossovers - 50 x 10, 60 x 8, 60 x 8

Nice pump. :D

Dips w/ bw only - 10 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps.....slow and controlled reps.

I then did 3 sets for abs and 3 sets of tricep pushdowns.

Called it a day and went home and ate.

Slept 8 hours.

Diet was excellent!

BennettBoy
08-19-2003, 06:21 AM

werd

Just thought I'd stop by BB... looks like you're close to your goal.... great job and keep up the good work!!

Thanks Stu. It would be nice to get to 180....but I feel just fine at 175ish and still in no rush to get to 180. I'm kind of thinking now I might even look better in the mid 170 range anyway.

Mik
08-19-2003, 07:26 AM
Haven't checked in in awhile, looks like the workouts are coming along nicely. Nice strength there Craig. Keep up the good work.

JustinF
08-19-2003, 08:47 AM
Training is looing good Craig. Keep up the good work.

Isaac Wilkins
08-19-2003, 09:05 AM

Thanks Stu. It would be nice to get to 180....but I feel just fine at 175ish and still in no rush to get to 180. I'm kind of thinking now I might even look better in the mid 170 range anyway.

But think about how good you'd look at 235? :D

Seriously, your progress has been amazing to follow. I can't wait to see what you look like on stage next!

BennettBoy
08-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Thanks Mik, JustinF, and Borris.

Here are a couple quick update pics.........as you can see I'm getting fat again. :D And yes, the answer to the obvious question is yup...these were taken in the Men's room. :p

BennettBoy
08-19-2003, 01:34 PM
One more:

WillKuenzel
08-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Your back is looking better than I've ever seen it dude! Chest has filled out pretty good too!

Damn you and your dark tan! :p

JustinF
08-20-2003, 02:53 AM
Wow, looking great Craig. Definately can see the difference, great job!

BennettBoy
08-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Your back is looking better than I've ever seen it dude! Chest has filled out pretty good too!

And stomach has filled out too! :D

Thanks HomeYield.

Damn you and your dark tan! :p

Going to the lake most every weekend helps. :p

BennettBoy
08-20-2003, 06:56 AM
Wow, looking great Craig. Definately can see the difference, great job!

I appreciate it Justin. Workouts have been going well.

Mik
08-20-2003, 09:22 AM
I wanna be fat like Craig! Lookin good bro. Your tri's are looking great as well as the lats.

Relentless
08-20-2003, 12:30 PM
.........as you can see I'm getting fat again.

don't be such a woman

you're not *fat*

you're just *normal* again for a fit, athletic person

sheesh

Cal

P.S. I may start getting lat envy if you get much wider. Damn this month off. Damn it to hell! I also need to bulk again else you will surpass me strengthwise in all areas, which I simply refuse to accept. ;)

Workhorse
08-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Pics look great BB... one of the fittest "older" guys I've ever seen... great job!

Franjipani
08-23-2003, 12:15 AM

:omg: looking sen-frickin-sational.... I ought to know being the "dream tan queen" and all :p.

Mmmm someone has a birthday coming up soon....... ;)

BennettBoy
08-25-2003, 10:10 AM

Mmmm someone has a birthday coming up soon....... ;)

Who you or me? I had mine already in July ;)

:) That seems SO LONG AGO now....that rub down I mean. :p

Thanks Girlie.

BennettBoy
08-25-2003, 10:15 AM
It's that time again folks..........FOOTBALL!!!!

Spot the damn ball. :D

I traveled to Alabama this past weekend for my cousins wedding. I had a great time getting to see all the relatives again. It had been 4-5 years since we had all been together so I really enjoyed getting to see and talk with all the folks again.

Got back in time to do a back workout. Then, believe it or not, I went to the local YMCA parking lot and did sprints. I felt great afterwards.

Tonight I am going to do chest/triceps. I'm trying to eat really clean again for a while after allowing myself to splurge for a while. I'm close to 175....but some fat is accumulating around my abs so I need to nip that in the bud quick before it becomes a bigger problem.

And by the first week in October I plan to have a new Dell. I will have everything financially in order to make it happen by then and not have to charge the computer. And then I will get Road Runner. Hopefully then I can start logging my workouts again and spend more time again on WBB. I really miss not being around.

I'll try to log my workout from tonight tomorrow morning.

Peace.

Franjipani
08-25-2003, 11:26 PM
Who you or me? I had mine already in July ;)

Ooops, it was the other "Bennett"....the Brendan variety:redface:.
Don't know where my head was at in July.....I missed it:(.

No worries.....I've made it up to ya:D

Scott S
08-26-2003, 10:22 AM
Kinda late here, but your back is looking excellent! :thumbup:

BennettBoy
08-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Monday, August 25, 2003

Flat DB Bench Presses - 50 x 10 (warmup), 75 x 10, 85 x 8, 90 x 6, 80 x 8

Strength seems to be getting better.

Hammer Incline Bench Presses - 140 x 10, 180 x 10, 230 x 8, 180 x 8

Couldn't get a bench to do DB inclines so I hoped on this machine.

Cable Crossovers - 50 x 10, 60 x 9, 50 x 10

Nice pump afterwards :p

Incline DB Bench Presses - 70 x 10, 85 x 8

Hehe, I had a guy tell me nice after I easily whipped out 8 reps at 85. Then someone stole my bench. :(

Weighted Dips - 45 lbs x 10, 45 lbs. x 8, bw x 15 or so.

Jesus my chest was about to explode!

Tricep pushdowns - 100 x 10, 100 x 10

Tris were fried.

Diet:

Meal 1 - 30 grams Simply Whey, 5 egg whites (2 yolks), 5 fish oil caps, 1 multi vitamin, 1 gram Vitamin C, 200 I.U. Vitamin E
Meal 2 - can tuna, 5 fish oil caps
Meal 3 - 6 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 cup peas
Meal 4 - 1 Detour Bar
Meal 5 - 40 grams Choc. Ultramet, 1 banana
Meal 6 - 5 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 cup peas
Meal 7 - 40 grams Simply Whey, 2 TBSP natty PB

Water: 2 gallons +

Sleep: 8 hours

That's about it!

Today I will rest, tan, and grocery shop....and cook.

Tomorrow will be Quads/Hams/Calves.

BennettBoy
08-26-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Scott S
Kinda late here, but your back is looking excellent! :thumbup:

Thanks Scott S.

carolinagirl
08-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Your diet (and tanning and grocery shopping) sound like the lead-up to your show!

Ah, good times.

You gonna come up for Will's show in September? You can stay in the guest room and ride up with me if you want.

Pup
08-31-2003, 08:14 PM
I agree with Will...your back looks awesome...i think everyone has wider lats than me :cry:

oh yea...watched the game, pretty bad when you get shut out by a team that lost 19 starters to the NFL...maybe you might wanna move out of SC to a state that doesn't have junior varsity high schoolers posing as college athletes ;)

the doc
08-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Howdy BB!

You have another show coming up?

BennettBoy
09-02-2003, 08:16 AM
Your diet (and tanning and grocery shopping) sound like the lead-up to your show!

Ah, good times.

You gonna come up for Will's show in September? You can stay in the guest room and ride up with me if you want.

cgirl, yes I do plan to attend the show. I'll let you know more about my plans as the time gets closer.

BennettBoy
09-02-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Pup
I agree with Will...your back looks awesome...i think everyone has wider lats than me :cry:

oh yea...watched the game, pretty bad when you get shut out by a team that lost 19 starters to the NFL...maybe you might wanna move out of SC to a state that doesn't have junior varsity high schoolers posing as college athletes ;)

Yep, Clemson sucks. Time for Tommy Bowden to go. Our team is soft and we suck in the fundamentals under his leadership.

BennettBoy
09-02-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by the doc
Howdy BB!

You have another show coming up?

I'm gonna wait until next summer doc. Thanks for asking though. I need more size. :p

ryan1117
09-02-2003, 12:05 PM

Yep, Clemson sucks. Time for Tommy Bowden to go. Our team is soft and we suck in the fundamentals under his leadership.
I'm embarrassed because I picked Clemson to beat Georgia in my predictions. I figured with the game being at home, Bowden being on the hot seat, and Georgia not returning a huge chunk of their team would equal a Clemson victory.

At least if you look on the bright side, your rival looked pretty sorry with only a 14-7 win over Louisiana Lafayette!

BennettBoy
09-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ryan1117

At least if you look on the bright side, your rival looked pretty sorry with only a 14-7 win over Louisiana Lafayette!

Cocks 31
UVA 7

Damn what a difference a week makes. :)

And it is official. Clemson sucks! Struggling with Furman. :(

Took 3 days off from training. I did alot of 12 oz. curls however. :D

Tomorrow will be back day.

Oh yeah, hopefully I will get back to posting my workouts again regularly next week. I got my new Dell.....and I get high speed access next Thursday.

JustinF
09-07-2003, 06:50 PM
:spam:

Looking forward to seeing those sessions once you start posting them again!!

WillKuenzel
09-17-2003, 11:18 AM
*knock knock*

Anybody home?

BennettBoy
09-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I'm home.....just fallin' down on the job. I am really struggling to make myself post all my workouts and diet. Both are still pretty damn good. I'm probably 174 at 8%.

I'll get with it soon. Frannie, Heath, Rob and yourself are all showing me up.

Again, congrats on your show! The 2 pictures I saw, you looked damn good. Your going to bulk and cut again....or just try to slowly add LBM?

BennettBoy
09-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Oh and I do have my new Dell and Road Runner in place, so I really have no excuses now. With this Pentium 4 and loads of memory + broadband, this stuff seems lightening fast!

I'm loving my new setup for sure. :cool:

BennettBoy
09-30-2003, 07:37 PM
OK, here is yesterday's chest workout and diet.

Sept. 29, 2003

Training: Chest

Incline DB Presses - 50 x 10 (warmups), 70 x 10, 85 x 7, 80 x 7

85's are probably a little light here.

Cybex Machine Flat Bench Presses - 4 plates x 10, 6 plates x 6, 4 plates + 2 25 lb. plates x 7

I do these instead of flat BB bench presses which I hate and never feel in my chest.

Smith-Machine Inclie Bench Presses - 90 x 10, 140 x 8, 180 x 5, 140 x 6

Call me crazy....but I love these. I used a little higher angle or slope on the bench with these than I used with Incline DB presses.

Hammer Machine Wide Chest - 4 plates x 10, 4 plates x 10, 4 plates + 2 25 lb. plates x 8

Nothing too heavy....concentrating on a good pump LOL.

DB Pullovers - 3 sets of 8 reps with 45 lb. DB

Dips - bw x 12, bw x 10, bw x 8 with a slight lean forward.

That was it. Chest was nice and pumped.

No direct tricep work.

Cardio:

What's that? :confused:

Diet:

Meal 1 - 30 grams Simply Whey protein, 5 oz. eye of round steak, 1 package instant oatmeal.
Meal 2 - 1 can tuna w/ pat mayo
Meal 3 - Ryan's buffet. :p (included small salad with turkey, crab meat, tuna, carrots, cheese, brocolli, fat-free ranch......grilled chicken breast, stew beef over rice, 1/3 sweet potato, lima beans and carrotts.
Meal 4 - One-Way Protein Bar
Meal 5 - 40 grams Simply Whey protein
Meal 6 - 6 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 cup cooked brown rice, 1.5 cup Mexi-corn
Meal 7 - 40 oz. Simply Whey protein with 1 TBSP Jif peanut butter.

I thought diet was good. Plenty of calories and I made good choices at Ryan's LOL.

Water: 1.5 gallons or so.

Sleep: 8 hours. I've been taking Zinc as supp. and Jesus I'm having some nutty dreams. :D

So there you go. I did actually post a workout and diet.

Peace!