PDA

View Full Version : Planning first refeed...

kozen
06-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Im planning my first refeed.. i have gathered some information from the search functionand was wondering if someone could clarify it for me.

After my depletion workout i should load carbs for 24 hour period, starting with low gi carbs then moving to high gi carbs.
Can someone tell me the p/c/f ratio and number of calories i should consume at 173 lbs? Also, should i still stay away from processed foods ( ie white bread etc) or are all carbs a go? Any help would be appreciated.

GhettoSmurf
06-04-2003, 10:23 AM
actually, i thought you wanted high GI carbs after the depletion workout? and then as you near the end of the refeed, go on to lower GI?

for a p/c/f ratio, i'd go for 1g of protein per pound of body weight. about 10-15% fat, and then the rest carbs.

IMO its ok if the carbs are processed. i know that a lot of people carb up on food like cereal :)

kozen
06-04-2003, 10:39 AM
do i eat normal amount of calories or should i increase/decrease?

bradley
06-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by kozen
After my depletion workout i should load carbs for 24 hour period, starting with low gi carbs then moving to high gi carbs.

The duration and frequency of your refeed would depend on things like bf and degree of calorie deficit.

Actually you should start with high GI carbs and then go with low GI carbs toward the end of the refeed.

Can someone tell me the p/c/f ratio and number of calories i should consume at 173 lbs?

Your overall calorie intake will depend on your maintenance calorie level, but like GS said get about 1g of protein per lb. of bw and keep fat at around 15% (some of this should be in the form of EFAs). In the attatched article it is recommended that total calories on a refeed day should be 1.1-1.2*maintenance calorie level.

Also, should i still stay away from processed foods ( ie white bread etc) or are all carbs a go? Any help would be appreciated.

It really does not matter about the carbs as long as you keep the fat to a minimum. Some good choices would be things like kids cereals, sugary candy like smarties/sweet tarts, white rice, white bread, baking potatoes, etc.

This article should help as well:)http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article18.htm

GhettoSmurf
06-04-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by kozen
do i eat normal amount of calories or should i increase/decrease?

IMO you would want to increase the calories a bit.

kozen
06-04-2003, 10:55 AM
thanks guys ! i think i got it down.

bradley
06-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

IMO you would want to increase the calories a bit.

You definitely want to be over maintenance calories so as to cause some spillover into fat cells which will cause an increase in leptin production.