PDA

View Full Version : Too little? Too much?

bender73
06-04-2003, 03:15 PM
I am 5'8" and weigh 169lbs.. I am currently lifting 3x/week and doing cardio 2-3x/week. I just cannot seem to get below 169lbs.. I look good, but I want to be more defined. My daily averages from FitDay.com over the last 3 weeks are...

-Calories 2138 kcal
-Fat 90g
-Carbs 221g
-Protein 100g

Any advice? I don't want to be huge, but I would like to be a little bigger and more well-defined.

Thanks!!!

raniali
06-04-2003, 03:46 PM
more protein for starters .. which means less carbs. i am making the assumption that your diet is in order and that the 90g of fat is primarily from good sources.

there are a few things you can do:
1. change regular cardio to HIIT. there is a HIIT sticky in training section
2. lower cals by 100-200 and see if that makes any difference
3. try a thermogenic supplement
4. change macro-nutrient timing
5. or just post your diet and let us rip it apart

bradley
06-04-2003, 04:13 PM
What is your bf%, if you know it?

bender73
06-04-2003, 04:39 PM
I am getting my body fat % done at the gym tomorrow.

I don't really eat a lot of "bad" foods. I cheat a little on Sundays. Usually, I eat a lot of tuna, turkey, and chicken. I rarely ever snack on junk food at all. I drink a lot of water.

The problem I might have is that I tend to eat 2 big meals a day rather than 5-6 smaller meals.

I don't know. I feel like I am stuck on a plateau. I look good, but I just cannot seem to get really defined.

bradley
06-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by bender73
[B]I don't really eat a lot of "bad" foods. I cheat a little on Sundays. Usually, I eat a lot of tuna, turkey, and chicken. I rarely ever snack on junk food at all. I drink a lot of water.

As Raniali recommended I would increase your protein intake to about 1g per lb. of bw, and also make sure that most of your fats are coming from healthy sources. Adequate amounts of protein and EFAs are the two most important things in your diet.

The problem I might have is that I tend to eat 2 big meals a day rather than 5-6 smaller meals.

I would recommend breaking this up into smaller meals/snacks. Are you taking in any kind of postworkout shake or meal?

I don't know. I feel like I am stuck on a plateau. I look good, but I just cannot seem to get really defined.

If your bodyfat is <15% you might want to incorporate a planned refeed once a week or so.

bender73
06-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Thanks bradley,

I don't know my body fat %, but I should know tomorrow. I usually try to have either a met rx bar or protein shake after a work-out.

I do need to break my meals up because 2 big meals is probably not good. I tend to get cranky and hypoglycemic during the day.

bradley
06-05-2003, 02:11 AM
I usually try to have either a met rx bar or protein shake after a work-out.

I would go with the protein shake and some high GI carbs postworkout, which would be digested and absorbed by the body much faster than the protein bar.

bender73
06-10-2003, 03:52 PM
I had my BF% done...17.9%

Not great, huh?

I thought it would be lower since I look better than what I thought 17.9% would look like. I can see my abs (at least the top 4). Oh well. Any other advice?

GhettoSmurf
06-10-2003, 08:01 PM
I had my BF% done...17.9%

Not great, huh?

I thought it would be lower since I look better than what I thought 17.9% would look like. I can see my abs (at least the top 4). Oh well. Any other advice?

if you can see your abs i dont think your @ 17.9% remember, not all BF% tests are accurate.

bradley
06-11-2003, 03:34 AM
If you can see your top 4 abs it sounds like you are lower than 17.9%, but there is no way to know for sure. Might want to incorporate a refeed once a week which would be a good idea IMO.

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article18.htm

bender73
06-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Thanks so much everyone.