PDA

View Full Version : Cal's progress pix - June 2003

Relentless
06-04-2003, 09:06 PM
OK, here's the result of my progress from the friendly lil' competition Pietro and I have been engaged in...

I was on various versions of a keto diet from March to now (June) and in that time went from 228 to 198, give or take a pound or so of retained water (was as high as 232 in early march and as low as 197 so far in June).

The biggest realization was just how FAT I was back in March. I thought I was 'not bad' then but the reality is I was hauling around small mountains of extra lipids. Originally I thought getting down to 195 or so would be enough but at this point I think I'll see the lighter side of 190 before I'm done. Either way, this cut will continue till July, at which point all bets are off because I'll be on vacation in Ottawa. :)

Anyway, on to the pix... constructive criticism is always appreciated.

[edit/note: I figured out how to brighten the pix up a bit as I noticed that they seemed kind of dark... I've reposted the pix with the brightness turned up a bit so they're easier to see. Same pix, just brighter.]

Relentless
06-04-2003, 09:07 PM
and a much improved back double bi... note that in the NEW pic I don't have to cut off the pic high to hide the hideous flab at the waist

Relentless
06-04-2003, 09:08 PM
the side-leg shot... cuts are much improved, esp. around the calf. Overall the whole leg is leaner... see the frontleg shot later on.

Relentless
06-04-2003, 09:09 PM
and the last pic for which I have a good 'comparison' shot, the side chest pose...

Relentless
06-04-2003, 09:10 PM
and now some additional pix that I just thought looked semi-decent and showed off other bits of muscle that are poking through

Relentless
06-04-2003, 09:10 PM
the front leg shot...

Relentless
06-04-2003, 09:11 PM
a rather decent side tri shot

my tris somewhat overpower my biceps, I think

Relentless
06-04-2003, 09:12 PM
my feeble attempt at a most muscular

perhaps it should be called an 'almost muscular'

Relentless
06-04-2003, 09:13 PM
and finally, if you look close, you can see the start of abs poking through the remaining flab and the layer of manly hair

heathj
06-04-2003, 10:21 PM
Looking good, but shave man!! :p

Legs need some more work, but you have improved a lot. Good job.

Mystic Eric
06-04-2003, 10:38 PM
You're looking much leaner especially from the back.

Couple things though, I think you could add more size to your legs so they could catch up to your upper body more. As well, your hams seem to be lagging.

But good job on the progress!

And btw, though I've never been a GL fan, cool avatar!

harryhoudini66
06-04-2003, 11:31 PM
Great job. Also nice looking cat you got there.

TheGimp
06-05-2003, 01:36 AM
Great progress :thumbup:

I'm with heath tho, time to break out the razor :p

The_Brick
06-05-2003, 02:56 AM
FANTASTIC!!!!

GhettoSmurf
06-05-2003, 05:08 AM
i agree, looking good man.

do you have any before pics? or at least lemme know where they are in your journal ;)

Silverback
06-05-2003, 05:43 AM
looking great powdered toast man!

Tri's are looking mean :), legs cant judge because the lighting is crappy!! get it sorted.

B-R

WillKuenzel
06-05-2003, 06:48 AM
Back looks great! Incredible tranformation there. The side chest comparison is impressive as well. Your tricep really came out and it looks like your chest got a little bit more size on it.

I agree with others on the legs but even those are looking pretty good. Overall, awesome job!!

JustinASU
06-05-2003, 07:13 AM
Amazing job man. HUGE improvement from before shots. You should be proud! :thumbup:

SoulOfKoRea
06-05-2003, 07:15 AM
looks like you and ElPietro have a good competition going on here, looking good Cal!

ElPietro
06-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Good job mang. Looks like the comp was of benefit for both of us.

Looks like most of your weight came off the top, as it doesn't look like too big a difference on the legs.

BennettBoy
06-05-2003, 07:22 AM
Good night Cal.....you have done a magnificent job of cutting bro! Congrats and when you get to 190, post a few more to let us see how that looks. You and El Pietro have done great!!!

Relentless
06-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
i agree, looking good man.

do you have any before pics? or at least lemme know where they are in your journal ;)

the first 4 pics in the thread CONTAIN the before pics as insets... the 'before' is the pasty/fat version, the after is the darker, leaner version

do try to pay attention. :D

--

heathj: I was gonna shave but then I decided that that wasn't a fair comparison... I wanted 'apples to apples'... as it is, I'm gettin' waxed this weekend though (summer approaches). But it's just hair.

eric: thanks for the kind words. The weird thing is that my legs are MUCH stronger, proportionally, than my upper body. YOu're right that I seem leaner on the back, but I also can now see my ribs poking thru on both sides, which is a new thing for me. I think the front-leg pic shows some of the size fairly well. They're not SKINNY legs by any stretch... but I'm definitely no quadzilla.

HY: Thanks mate! Yeah, I'm really pleased with the progress my triceps have made; I swear my arms areactually bigger as well as leaner. I'm a bit worried that the tris are overpowering my bis but I'm working hard to get the biceps catching up. The best thing with the side chest is that the chest is a bit bigger but is also leaner... a bunch of the size before was just flab.

Herc
06-05-2003, 08:37 AM
Cal,

Great job man!

Looking much better. Isn't it amazing how you can convince yourself that those extra lipids ate actually LBM...

:thumbup:

Relentless
06-05-2003, 08:42 AM
thanks herc,

yeah, self-delusion is a terrible habit

Wikked1
06-05-2003, 08:49 AM
AWESOME progress man.......that's impressive as hell and like ELP's pictures the one that really defines it best is the b4 and after lat shot.....bye bye love handles.......that's really just great progress....both you guys made awesome improvements but you got my vote. What's your height?

Relentless
06-05-2003, 08:52 AM
thanks for the kind words, wikked1

I'm 6'1"

Relentless
06-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
Good night Cal.....you have done a magnificent job of cutting bro! Congrats and when you get to 190, post a few more to let us see how that looks. You and El Pietro have done great!!!

Thanks Craig

I still feel pretty obese, especially after looking at your contest pix, but I know I've made a lot of movement in the right direction and I will definitely post to show what the light side of 190 looks like on me

Bam Bam
06-05-2003, 09:40 AM
DAMN Cal your progress is inspiring same with peitro the pics really show the difference

Relentless
06-05-2003, 09:59 AM
thank ya scott!

I could've said the same of your pix, both the progress ones and the 'battle scars' ones... reading about your fights makes me want to take up boxing or something (I'm too wussy to do anything bareknuckle, I'm sure!)

BCC
06-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
You're looking much leaner especially from the back.

:eek: Run Callahan!!

Looking MUCH, MUCH leaner. Leg's could use a little work as far as hamstrings go, but I think your quads look pretty good from the front. But overall, great improvements you've made.

Relentless
06-05-2003, 11:30 AM
thanks chase

any special recommendations for the hamstring work?

Reinier
06-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Great improvement.
What bf% do you think hes at in the after pics?
good lats...

work on them hams... just as i need to

Relentless
06-05-2003, 12:34 PM
forgot to post this one before... also got a front double bi... I look forward to the time when my pecs don't disappear into my chest when I do this pose

In the meantime, I think the front delts look ok in this pic.

mr_hand
06-05-2003, 12:49 PM
How come I do not see these pics????
WTF

Relentless
06-05-2003, 12:59 PM
mr_hand: I reposted with brighter pix and it's waiting on a mod that's authorized on this forum to approve them.

chris mason
06-06-2003, 01:01 PM
I think your upper back and shoulder structure looks very good. You triceps are also a strong point. You have certainly lost an appreciable amount of fat without losing much muscle in the process (at least judging by the pictures).

Relentless
06-06-2003, 01:18 PM
thanks for the comments, chris. I appreciate it!
I know pecs can use a lot of work, and others have commented on the ol 'hammies lagging. Anything else in particular that looks like it needs to catch up?

Reinier
06-06-2003, 05:03 PM
bf%?

Relentless
06-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Reinier
bf%?

**** man, i dunno... your guess is as good as mine

more than 10, less than 20. :)

havent' had it tested

chris mason
06-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Not really Callahan, just general all around addition of musculature. I don't think your legs are all that weak, it is just that you seem to have particularly wide shoulders.

Relentless
06-06-2003, 06:06 PM
a friend tells me that he skinfold measured at 14% yesterday and he couldn't see ribs

so it's possible I'm sub-14%. :D

Relentless
06-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
I don't think your legs are all that weak, it is just that you seem to have particularly wide shoulders.

LOL!

Thanks! Well I guess that's not a bad problem to have then. :D

Franjipani
06-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
and the last pic for which I have a good 'comparison' shot, the side chest pose...

Ohh errr I say, this one is my favourite:D.

Comparisons certainly are fabulous !!! Looking very sexy Cal.... :angel:

carolinagirl
06-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Very nice. Very nice.

I don't see anything wrong with your quads - they're not freaky big, but they're not chickenish by any stretch. And I agree with Chris - you look like you have a wide shoulder structure and ribcage, which may make your legs look smaller in comparison.

You done good. (And there's nothing wrong with a little manly hair. As long as it's not on the back, that is.)

Relentless
06-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Franjipani

Ohh errr I say, this one is my favourite:D.

Comparisons certainly are fabulous !!! Looking very sexy Cal.... :angel:

thanks Frannie!

:redface:

Relentless
06-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
Very nice. Very nice.

I don't see anything wrong with your quads - they're not freaky big, but they're not chickenish by any stretch. And I agree with Chris - you look like you have a wide shoulder structure and ribcage, which may make your legs look smaller in comparison.

You done good. (And there's nothing wrong with a little manly hair. As long as it's not on the back, that is.)

Thanks for the comments, cgirl. :) I appreciate the defense of my quads... yeah, they're not THAT small (measured 23" yesterday) and they may be suffering simply by comparison.

No worries about back hair. :) I'm also a believer that that is not a proper place to be sporting hair...

heathj
06-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Yeah I'd give you about 13-14% :)

rookiebldr
06-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Great transformation there Callahan. I didn't see you prior to the contest but after seeing the results in person, these pictures just do not do justice to your size. Those arms were very big, esp. after those barbell curls.

Relentless
06-09-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by rookiebldr
Great transformation there Callahan. I didn't see you prior to the contest but after seeing the results in person, these pictures just do not do justice to your size. Those arms were very big, esp. after those barbell curls.

thanks rook!
I think the side tri pose makes the ol' arms look alright but the angle wasn't the best on the front dbl bi

ah well. :) Dunno about 'very big'; I remeasured them on the weekend and I'm down to 16" from when I started in march at 17". :) Guess a bunch of that circumference was just fat.

Delphi
06-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Looking very good. You have one huge ribcage, BTW. If you ever mastered the old-fashioned vacuum pose that would look awesome.

Relentless
06-11-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Delphi
Looking very good. You have one huge ribcage, BTW. If you ever mastered the old-fashioned vacuum pose that would look awesome.

LOL! Thanks!

I can use that as a pickup line if I ever become single again.

"Hey baby... wanna check out my huge...... ribcage?"

I need to drop a bit more BF before the vacuum pose will work, but yeah. I tried the 'Bodyflex' breathing exercises a while back and as a result I can do vacuums pretty well.