PDA

View Full Version : Jumping on the natural PB bandwagon!

Scott S
06-06-2003, 04:43 PM
So I checked the local grocery store last night to see if they had any of this. (Decorah isn't the largest of small towns.) To my surprise, they had several different brands of it! I imagine it's the fear of trans-fats that is driving people to try it.

I went with Smucker's, as that seems to be the preference here. The girl at the checkout counter noticed the oil separation and said, "Hmm, that's kind of a suspect container of peanut butter!" I mumbled a very unsatistactory explanation of what it was and went home.

Once there, I stirred it up a little and tried some. It was WEIRD at first! The tongue expects it to taste really sweet, and I didn't immediately like it. After it had been in my mouth for a while, I realized that it tasted just like chewed-up peanuts anyway, so it wasn't that weird.

So that's my story. I hardly notice the difference when I make my peanut butter sandwiches, but I think I can almost hear my arteries thanking me...

SoulOfKoRea
06-06-2003, 06:32 PM
well it tastes a lot better after you let it sit in the fridge

Y2A
06-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Youre gonna LOVE this stuff, I just got on the band wagon last week and ooooooooh BABY its the best :D

SquareHead
06-06-2003, 07:29 PM
I am affraid to try it. I have been eating jiff for so long it's like an old friend!

pruneman
06-06-2003, 07:47 PM
I like crazy richard's natty. the chunky is great. So chewy and sticky!

Mic Soloist
06-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Smuckers Natty pnut butter is GREAT!!!!!!!

I eat like 4 TBSP per day

drew
06-06-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by SquareHead
I am affraid to try it. I have been eating jiff for so long it's like an old friend!
I was once like you. But once you go natty, you don't go back. I still have a half jar of Skippy in my cabinet that will probably never get eaten.

SoulOfKoRea
06-07-2003, 09:08 AM
I have reserve natty peanut butter jars in my pantry, about 4 jars :). I go through like a jar a week :(

Mic Soloist
06-07-2003, 10:46 AM
I have been going through 1 a week too....

:)

probably my favorite part of my diet is the natty and jelly or natty and banana....

-peace-

drew
06-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Had my natty with some mango preserves I bought in Hawaii. no sugar added, nothing fake. All good. So tasty. :drooling:

SquareHead
06-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pruneman
I like crazy richard's natty. the chunky is great. So chewy and sticky!
I generally try to stay away from foods made from people who diagnose themselves as "crazy". I don't know just a personal rule of thumb.

unshift
06-07-2003, 08:18 PM
i do 1-1.5 jars a week now of teddie

when i first had it i was like ":( wtf", but after a day or two, i was asking myself "where did it all go?!" :)

rise
06-07-2003, 09:11 PM
trader joe's sells some great natural PB. not sure if they have that kind of store near you :)

JohnnyAutoParts
06-07-2003, 09:52 PM
does anyone else *not* refrigerate this stuff after opening? i hate defying the label but i have been doing it for a year and i am still alive.

drew
06-07-2003, 11:43 PM
I don't refrigerate mine.