PDA

View Full Version : Terrible farts???

Mic Soloist
06-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Lately my farts have been HORRIBLE... I mean like clear the room WTF is that smell horrible. I was wondering if my high protein diet or some other change in my diet may have caused this. I have really noticed it more since I began eating really healthy.

My typical foods are

Protein shakes
Tuna
Chicken
Mayo
Natty pnut butter
bread
Cottage Cheese
Relish
Fish
Brocolli(sometimes)
Carrots(sometimes)

that is the main stuff..... what is causing my horrible farts?

-peace-

Praetorian
06-07-2003, 02:45 PM
yay, protein farts are known to be the shiat!!!

SquareHead
06-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Ya pretty much sounds like you have a nice recipe for farts there man!

Mic Soloist
06-07-2003, 02:56 PM
I mean I've smelled some foul **** in my life....

But latley I have had to leave the room on my own farts. They don't even smell like any other odor I've ever smelled in my life. It's like some breath taking..... end of the world type ****. I'm starting to think my colon is rotting or I ate a dead alien in my sleep.

Plus my stomach is forever unsettled....

I don't know, I feel fine though.

-peace-

SquareHead
06-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist

Protein shakes
Tuna
Chicken
Mayo
Natty pnut butter
bread
Cottage Cheese
Relish
Fish
Brocolli(sometimes)
Carrots(sometimes)
-peace-
Enough said.

Delphi
06-07-2003, 03:07 PM
All you need to add now are crab cakes.

Scott S
06-07-2003, 03:07 PM
My vote is for the broccoli... it's not even good for my breath.

SquareHead
06-07-2003, 03:21 PM
LMAO @ Delphi crab Cakes would just be the last nail in the coffin. At that point you may actually end up rotting.

Mic Soloist
06-07-2003, 03:21 PM
I don't even eat the greens that much. It doesnt seem to matter what I eat.

In the last 48 hours I have had

can of tuna
4 chicken breasts
2 cups oatmeal
bunch of milk
8 Bud Lights
2 or more gallons of H20
3 protein shakes
2 pnut butter w/ jelly sandwiches
half a Reese Cup:)

I think thats it....

-peace-

Praetorian
06-07-2003, 03:37 PM
have some eggs too. they make the best farts!!!!

:)

MrWebb78
06-07-2003, 03:42 PM
protein shakes alone will do the trick....mine smell like eggs even if i havent eaten eggs in a week.

Mic Soloist
06-07-2003, 03:47 PM
I just keep laughing over here...

Even if I was dying of ass hole rotten fever I think I would be laughing about the whole concept.

I'm such a 5th grader.....

My girl hates my new diet

LMAO!!!!

-peace-

MrWebb78
06-07-2003, 03:49 PM
yeah i try to be polite and let em loose in the other room, but they follow me and pollute the whole house anyways....even my cats get a rotten look on their face and leave the room or jump off my lap.

Madd Hatter
06-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
yeah i try to be polite and let em loose in the other room, but they follow me and pollute the whole house anyways....even my cats get a rotten look on their face and leave the room or jump off my lap.

LOL, now that's funny. Yeah I get em bad, but usually at work. I just let em go and nobody ever says anything, hopefully they just assume it was some other customer. I wonder if my co-workers have pegged me yet.

bradley
06-07-2003, 04:23 PM
My bet is on the protein shakes, especially if you are mixing them with milk. If it is making you bloated or becoming painful you might take some kind of OTC product to help with the gas. If it is not really bothering you other than the smell then I guess just let'em rip:D

Stryc-9
06-07-2003, 04:52 PM
I've heard that ginger root helps with the protein farts - aids digestion or something of that sort - (you can even buy it in capsule form - usually wherever you'd normally find vitamins, etc.,)

Mic Soloist
06-07-2003, 04:53 PM
the only other thing that bothers me sometimes is when I lay down or something after I eat my stomach will not shut up.

My girl said it sounded like there was a battle going on in my belly from all the rumbling....

but that isn't very often.

-peace-

SquareHead
06-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Maybe you should (like I think Bradley said) steer clear of the milk products and find a good whey only protein try that for a week or so and see if that helps.

GhettoSmurf
06-07-2003, 05:46 PM
good ol' protein farts. the only thing that gives me those @ times are eggs. and my god it can get funny at times especially @ work. sometimes i acciently let one loose, but its just a silent passing of the gas, and then everyone around me is like "wtf? it smells like rotten eggs"

but actually, ive been having less and less protein farts as of late.

rise
06-07-2003, 09:10 PM
try to do #2 more often :)

kazzy
06-08-2003, 10:06 AM
beano should be your new best friend :D

- Kaz

manowar669
06-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Get used to it. Protein makes some nasty smelling gas, especially egg whites for me, but also whey (probably cottage cheese too, since I eat a lot of that too). The reason you are gonna need all those muscles is so you can defend yourself when you say that those nasty @ss smells did not come from you, and someone else said it did.

Delphi
06-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SquareHead
LMAO @ Delphi crab Cakes would just be the last nail in the coffin. At that point you may actually end up rotting.

If you haven't seen Love Stinks with French Stewart I strongly suggest renting it. There's a scene in the middle of it along these lines that will bring tears to your eyes.

:fart:

RG570
06-08-2003, 10:52 PM
even at (sometimes) over 400 grams of protein a day, i have never gotten protein farts, or an upset stomache.
I feel really left out. :(

rise
06-08-2003, 10:59 PM
my keto breath is pretty bad i hear :D :D

PeterParker
06-09-2003, 12:08 AM
peppermint is meant to help with bloatedness .

-TIM-
06-09-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Centaurion
have some eggs too. they make the best farts!!!!

Yeah, I was surprised that those weren't in his list. Add eggs and he'll be making people's eyes water. :cry:

Scott S
06-09-2003, 08:45 AM
It's interesting... my girlfriend noticed that my farts became WAY less offensive when I did Atkins. And that was when I was eating dozens of eggs and lots of meat and cheese! Go figure! :D

AlexBBbegginer
06-09-2003, 12:21 PM
i had exactly the same problem when i drank milk and also protein shakes, i found out i was lactose intolerant.
Mainly cos i got bloated (even without whey protien) when i drank a pint of milk, i also felt mega drowsy and often got headaches (short 1's). Id seriously check to see if your intolerant, all my bloated, gassy, headaches, drowsiness went as soon as i stopped drinking milk.
Interestingly when i had 500g of yoghurt (cheap protein) i bloated up and got all my old symptoms back. So i quit yoghurt too, im ok with eggs tho which is lucky for me or else id be really stuffed for good protein.

Also, my body count was 18 (7 in one go, in an elevator):fart:

ZLX
06-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by rise
my keto breath is pretty bad i hear :D :D

yeah - protein breath can get pretty rotten too. My wife usually lets me know it too. hehe

Ferdo
06-11-2003, 07:09 AM
People dont realize that vegatables can be worse then protein for GAs. Broccolli is bad, carrots, sweet peppers all at the raw state. Can stay in your system for 2 days. Also causes that battle in the stomach.

Dr of Golf
06-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Try adding some LIVER TABS to your diet. That will REALLY punch them up a notch. :D :D :D

Big Steve
06-12-2003, 08:40 PM
yea...usually high protein diets cause that