PDA

View Full Version : My Strength and Size Journal

Hercule
06-07-2003, 05:48 PM
After powerlifting for the past year, I have decided to try some Bodybuilding. I am going to give this a fair chance, and see where things go after a few months. Here are some stats and measurements:

Height- 5'10"
Weight- 225lbs

Neck- 17"
Shoulders- 52"
Chest- 43"
Upper Arm- 16.5"
Forearm- 12"
Waist- 41"
Quads- 26.5"
Calves- 17"

1RM Maxes-
Bench Press- 285
Deadlift- 420
Squat- 365

My goals are to drop a lot of BF, I am not really all that fat, I just have a really large bone structure. By Jan. 2004 I would like for my Bench Press to be in the mid 300's, squat mid 400's, and deadlift in the mid 500's.

Here is my routine:

Monday- Deadlift/Shoulders/Traps
Wednesday- Chest/Triceps
Friday- Legs
Saturday- Back/Biceps

I will try to start working out on Monday, but it will more than likely be without deadlifts. I pulled a muscle badly doing some SLDL's yesterday. It feels better today, and I am going to force myself to workout anyway(tuttut) since I will have to take the following week off for church camp. Wish me luck!

Ryan

ChrisH
06-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Good luck, you're up to 225 at 15 years old. I hate you :D Im now going to promise myself to start eating more so I can get up toa respectable size for my age :p

Beast... :P

Hercule
06-07-2003, 06:24 PM
LoL. I guess I am pretty big for my age, heh. Just eat tons and tons of food and you'll catch up to me.

Saint Patrick
06-07-2003, 08:35 PM
:spam: Congrats on starting a journal Hercule.

Let's see some pics of this 15-year-old boy wonder I keep hearing about......

Hercule
06-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Thanks a lot for the post man. Haha, 15 year old boy wonder, not yet:). I will have some pics up in the next few weeks. First, I want to drop a little BF and get a nice tan before I show off my amazing body. I just ended my bulk a couple of weeks ago, so I have ZERO definition anywhere.

Hercule
06-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Update- Good news! My back is a million times better today. I don't know how it healed so fast. When I injured my back a year ago, I was in a LOT of pain for a couple of weeks. Now, two days later, I feel VERY little pain unless I move the wrong way. Shoulders are a definite tommorow, but the deadlifts are still doubtful...although some light ones may be useful for rehab.

Ryan

RG570
06-08-2003, 01:11 PM
be careful dude, its really easy to irritate an old injury, even if it feels better. I would lay off the heavy lifting for a while and just take it easy. Besides, when is the last time you took a week or two off?

Hercule
06-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Don't worry man, I am going to use a lot of caution. I probably won't do any squats or deadlifts this next week, then the 16-20th I am going to church camp, and that will be a whole week off. I don't plan on reinjuring myself. I will just keep it iced and heated. Thanks for the post man.

GhettoSmurf
06-08-2003, 01:51 PM
good luck with the new journal bro!

i'd love to see some pics of you as well :)

Hercule
06-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Much thanks bro. I will have pics up within the next month.

NateDogg
06-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Good luck with your new goals...and of course... :spam:

Hercule
06-08-2003, 03:34 PM
LoL, thanks Natedogg.

Man, I didn't expect to acutally have any responses in this journal, Lol. Thanks for the support guys.

Hercule
06-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Deadlifts/Shoulders

No deadlifts today. For some reason, my back was hurting pretty bad, more tender than yesterday. So just shoulders today.

BB Shrugs-
135X30
225X15 (3)
135X25

Ouchies. My traps were burning pretty bad. The weight is kind of low, but I wanted to make sure I got a full ROM on every rep. I went up to 315, but yep, my gay little injured back started screaming. I am sure they will be quite sore tommorow, seeing as how no direct trap work has been done in a few months.

Standing OH Press-
135X5 *
115X8 (4)

Ouwies! These burnt too. Weight was way too light, but I just increased the sets to get a good workout.
* On this set, everything was going great, but I leaned back a little too far on the 5th rep, and tweaked my back.

Lateral Raises-
20'sX8 (3)

Good sets here. There is no excuse for the low weight, other than I am weak:(. I will really concentrate on my side delts to get them stronger than this.

Bentover laterals-
25'sX6 (3)

Bleh. My shoulders were gone by this point. Nothing that exciting.

Not really my greatest workout ever. Poundages really suffered because I didn't want to aggravate my gay little torn back muscle. Damn thing is going to have to get better, no mercy from me:D.

General

Sleep- 10hrs.

Diet- Eh, not necesarrily great.

I got my Report Card for the year today. There is a mistake however, it says I have an 88 in speech, which is impossible, because i have every paper from the last 6 weeks period and the lowest grade i have is a 95. My overall average for all 6 classes for teh year, is a 98.4, so i am pretty happy. My back is still not better. I will just continue working out, but avoiding exercises that will aggrivate it. My girlfriend is at a church camp, so I am kindly lonely. I am going to church camp next week, and I DO NOT want to go. Oh well, I don't really have a choice.

Ryan

AdamGberg
06-09-2003, 05:46 PM
...i am jealous....that is all....keep up the good work bro. :spam:

Hercule
06-09-2003, 06:28 PM
LoL, today's workout session was nothing to be jealous of. Thanks anyway though. Expect a LOT more when my back heals.

AdamGberg
06-10-2003, 02:04 PM
not your workout, just the stuff in your signature....just amazing for you age.