PDA

View Full Version : Gatorade & Nutrament sport drinks

IILaRockII
06-07-2003, 07:15 PM
What's the word on Gatorade/Powerade/Nutrament.

I really wanna ditch soda all together and ditch fast foods.

How much of these drinks can I drink a day?

Nutrament has almost 35 grams of protein but it is kinda fatty and we all know waht Gatorade is.

So how much can my body take?

GhettoSmurf
06-07-2003, 07:52 PM
wel, i usually just drink water or crystal light. ive also been drinking a lot of green tea lately.

as for how much you could drink... IMO gatorade is empty calories, but you could drink as much as you want, as long as you adjust your diet accordingly

rise
06-07-2003, 09:12 PM
i read somewhere that flat coke has the same amount of electrolytes and stuff as gatorade...i would stick with just water.

JohnnyAutoParts
06-07-2003, 09:50 PM
I have given up soda for almost 2 years now. I usually stay away from the Gatorade-type drinks unless I find myself under one of the following two circumstances:

1. I have no other source of post-workout carbs

2. I have no other choice of what to drink with my meal

However, it has been almost a year since I found myself in any of the above situations. Yeah, drink water...an occasional deviation won't hurt you.

Mic Soloist
06-08-2003, 02:35 AM
I drink Powerade when I have a game and I am feeling weak. Don't doubt Powerade. It always gives me a good boost of energy while playing ball.

-peace-

GhettoSmurf
06-08-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
I drink Powerade when I have a game and I am feeling weak. Don't doubt Powerade. It always gives me a good boost of energy while playing ball.

-peace-

that's becuase its sugar :rolleyes: