PDA

View Full Version : revised weight loss diet -- please help!

unshift
06-07-2003, 08:59 PM
how's this look for a (revised) diet if im trying to drop a ****load of weight and gain core strength and muscle?

Meal 1, 07:15am:
- 1/2 cup cheerios
- 1 bannana

work out, 7:30-9:30

Meal 2, 09:30am POST-WORKOUT:
- 45g whey
- 1 packet oatmeal

Meal 3, 12:00pm:
- salad

maybe some carrot sticks in between to reduce hunger

Meal 4, 03:00pm:
- turkey sandwich or 45g whey
- natural PB sandwich
- carrot sticks (to reduce hunger)

Meal 5, 06:00pm:
- steak/chicken family dinner

Meal 6, 09:30pm:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheerios
- 1 piece of toast with natural PB

im 280lbs of overweight mess currently, i think without my fat i'd be between 180-200lbs, so im using that as my calorie guess. i want ~2000 cals/day hoping to lose 2-3lbs/week (more if possible, see fat burner question below)

heres my routine:

monday - chest/triceps, 10-15 min HIIT
tuesday - back/biceps, 10-15 min HIIT
wednesday - rest
thursday - shoulders/traps/abs, 10-15 min HIIT
friday - legs
saturday - cheat day (trying to keep it moderate... bagels for breakfast, chicken parm for lunch, decent dinner, ice cream treat at night)
sunday - rest (should i add HIIT?)

im trying to get my metabolism way up to burn fat and eat plenty of protein to build muscle. im also considering adding a fat burner supplement (need to read into these first, though) to speed up the process, if this would be a healthy way to lose even more fat but keep LBM.

any comments/suggestions/etc?

GhettoSmurf
06-07-2003, 09:05 PM
meal 1- more protein

meal 3- whats in the salad?

post-workout- switch the oats to a higher GI carb like dextrose or maltodextrine

meal 6- drop the toast and cheerios

also, are you sure your eating enough calories for your size?

bradley
06-08-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by unshift

Meal 1, 07:15am:
- 1/2 cup cheerios
- 1 bannana

I would add some sort of easily digestable protein, maybe about 15g of whey mixed in a small amount of water. You don't want this meal to be too large because that could lead to stomach problems during your workout.

Meal 2, 09:30am POST-WORKOUT:
- 45g whey
- 1 packet oatmeal

You need more carbs than 1 packet of oatmeal postworkout. I think high GI carbs like dextrose or maltodextrin would be the way to go. I would shoot for at least 50g of carbs postworkout and you could decrease the amount of protein if you wanted to help keep calories under control.

Meal 3, 12:00pm:
- salad

This meal should include some sort of protein so hopefully you are referring to a grilled chicken salad or something like that:) Also you could add a little olive oil to the salad to get some healthy fats as well.

Meal 4, 03:00pm:
- turkey sandwich or 45g whey
- natural PB sandwich
- carrot sticks (to reduce hunger)

The addition of some fibrous veggies that are lower on the GI index might help with hunger more than carrot sticks. Maybe some brocolli, green beans, cauliflower, etc.

I would also recommend adding in some source of omega 3 fatty acids. Getting about 25-30% of your cals from fat should help in making sure that you are getting enough EFAs in your diet.

im 280lbs of overweight mess currently, i think without my fat i'd be between 180-200lbs, so im using that as my calorie guess. i want ~2000 cals/day hoping to lose 2-3lbs/week (more if possible, see fat burner question below)

I think 2000 cals might be a bit low for you at your current level of activity. I do think it is possible for you to lose 1-2lbs. per week but I think any more than 2 and you could be setting yourself up for LBM losses. The higher the bf level the more you will be able to lose each week.
heres my routine:

monday - chest/triceps, 10-15 min HIIT
tuesday - back/biceps, 10-15 min HIIT
wednesday - rest
thursday - shoulders/traps/abs, 10-15 min HIIT
friday - legs
saturday - cheat day (trying to keep it moderate... bagels for breakfast, chicken parm for lunch, decent dinner, ice cream treat at night)
sunday - rest (should i add HIIT?)

If possible I would recommend splitting up the cardio and the weight sessions. That is a lot of HIIT training, so I would be careful not to overtrain your legs. You could add some cardio on Sunday if you wanted and it does not necessarily have to be HIIT. You could go with some moderate intensity cardio if you wanted just for a little different variety.

im trying to get my metabolism way up to burn fat and eat plenty of protein to build muscle. im also considering adding a fat burner supplement (need to read into these first, though) to speed up the process, if this would be a healthy way to lose even more fat but keep LBM.

Eating more protein is not going to mean you build more muscle. Just make sure you are taking in approximately 1g of protein per lb. of bodyweight.

Once you get your diet and training in order then the addition of a fat burner could help.