PDA

View Full Version : Dropped over 10bs. Fat is still present

Ferry Costen
06-08-2003, 08:26 PM
I was 205lbs (not naked) a few months ago. I'm 6'2 by the way. I decided to cut since I had gained a bit of a gut and love handles. My cheeks also got bigger and thats what bothered me the most.

I started cardio (been doing it for about a month?) and cutting (for about a month too). I'm 192lbs as of last Friday (not naked). While I havent lost any strength, I haven't lost any fat either it seems. I've been eating right. Yet my face, gut, and love handles still look the same :cry:

I want to lose the little bit of fat I gained in my chin and face. I absolutely hate it. When I was 175lbs (last year), it wasn't there. Does that mean I have to be 175lbs again??? I do not want to drop below 180. What will it take to get rid of this fat. I fear I may have to turn to liposuction...any advice..inspiring words...HELP! :help:

How do I know my body chemistry hasnt changed or something since last year?? What if the fat I gained in my face is here to stay!?! But I guess that doesnt make much sense since I still have the fat in my gut and love handles.

bryancore
06-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Why don't you wanna drop below 180?

Ferry Costen
06-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by bryancore
Why don't you wanna drop below 180?

If I have to, I think I will. I was just so damn skinny when I was 170lbish. Should I aim for 180lbs and try to hold on to muscle? I look skinny now...I'm 6'2 btw

teeblair30
06-08-2003, 08:41 PM
You cannot select certain areas of the body and just hope fat decreases from there... I wish u could, but u cannot.. If i were u I would get down to 175lbs . You say u look really skinny..then after you hit 175 I would start eating alot of protein and lift some heavy weights...

Ferry Costen
06-08-2003, 09:11 PM
ALso, how come some people can gain a big "beer belly" type gut and still not gain fat in the face? My friend got a gut over the year way bigger than mine. But didnt gain an ounce of fat anywhere else....anyway, anymore comments on my original post?
Thx for the current responses guys

bradley
06-09-2003, 02:39 AM
If you have lost 10lbs. in a month then that is losing the weight at a pretty fast rate. Have you thought about maybe slowing down the weight loss to about 1lb. per week which should help in minimizing LBM losses? Also if you have cut your calories too low then your metabolism could have possibly slowed down as well. What is your current calorie intake and bf%?

Some people have a harder time than others losing that last little bit of abdominal/lower back fat so just keep with it. There is no way to determine how far you will have to diet down to lose the chubby cheeks so just take it slow and eventually they will lean out.

ALso, how come some people can gain a big "beer belly" type gut and still not gain fat in the face? My friend got a gut over the year way bigger than mine. But didnt gain an ounce of fat anywhere else....anyway, anymore comments on my original post?

I would say the main factor is genetics although I have also read that some older men develop a "beer belly" due to a decrease in the testosterone/estrogen ratio. I doubt this would be the case with your friend, if he is a younger guy.

Ferry Costen
06-09-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm just very frustrated that the fat in the mid section and neck/face area isnt gone. What do I have to do!!!! It's very depressing..

bradley
06-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Ferry Costen
I'm just very frustrated that the fat in the mid section and neck/face area isnt gone. What do I have to do!!!! It's very depressing..

Just concentrate on reducing your overall bf levels and the fat will eventually go away. You have only been at it a few months and abdominal lower back fat is usually some of the last to go.