PDA

View Full Version : sandwiches....bad?

Gettingthere
06-09-2003, 12:00 AM
Whever i eat a sandwich.....light wheat bread and turkey i always feel very fat after, no matter how small the sandwich is.

Ive heard that sandwiches aren't at the top of a bodybuilders list....why is that? :confused:

AdamGberg
06-09-2003, 12:23 AM
did some one say tuna on whole wheat bread is bad? please find that person and kick them in the shin. and pretty much everything is ok in bodybuilding and in your everyday lifting if it is kept in moderation. even, dare if i say, some beer drinking http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif

-TIM-
06-09-2003, 12:30 AM
Some foods I consider empty fillers. Bread is one of them for myself. It can fill you up quickly without adding much in the way of nutrition. I never eat rolls when at a buffet 'cause there's so much meat and dairy to be had : ). And with body building it's so important that whatever you're putting in your body is primo. So if a certain food is leaving you feeling bad after, then I'd stay away from having too much of it.

bradley
06-09-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Gettingthere
Whever i eat a sandwich.....light wheat bread and turkey i always feel very fat after, no matter how small the sandwich is.

Ive heard that sandwiches aren't at the top of a bodybuilders list....why is that? :confused:

Sandwiches are fine IMO and provide a convenient way to take food with you on the go. Just make your sandwich on ww bread and put whatever you like on it. I think there are better choices than light wheat bread though, which I believe is just made from enriched wheat flour. Stick to bread that has stone ground wheat flour or whole wheat flour as the first ingredient.

If eating sandwiches makes you feel bloated then you can find another alternative but they are not "bad." Some people do not tolerate wheat products very well which could be the problem.

GhettoSmurf
06-09-2003, 04:43 AM
i agree, sandwiches are fine. they are one of the foods that really help me get through the school year. much better then the crap they serve @ school.

SoulOfKoRea
06-09-2003, 06:52 AM
I have like 3-4 sandwiches a day :), I'm cutting too....

nifty ehh?

GhettoSmurf
06-09-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea

nifty ehh?

you rebel! ;)

clvmike19
06-09-2003, 08:24 AM
mmmmmm tuna sandwich :drooling:

body
06-09-2003, 01:52 PM
i virtually live off sandwiches.

tim - why is bread a empty filler? why is is lacking nutritional so much?

MrWebb78
06-09-2003, 01:56 PM
roast beef sammiches are the sh!t

AdamGberg
06-09-2003, 01:56 PM
whole wheat bread is good stuff nutritionally...around 5g of protein give or take a few...

TheGimp
06-09-2003, 02:02 PM

:withstupi

Natty peanut butter on ww bread for me ;)

TiGeR AK
06-09-2003, 03:29 PM

nifty ehh?

i can't believe you are CUTTING. wut do u want to cut down to.. bones??

i've seen your pics, and let's just say that some SERIOUS bulking is in order.

SoulOfKoRea
06-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by TiGeR AK

i can't believe you are CUTTING. wut do u want to cut down to.. bones??

i've seen your pics, and let's just say that some SERIOUS bulking is in order.

tuttut I have my priorities straight, I'm still gaining muscle, and losing fat, it's just a slow process since I'm only under about 200-300 calories from maintenance. I'm planning on bulking during next semester of high school, but it's nice to be the freakishly ripped guy at the pool. Those pics don't do me justice!:cry: They were taken from kinda far away, I'll have new ones up in about a month.

newbie gains rule!:D

-TIM-
06-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by body
i virtually live off sandwiches.

tim - why is bread a empty filler? why is is lacking nutritional so much?

I should refraise that Body. Bread isn't empty but for me it's a filler. Grains are neccessary and bread isn't bad for you, but when I have bread it fills me up to where I sometimes don't have room for foods that are going to benifit my body better. I guess my point is for Gettingthere is that, if bread or sandwhiches are filling you up too quickly then I wouldn't over-do them.

Oh and, I'm eating toast as I type this :p