PDA

View Full Version : Smuckers All natural pb

Ferry Costen
06-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Is this really better than other pb. I eat Jiff honey roasted PB (crunchy) I was in walmart with smuckers natty pb in my hand, but it has more fat then my jiff! (16grams vs Jiff's 14grams). Why is it better? Really wanna know since I've heard so many good things about it.

MrWebb78
06-09-2003, 01:35 PM
the fat in natty pb is damn near all healthy essential fats.

in processed pb...like jiff, or skippy, there are lots of trans fatty acids. which is bad stuff.

Y2A
06-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Theres added sugar in your Jif as well (especially honey roasted). Natty PB actually is more addicting (as I just found out) after you have it a couple times :D

raniali
06-09-2003, 02:34 PM
**now taking bets on the number of natty pb threads we can start in one month**

Y2A
06-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Fenbay
ali....peanut butter......

My theory is alive and well :D

raniali
06-09-2003, 02:38 PM
**and calculating the odds that each of these threads will subsequently deteriorate to sexual innuedos. presently, it's 100:1.**

Y2A
06-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Raniali already knows she's sexy, you dont have to keep reminding her :D ;)

raniali
06-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Fenbay
It's creamy, tastes good in its own unique kinda way, its fun to swirl your finger all around it and lick on it.

Hell, I think I'm gonna go have me some right now!

need i say more?

and, please note, i only made my comment AFTER you posted your first degenerative post.

Fenbay
06-09-2003, 03:28 PM
My most gracious apologies for my feeble attempt at humor.

Ferry Costen
06-09-2003, 04:06 PM
wow. this thread isnt even about pb anymore... I think I will buy some. What the hell am I going to do with my peterpan? I Just bought it. Thought it was jiff, it's peterpan

drew
06-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Got a dog? Give it to your dog.

bradley
06-09-2003, 04:37 PM
http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2001/010612.htm

I eat natural peanut butter myself, but I do find the above article interesting. It has been posted before but I thought I would try and bring the thread back on track:D

heathj
06-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Ferry Costen
wow. this thread isnt even about pb anymore... I think I will buy some. What the hell am I going to do with my peterpan? I Just bought it. Thought it was jiff, it's peterpan

So yeah...just eat it.

Bradley, so then the main difference between peanut butters is probably just salt content, mainly?

SoulOfKoRea
06-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by raniali
**now taking bets on the number of natty pb threads we can start in one month**

10 lbs. of whey protein on 10 new threads.

bradley
06-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by heathj

Bradley, so then the main difference between peanut butters is probably just salt content, mainly?

The brands like Jiff and Peter Pan usually have added sugar as well. I still try to avoid products that contain partially hydrogenated oils but I don't think switching from Jif to natural will make that big of a difference in the grand scheme of things (as far as trans-fats are concerned). Although I think natural tastes better.:)

GhettoSmurf
06-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by bradley

The brands like Jiff and Peter Pan usually have added sugar as well. I still try to avoid products that contain partially hydrogenated oils but I don't think switching from Jif to natural will make that big of a difference in the grand scheme of things (as far as trans-fats are concerned). Although I think natural tastes better.:)

i agree, when i switched i didnt notice a difference at all. now then again, i was never a really big PB eater in the first place. maybe thats why i cant really tell the diff.

BobbyRS
06-10-2003, 06:30 AM
http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2001/010612.htm

I eat natural peanut butter myself, but I do find the above article interesting. It has been posted before but I thought I would try and bring the thread back on track

Hmm, nice link;)

Ferry Costen
06-10-2003, 01:42 PM
Went out and bought some Smuckers Natural PB . JESUS CHRIST. :drooling:
I'm already addicted. Taste like mama bird chewed up peanuts and spat them into my mouth! yummy

Scott S
06-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Ferry Costen
Taste like mama bird chewed up peanuts and spat them into my mouth! yummy

Wow... that was gross and heartwarming all at once. Amazing.