PDA

View Full Version : Perfect diet?? yeeeeeah...

mindburnt
06-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Apparently, everything we read contadicts the other. Everything I read, anyway. So I read that fruits and vegetables are the preferred source of carbs, but then another source says they're bad. Fruit=too much sugar! vegetables=carrots have sugar! Whole grain bread=interferes with protein digestion. milk=8 grams of casein protein, but has lactose (sugar) "bad" I could go on. WHAT THE HELL IS THE PERFECT DIET ANYWAY??? My goal is to stay lean and live a real long life. Is this possible nowdays? If there is such thing as a "Perfect diet" post it!! If not, then whats the best for just staying lean and healthy for life along with getting results from lifting/exercising? not superfast 10 pounds of muscle a week results, but just RESULTS period. Im not trying to be a ronny coleman or dorian yates, but im just a confused athlete who wants to keep performing better and better and get a stronger, leaner body while keeping off fat. The more articles i read, the more convinced i am that I should be in a damn testtube, and that successful bodybuilders really are!

Paul Stagg
06-09-2003, 03:06 PM
There isn't a one size fits all 'perfect' diet.

Isaac Wilkins
06-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Probably you're looking for a diet that has a lot of fruits and vegetables (phytochemicals, anti-oxidents, etc). Moderate protein (quality protein), and moderate fat, coming mostly from EFA's would be the other sides of it.

Caloric level would be around maintenence, or very slightly above if you're looking to gain a small amount of muscle mass.

Basically, eat cleanly, and mostly natural, unprocessed foods. Keep calorie levels down.

Based on some current studies (still being debated) a lower calorie diet will help you live a bit longer. There will be less free radicals, and your metabolism will be slowed.

I personally feel that I'll be happier and healthier at a larger, more muscular size. For me, quality of life is more important than simply living a long time. So I will continue to eat to grow larger, and I'll eat some things that I really like on occasion.

Isaac Wilkins
06-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
There isn't a one size fits all 'perfect' diet.

Amen.

GhettoSmurf
06-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Borris

Amen.

agreed, everyone is different bro.