PDA

View Full Version : Please guess my bf%

Saint Patrick
06-09-2003, 08:59 PM
I Bought some calipers today, and my bf% seemed a little off.

My measurements were:

Chest - 10mm
Abdomen - 12mm
Thigh - 11mm
Bicep - 4mm
Tricep - 5mm

Please tell me what you think my body fat is.

http://home.attbi.com/~gymrat79/juneabs1.jpg

http://home.attbi.com/~gymrat79/juneabs2.jpg

http://home.attbi.com/~gymrat79/juneabs3.jpg

Thanks all.

Fenbay
06-09-2003, 09:35 PM
~10% looks bout right to me. With your abs showing that well I'd say it has to be no higher than 10 unless you are a genetic freak and store fat in places almost all males don't.

AstronautJones
06-09-2003, 09:38 PM
I'd say around 12-14%. Looking great regardless though man. Excellent progress!

heathj
06-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Damn, looking good. Quite the thick midsection you got there. I like it. I'd guess 9-10%.

Alex.V
06-09-2003, 10:26 PM
I'd say 12-14% as well. Hard to say without seeing the lower body, though.

RG570
06-09-2003, 10:32 PM
11 or 12, looking very good patty!

GhettoSmurf
06-10-2003, 05:18 AM
i'd say 11% or so. looking very good IMO

The_Brick
06-10-2003, 05:48 AM
11%.
Cool abs and lats. I know you didn't ask for constructive criticism but id say your chest is lagging a tad.

rayk1029
06-10-2003, 06:07 AM
Based on the calculator on exrx.net with your 3 site measurements, age and weight, it says you are 9.2%. which is inline with heathj and Fenbay said.

galileo
06-10-2003, 06:09 AM
That's a mighty large change for one month from this:

http://gymrat79.home.attbi.com/cuttingprogress.jpg

Budiak
06-10-2003, 06:16 AM
With the definition amongst your abs like that I'd say around ten. I would also like to see your legs.

Relentless
06-10-2003, 07:05 AM
9-10%

and what's with your tan... it is darker on your belly than on your chest.... have you been wearing a belly shirt? :D

Black_Curtain
06-10-2003, 07:20 AM
I'd say about 10-11.

Assassinator
06-10-2003, 07:50 AM
More like 9 ....

NO WAY OVER 12 % !

PeterParker
06-10-2003, 07:52 AM
648% bf, now thats a good guess SP. i plucked that from the air.
only joking mate.
from your measurement and photo [ very impressive by the way, congrats on your development ] i would say around 9.8 %

keep up the good work:eek: :clap:

Y2A
06-10-2003, 08:15 AM
10-11 IMO. Man, you look INCREDIBLE compared to those pics from before the cut :eek: Great work!!

bigkevin20
06-10-2003, 08:26 AM
11-12
you look good man, big change form first picture.

Ritzol
06-10-2003, 09:02 AM
You look great.....

what're you using? I don't mean that to be rude or offensive, just curious. I know you were taking animal cuts for awhile and then what....?

Reinier
06-10-2003, 09:02 AM
great improvement

BennettBoy
06-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Yeah that cut is almost unbelievable based on the pics you posted 1 month ago. Very nice job indeed. Let us see full body pics when you get time.

Tryska
06-10-2003, 09:22 AM
it looks liek you are holding a midget with an afro under each arm.

ElPietro
06-10-2003, 09:25 AM
Why did you zoom in only on your abs and most of your pecs? Show a picture full body, bodyfat doesn't just sit on your abs.

chris mason
06-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Look at Gaileo being the b.s. detector now:eek: , lol.

I agree, either the 2nd set of pictures isn't you or the 1st, or none of the above. Which is it?

You know, upon further review, maybe they are. That is one heck of a change for 1 month, what gives?

steveo
06-10-2003, 11:26 AM
O crap St. patty you're being called out.

You need to post another picture showing your Tat or holding up a sign. Those picture are huge difference from your last. Please show us that your not BS'n. You do look awesome.

Silverback
06-10-2003, 11:32 AM
buzzcut anyone? :D j/k

damn you look great man, abs are looking monsterous!!! what kind of ab work are you doing paddy?

Big Show
06-10-2003, 11:44 AM
I can tell that he's used some sort of photo editing tool.The top half is white with freckles and the bottom half is smooth and tanned.

I could be wrong but I don't see how it's possible to have a tanned waist line but a white top half

*EDIT*Plus a change like that even with steroids is unfathomable

Saint Patrick
06-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
I agree, either the 2nd set of pictures isn't you or the 1st, or none of the above. Which is it?

You know, upon further review, maybe they are. That is one heck of a change for 1 month, what gives?

Originally posted by BennettBoy
Yeah that cut is almost unbelievable based on the pics you posted 1 month ago

Originally posted by galileo
That's a mighty large change for one month from this:

http://gymrat79.home.attbi.com/cuttingprogress.jpg

Originally posted by Big Show
I can tell that he's used some sort of photo editing tool.The top half is white with freckles and the bottom half is smooth and tanned.

I could be wrong but I don't see how it's possible to have a tanned waist line but a white top half

*EDIT*Plus a change like that even with steroids is unfathomable

Ron - those are actually blemishes on my chest (acne and scars).

Two words guys, SHAVE and TAN.

(not a very good tan, but a tan nonetheless)

I was kinda amazed how much more definition I have without upper body hair.

The pic from a month ago wasn't at the best angle either, I had my 3-year-old taking the pic.

I'm actually flatterred that you guys are calling BS on me.

I'd be happy to take more pics to prove it's me.

Saint Patrick
06-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Why did you zoom in only on your abs and most of your pecs? Show a picture full body, bodyfat doesn't just sit on your abs.

Originally posted by Belial
Hard to say without seeing the lower body, though.

Originally posted by Budiak
I would also like to see your legs.

I had to take the pics myself cause nobody else was around (I live alone). I'll try to get some full-body pics.

Originally posted by The_Brick
11%.
Cool abs and lats. I know you didn't ask for constructive criticism but id say your chest is lagging a tad.

Thanks for the criticism, I'm gonna focus on chest more when I start bulking again.

Originally posted by Ritzol
You look great.....

what're you using? I don't mean that to be rude or offensive, just curious. I know you were taking animal cuts for awhile and then what....?

I've gone through like 3 cans of animal cuts. I had a 4-week cycle of 1-test in April, but I don't think it helped as much as I thought it would.

I'd have to say my best supplements are discipline, hard work, and dedication.

Tryska
06-10-2003, 12:08 PM
you still haven't explained the midgets with afros.

GonePostal
06-10-2003, 12:12 PM
My brain says that your bsing all of us. But you have been here for a while and are trustworthy... That's one transformation. Dude what ever you are doing... keep doing it and let us in on the secret :P

Saint Patrick
06-10-2003, 12:18 PM
T - what can I say? I have hairy armpits, and haven't gotten around to shaving them yet.

AstronautJones
06-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Lol @ midgets w/afros.

Tryska
06-10-2003, 12:25 PM
you got aroudn to shaving your chest but not your pits? that jsut seems ass backwards. *lol8

i'm kidding. nice abs you got there tho.

Saint Patrick
06-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by GonePostal
My brain says that your bsing all of us. But you have been here for a while and are trustworthy... That's one transformation. Dude what ever you are doing... keep doing it and let us in on the secret :P

Just peep my journal, everything I've done is in there, I've left nothing out.

ALL OF THESE PHOTOS HAVE BEEN UNEDITED. I'LL POST SOME MORE PICS TONIGHT TO PROVE IT'S ME.

WillKuenzel
06-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Big Show

Its possible because now that I've started tanning I'm like that too. My abs have gotten quite a bit tanner but my chest still looks pale in comparison. Its actually pretty funny and I've had a couple people mention it to me. I don't know why its doing it like that but it is. My lower legs are quite a bit darker than my upper legs and my butt has not changed any color at all. Its possible.

Relentless
06-10-2003, 12:50 PM
you should include a sign in the pix mentioning WBB and mocking those that have called you out. :D

i.e. "WBB Rocks! Big Show is a ******!"

:D:D

Silverback
06-10-2003, 12:55 PM
wtf!!!???

i didnt say anything about your chest! i just wanted to know what you were doing for abs?

B to the R

Relentless
06-10-2003, 01:02 PM
easy Big-Ron . . . I think you got confused with Big Show

too many 'big' people around here I guess

funny how "Big" is a popular prefix. Why not "Medium"? :D

Saint Patrick
06-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Callahan's right Ron - got you confused w/ big show. My bad.

Frozenmoses
06-10-2003, 01:28 PM
Patty, you look awesome. Amazing progress man. I have no reason to doubt you, and I've got an 8 week cycle of 1-Test en route to me as we speak. You gotta tell me exactly what you did!

ElPietro
06-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Just for the record I didn't dispute that it's you. It's just that ONLY looking at the abs isn't always best. I know all of us go on cuts, and check our abs everyday in the mirror, but you can have a very successful cut and lose no fat around your waist. So just judging from one area isn't always best.

Your body may need to lose fat around the chest, back, legs etc, before it even starts on your love handles or gut. In this case, obviously you lost a lot around the midsection, but it would be cool to see how much came off the legs or back, etc...

galileo
06-10-2003, 01:51 PM
All I said was that it was a mighty large change. I could tell it was you from the mole on your right oblique. However, I can't tell your means of achieving it from just a picture. ;)

FYI:
170 @ 15% to 165 @ 10% is 9lbs of fat lost and 4lbs of muscle gained. Whatever you did, it worked.

Silverback
06-10-2003, 01:57 PM
sorry if i came off as riled, because i wasnt :)

your looking great anyhow :) keep it up

heathj
06-10-2003, 02:22 PM
You're lying. :p

To get a real measurement of it, take a skinfold measurement of your subscapular(under shoulder blade), suprailiac(above hip bone) and axilla(under armpit, across from nipple) and tell me those measurements...

Saint Patrick
06-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by galileo
All I said was that it was a mighty large change. I could tell it was you from the mole on your right oblique. However, I can't tell your means of achieving it from just a picture. ;)

FYI:
170 @ 15% to 165 @ 10% is 9lbs of fat lost and 4lbs of muscle gained. Whatever you did, it worked.

To be honest, I think I was lower than 15% when I was 170. I was given a lousy test at my gym, and I didn't feel it was accurate, but that's all I had to go by because I didn't have my own calipers.

chris mason
06-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Are you sure it was only hard work and dedication? Was some of that dedication medicinal? I only ask because it is a truly outstanding transformation, one that pushes the limits of what someone can do unassited.

Sinep
06-10-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure this is bullsh*t but I'm still holding up for 'the picture' that will prove us wrong.

Frozenmoses
06-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Are you sure it was only hard work and dedication? Was some of that dedication medicinal? I only ask because it is a truly outstanding transformation, one that pushes the limits of what someone can do unassited.

He said he did a cycle of 1-Test, and I'm willing to bet he probably got a little bit more out of it than he expected.

Saint Patrick
06-10-2003, 11:03 PM

I did 4 weeks of 1-test, followed it up w/ 20 days of 6-oxo and ZMA. That was in april. I'm about to post more pics.