PDA

View Full Version : Cardio at night?

chrisconnell85
06-10-2003, 08:40 AM
I was just wondering if there are any benefits or flaws in doing cardio at night? I have been doing that for four months four times a week for 45 minutes and saw a ton of improvement in my weight (225 pounds to 199).

pusher
06-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Some thoughts:

I've heard that doing cardio increases your metabolism for the rest of the day, so doing it earlier in the day can help burn more calories after the session. It also gives you an energy boost for the rest of the day. When I trained at night, cardio or weights, I had a hard time falling asleep after.

GhettoSmurf
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
when i train late at night i usually have a harder time falling asleep. but IMO if it doesnt affect your sleep, then go for it.

HORNEDFROGS07
06-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Hey, I do my entire workout between 9 to 11 at night, and I have no problem sleeping, just waking up in the morning. So if it works for you, go for it. I seem to get better results in the morning, but doing my workout in the morning is impossible for me.

Behemoth
06-10-2003, 12:54 PM
So what if it increases your metabolism throughout the day or the night. Either way... it still increases it. I don't think there's any set rule that says "now now, no fat burning at night".