PDA

View Full Version : "Need 4 Speed!"

Silverback
06-10-2003, 01:30 PM
'Tight like a Tiger!' is officially caput and a new journal has emerged.

Reason being is that my goals have changed, a successful recovery from a tendonitis injury (knee) has sparked the opportunity to play soccer again.

My goals are to lean out and become a speed freak + hone my footy skills ready for next season. Im currently cutting (starting week 7) and ive lost 10lbs thus far. Im aiming to get down to about 180lbs (shredded) here i feel my body will be in optimal shape for the soccer field.

Over the weeks i will detail my training, weight changes and other goings on, to help me reach my goals and stamp my mark on the game once again.

My routine is as follows:

MON: Sprints & Power training

TUE: Tempo running

WED: Sprints (ACCEL) & Power

THU: Tempo

FRI: Sprints

SAT: Mixed Run and other weights

SUN: REST/ Light Aerobic training

Thats it, hopefully over the coming weeks i will get my body fat in the single digits and get some good times on the track up. I'll keep it pretty short for the first post (dont want to scare people away :D)

B-R

Tryska
06-10-2003, 01:31 PM
may i be the first to :spam:???!?

WillKuenzel
06-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Sweet! New journal. I'll have to keep an eye on your progress to see how things go.

Glad to hear you got everything straightened away and are ready to hit the field again! Good luck with it!

Tank23
06-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Good luck with the new journal mate. Sounds like you're training very hard. Oh, and don't forget to post up some pics when you're shredded ;)

GhettoSmurf
06-11-2003, 04:44 AM
good luck B-R!

:spam: :D

aka23
06-11-2003, 04:57 AM
It should be interesting to see a different style of workouts. Good luck with your goals.

pruneman
06-11-2003, 05:04 AM
Good luck on the new goals. :D

Coke
06-11-2003, 05:23 AM
Best wishes for you in all your new goals! :)

Silverback
06-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Wednesday 11th June

Today was the start of my 7th week of cutting, unfortunately the scale i usually use in town was out of order!! so i weighed my self on a friends scale but it showed a 5lbs increase! therefore i dissmissed it and will weigh in again next week.

I might just try a bit more rotation with the cals and carbs this week as last week seemed to be same old, same old.

So in 7 weeks of cutting ive dropped 9.3lbs, leaving me @ 205.3 lbs, not bad. But 185lbs is my goal, As far as how i feel; im feeling alot tighter all over and no one area is cutting faster than others. As soon as i can get some pics i will dont worry.

Sprint Session:

Warm-up and form drills

60 yards x 5

30 yards x 5

80 yards x 1

Plyo's: (3 sets of 6-10 reps) Platform leaps, tuck jumps and heel junps.

Weights: (late afternoon)

Practice on power-clean, sqauts, deads (sl) nothing heavy just practising explosiveness.

Felt good, hopefully on friday me and matt will get some times down, im a bit on the slow side at the moment as im a bit heavy my running phase is powerful, but acceleration is sluggish

Im working on a better routine with the use of the Charlie Francis Training for Speed Book, im over on their website which is pretty helpful for me.

Tis enough for now, gonna go and do some skill work ;)

Silverback
06-11-2003, 11:51 AM
PS thanks for the support peeps!

Tryska
06-11-2003, 11:53 AM
ps - your welcome!

Budiak
06-12-2003, 05:17 AM
Where do you do sprints? School track?

I've considered doing some sprints once or twice a week after school, a 'rep' scheme not unlike yours, on the track they have there. Hell, its certainly not being used to WIN any football games.

Course I dont know where the damn showers be, I think they're across campus. I think the gym is all the way on the other side, too. I hope its better than the gym at San Francisco State, every bar was bent, half of the dumbells were NOT part of a pair, and they even had some olde school type black ball dumbells with the big handle. At the time I couldnt pick them up...I just laughed at them. What a jerkoff!

Silverback
06-12-2003, 11:46 AM
at first when i saw Budiak's name next to my journal i thought i would be getting abuse! to my surprise i didn't.

My sprints are mixed once per week on the track and twice per week on grass (sports specific). I also run TEMPO which is done barefoot on grass and it feels great :)

lol the description of the gym you give sounds very much like my high school gym, what a hole!

Anyways, today i did my tempo and flexibility (flexibility done every day, and DOMS is no longer an issue!)

It was a large circuit:

1: 100+100+100/ 100m walk (+ indicates 50m walk)
2: 100+200+100+100/ 100m walk
3: 100+200+200+100/ 100m walk
4: 100+200+100+100/ 100m walk
5: 100+100+100

total runs= 2200m

This was my first session doing tempo and it is a great training method, a bit like interval training with more pace and more relaxed rest periods. At the moment im too heavy to push for excellent times, so its getting the distance in and working on fat loss.

Diet: Spot on so far got two more meals to go (no carbs) and everything has been schweet!, i havent done a proper refeed yet, but feel like the time is not far off, bady fat is really dropping and by week 9 i would say that im not far off 12% (overall)

Tankette
06-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Hey B-R, good luck w/the new goals. I look forward to watching your progress :).

Oh, and I've been pimping those protein bars you posted...I think I've got half the population of the greater OKC hooked on them.

Silverback
06-14-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Tankette
Hey B-R, good luck w/the new goals. I look forward to watching your progress :).

Oh, and I've been pimping those protein bars you posted...I think I've got half the population of the greater OKC hooked on them.

Thanks for dropping by, the protein bars are top notch everybody should have them! Unfortunately im not on them at the moment as im cutting :( but i'll be back on them as soon as its over.

Workout:

I did the same tempo workout as Thursday, because i trained my legs with weights so sprinting isnt such a good idea after this.

Weights looked like:

Barbell Bench: x 3 sets (5-6 reps)

Deadlifts: x 4 sets (5-6 reps)

Leg Press: x 3 sets (5-8 reps)

BB Curl ss with lying triceps extension: x 3 (6-8)

That was it tried to focus no powering the weight up with speed and purpose, it was hard work and i kept the session seriously intense with no more rest than 40 secs between sets, i was done within 30 mins including warm-up/cool down. All in all a good session, weight wasn't really important, but i did get a 300lbs deadlift for 3 reps! which shattered my old PR of 270lbs

Diet was good, still no cravings and feeling tighter. Although i weighed 2lbs more than last week @ 206lbs, something to do with upping my creatine dose to deal with the amount of work im putting in.

later gotta run

Silverback
06-15-2003, 04:08 AM
Diet has been taking some strain over the past few days, yesterday i had some relatives up so some of my mates and family had a BBQ. I thought i could use it as a semi-refeed and tbh it went well, i didnt drink beer which was good and i didnt eat too much either, still above maintenance though.

Today however ive got another big meal for father's day, so i may have to do some cardio otherwise i could put all the hard work through the week to waste and i dont want that.

Anyhow enough whining!

Yesterday i powered out some great sprints, low volume and lots of intensity, felt great and my form was spot on. All i need now is emphasis on power and dropping weight and i should be sorted.

1: 2 x 60m (2 min rest between reps)

2: 4 x 30m (" " ")

3: 3 x 60m (" " ")

That was it and i finished off with some plyo's, i then i had to bike home up some serious hills and my quads felt like they were gonna explode!

Misc shizzle:

Ive been a bit puzzled by my body over the past few weeks, when i wake up in a morning my abs are really tight and my 6-pac is clearly evident, however as the day goes on they become blury and late in the evening they go tight again!! Does anyone else find this and can anyone explain it, i know its not my mind playing tricks becuase im actually looking at it.??

Off to sunbathe :D and watching Real Madrid tonight :)

B-R

GhettoSmurf
06-15-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
Ive been a bit puzzled by my body over the past few weeks, when i wake up in a morning my abs are really tight and my 6-pac is clearly evident, however as the day goes on they become blury and late in the evening they go tight again!! Does anyone else find this and can anyone explain it, i know its not my mind playing tricks becuase im actually looking at it.??

its like that for me as well. usually when i wake up i feel/look much flatter. as for not seeing your abs as well during the day, it could be becuase your eating during the day. i dunno just a suggestion. but im in the same boat as you.

Silverback
06-15-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

its like that for me as well. usually when i wake up i feel/look much flatter. as for not seeing your abs as well during the day, it could be becuase your eating during the day. i dunno just a suggestion. but im in the same boat as you.

cool, at least im not the only one :)

Silverback
06-28-2003, 07:49 AM
uggh, its been a while!

I'll give you guys a brief/quick update:

Speed training has been pretty much the same, progressing nicely enjoying life on the track. Weights are good and im getting more confident with the oly lifts.

I got a job last week @ Reebok/Rockport factory unloading/loading wagons, checking products etc..., working flat out 12-14hour days leaving little time for anything else! until today that is. I got offered a job paying 5 times my previous job so i took it and the best thing is im only going to be working once a week, therefore im happy :)

Diet is going well refeeding every 5-6 days, down to 203lbs from 217lbs abs are looking tight ;)

otherwise little else to report, im pooped so im off 2 bed!

Franjipani
06-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
My goals are to lean out and become a speed freak + hone my footy skills ready for next season. Im currently cutting (starting week 7) and ive lost 10lbs thus far. Im aiming to get down to about 180lbs (shredded) here i feel my body will be in optimal shape for the soccer field.

Heya gorgeous,

Gotta love a new set of clearly defined goals with a new journal to boot:thumbup:.