PDA

View Full Version : Question on fat in face

Stabber
06-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Dropped about 15lbs (210 to 190ish) on a clean cutting diet while still doing anarobic (sp?) and starting aerobic training these past 2 months..

I want to know if chubbiness in the face/neck area is some of the last to go for some individuals? Was hoping to see a reduction by now. Should I stick to my routine...I'm getting skinny

Relentless
06-11-2003, 06:49 AM
it's genetics, man... check out St. Patrick's progress pix; he has ABS now but still has the typical round Irish face. :D

For that matter, check out pix of the very hot Charlize Theron... she's model-thin but still has chubby cheeks. :D

if you lose enough weight, eventually your cheeks will hollow out... but they may be the very last thing to go!

SoulOfKoRea
06-11-2003, 06:57 AM
good call on the genetics :strong:

BobbyRS
06-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Yes, genetically speaking, your body will tend to lose fat in the last place it stored it. So, depending on genetics and how your body stores the fat, will also determine where and when it is removed.

Stabber
06-11-2003, 09:50 AM
No no no. I never used to have a fat face. Thats what I mean. It happened when I bulked up over the past year. With this new information...what do you think?

bradley
06-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Stabber
No no no. I never used to have a fat face. Thats what I mean. It happened when I bulked up over the past year. With this new information...what do you think?

I would imagine that the fat in the face will start to decrease as you get closer to the bf% you were at before bulking. If you gained it there then chances are you can lose it.

BobbyRS
06-11-2003, 10:08 AM

Are you sure the weight you have been losing is mostly fat? Maybe you are losing more muscle then fat. I am with bradley on this one. Once you get closer to your bf% that you were before bulking, you should begin to see the fat in the face go away. Make sure your diet and exercise is optimal for your body to lose mostly fat and not muscle.

Stabber
06-11-2003, 01:31 PM
How do you get an optimal diet so you don't lose muscle but lose fat?? I eat healthy, and make sure I always have protein. I would imagine protein is the crucial ingredient in keeping muscle? I never starve myself..

Wu36
06-11-2003, 01:46 PM
everyone on the board wont agree on an optimal diet, you could always read through the diet board and journals then find what works for you.

Relentless
06-11-2003, 01:49 PM
I found that a ketogenic diet was quite effective at helping me drop BF while preserving lean mass

see my journal for details if yer interested. I've dropped more than 30 lbs and maintained most of my muscle mass.

bradley
06-11-2003, 01:56 PM
How do you get an optimal diet so you don't lose muscle but lose fat?? I eat healthy, and make sure I always have protein. I would imagine protein is the crucial ingredient in keeping muscle? I never starve myself..

Make sure you are taking in enough protein and EFAs, and also create a small caloric deficit (losing weight at a slow rate). This should help in minimizing the risk of losing LBM, although when dieting you should expect some LBM losses.

Stabber
06-11-2003, 03:14 PM
So EFAS (good fats I presume?) are necessary in keeping LBM?

Yoshimi
06-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Get your Flaxseed Oil Bro!!!!!!!!!!!! And I hear you on the fat face and neck thing, have you ever heard of Yohimburn?

raniali
06-11-2003, 03:37 PM
flaxseed is a good start but not the end-all for EFAs.
i would be leery of applying yohimburn to my face - or anywhere near my eyes.

bradley
06-12-2003, 03:43 AM
So EFAS (good fats I presume?) are necessary in keeping LBM?

Essential fatty acids are essential to the body in general, hence the reason they are called essential fatty acids.