PDA

View Full Version : Classic Bodybuilding journal

Rock
06-11-2003, 03:51 PM
One of the main principles in the early days of bodybuilding was high reps, specially among Arnold Schwarzenegger, in this Journal that goes from 11 of june to 13 of august, I will follow a very high rep scheme based on what Arnold explains in one of his books.

This journal is about one thing, the quest for Size, yes my friend size matters in this journal, becoming a bit leaner will also be an objective, strength is not important.

This will also be quite weird, since I have always done 3-4reps in every exercise.

But its SummerHoliday tomorrow and I can sleep and rest all day long, I am not going on any vacation this year, so I welcome the high reps to enter my muscle.

( I will also concentrate on great form in this journal )

Here is what I will follow, and god damn its gonna be some hard trainings too, Rock will gather his viking spirit that sits deep from ancient times, to give this training program a divine edge.

Monday : Shoulders, Chest and Biceps

Shoulders :
Seated barbell shoulder press 1x15, 2x12
lateral raize - 3x12

Chest :
Lying dumbell presses 4x12
lying pec flies - ( no I am not lying) 4x12(oooh...cha ching!)

Biceps :
Preacher curl 15x10 ( hehe, just kidding) 5x10

thats 50 reps in the preacher right there, and I am gonna be preachin it too! GNNNNN, argh! urk!! grrr!

Wednesday(wheres the wedding?) - legs and traps

squat 4x15
deadlifts 2x20

Thursday : abs and calves

weighted sit ups and standing calf raizes - 2x20 on both

Friday : Back and trieps

pulldown 4x12
standing bent over rows 4x12

french press 4x15
pushdowns 2x20

Thats it, it starts tomorrow on thursday, so an update will be given already tomorrow, with comments and news flash, stay tuned!

Tryska
06-11-2003, 03:54 PM
silly rock - wednesday - is really Woden's day. what kind of viking are you?

anyhoo - wednesday sesison is gonna suck. in a good way.

rookiebldr
06-11-2003, 04:03 PM
It's about time you started a journal. Good luck on your quest to get huge.

Rock
06-11-2003, 04:29 PM
thanks! Tryska I know, I was just horsing around

Blood&Iron
06-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Rock

This journal is about one thing, the quest for Size, yes my friend size matters in this journal, becoming a bit leaner will also be an objective, strength is not important.

Hey, sounds good to me.

BTW, as you surely know, Arnold also trained everything three times per week.

Here is my adaption of one of Arnold's routines:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=203818&highlight=Arnold+routine#post203818

Rock
06-11-2003, 05:05 PM
ah thank you, but Arnold also used something I dont.

Saint Patrick
06-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Good luck w/ the journal and your goals, rock.

Blood&Iron
06-11-2003, 05:24 PM
ah thank you, but Arnold also used something I dont.
If you're not training to failure all the time, that's not an issue.

But, of course, you should do what you think will work best.

Good luck.

Rock
06-11-2003, 05:26 PM
thanks guys!

Wu36
06-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Good luck with the new program rock.

I see a lotta stuff like that on dave draper's site too. High sets and medium to high reps, keep us posted on how it goes.

BCC
06-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Good Luck man!

Rock
06-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Thanks Chasey

12 of june.

I had a dream last night, the dream was about a thing that enters my mind more and more latley, its called Steroids.
In the dream I was taking them, and I was getting big and lean, it was all nice and comfortable, I didnt see any side effects.

I woke up and I thought...steroids...or no steroids...steroids or no steroids...steroids or no steroids...damnit, and I still think like that.

I was a bad mother fu***er at school today, like Shaft bad mother foker, I had an examn and scored a 100%, the highest score at my school for this exam, ooooohhh give me some mo! that was the bestes feeling.

Scenario :

Rock walks in to get to know his exam score, two teachers sit there and tell Rock, you got a 100% congratulations.

funky music appears, Shaft walks in, and says, yousa baaad white boy, and Rock said, hell yeah shaft.

And then the typical 70s bad ass movie angle, the camera starts off with showing the funky shoes and then they film up to the face, and thats how It was, and then funky music, and...oh I was hotter then a rollin dice.

Eating : A bad day for eating

yup, before my exam I had a bowl of oatmeal and light milk, 5 hours later no meals, I came home, ate 10eggs and 1 bowl of oatmeal and fell asleep, woke up 5 hours later and ate some slices of pizza and 3 bananas and 300grams of peanuts, and god damn it takes a long time eating so many peanuts

Training :

I fell a sleep, just plain tired....blahh, but tomorrow I will train with greater fury.

Comments :

Horney as a son of a bi***, its extreme, its not human to be so sexually "engaged", but I guess its good for my hormon levels.

what am I trying to do here.....am I going to be the best natural bodybuilder in the world, or will I take steroids and be a medium bodybuilder, I might not be anything. My arms have good size now, I dont think they measure all that much, but the muscle bellies are suited for bodybuilding I think, hope so.

WillKuenzel
06-12-2003, 02:28 PM
LOL, that's one of the best journal entries ever! Awesome!

Good luck with your goals man! Sounds like you know what you're doing.

Scott S
06-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Well, did the Vikings have steroids? That's what you have to ask yourself... ;)

P.S. I think "fury" is something I need to add more of in my training as well.

Rock
06-12-2003, 02:36 PM
Scott...true..but then again they did actually use dope to become stronger and wilder.

Homeyield, thanks man, there will be alot of weird comments in this journal.

Rock
06-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Alright, got up kind of late this morning, around early noon.

ate oatmeal and light milk for breakfast at 12

ate 1 banana and 7eggs at 14.00

trained from 14.40 to 17.40

Training :

I did 4 sets of 12 reps with the pulldown

then bent over rows with 225lbsx12x4, like really far bent over, could feel pain all over my back, but who cares.

then french press 4x12, 45kgs, not so much, blh...kind of crappy sets, pain all over.

then triceps pushdown, I really did balls to the walls on this one, screamed and turned and twisted and look like a mad man on the last reps, the weight is not given on the machine, so no point of writing that here.

then close grips bench press 225lbsx7 and that three times

Felt really pumped, arms felt like they were in the 47-48range, but ofcourse a major pump after a carb drink lies like pinoccio.

Under the push down sets, this one dude said " ah that felt gooood right", and I was thinking, christ, whos this guy...sure it felt good mate, and he responded, it feelt gooood indeed, I was getting freaked out by that dude, god man, SHUT UP FREAKO.

after workout meal, 3 chili dogs, 7eggs, and a little pasta and some milk.

The last part of my training was execellent, and I wore a short sleave tight t-shirt to show of my pump to the girlies on the way home, I had my discman and had ac\dc on it, and I was feeling like a million dollars, then the feeling faded away, and another day is over.

Bam Bam
06-13-2003, 11:33 AM
good job rocky Post some pics after aug 13

Rock
06-13-2003, 11:41 AM
I will!

I was just invited to a party, like a high class party, with 23-24year olds, all pretty rich and stuff...woohaa, this is weird.....me kinda nervous about this.

Bam Bam
06-13-2003, 12:50 PM
just show some confidence be yourself and have fun

Rock
06-14-2003, 09:13 PM
well the big "grown up party" was nice, talked to alot of them, was a cool night, I danced my famous disco dance and then theyb we left for town, I was drunk as drunk can be, and they didnt let me in on the 24years bars, and then I went to a 18year old bar place, hooked up with some girls I know, had a good time.

When I got home, a page popped up with this sex telephone number, and I was so drunk I was like, yeah sure, and I called it just for fun, and it was me and some farmer talking to this girl, and I was like, jeez this is to lame, god damn you idiot Rock.

I was invitied home to a girl, not this monday, but next monday, but damnit I have a girlfriend, damn...what do I do now...It never gets easy,

RG570
06-14-2003, 09:45 PM
i love you stein

Rock
06-14-2003, 09:59 PM
you do...well, I guess thats all good then :)

RG570
06-14-2003, 10:09 PM
stein 4 prez!!!

AdamGberg
06-14-2003, 10:23 PM
a healthy protein enriched :spam: is crucial for achieving your goalds....Good luck! sounds like high reps should be fun....

Rock
06-16-2003, 02:24 PM
Monday : Shoulders, Chest and Biceps

Shoulders :
Seated barbell shoulder press 60kgsx15, 70xkgs12
lateral raize -15kgsx12

Chest :
incline Lying dumbell presses 100lbsx12, I got help on the 2 last reps, bad I admit form was not too good, as my back was pretty arched, but I felt that I was tired in the shoulders.
incline lying pec flies - 22,kgsx12x5, I dont care what no one says, this is the chest mass exercise number one.

Biceps :
Preacher curl 55kgsx10x5

Comment :

I felt good...yeah...morning was crap, had a boner that wouldnt go down, at had to wait like 2hours extra because of that.

I woke up kind off in shock, Since I remembered what I did at a bar saturday night, and I mastrubated a girl, but I didnt know that until I woke up monday morning, and I was like yeah Stein wohooo! at was already weird, and it happend right there in middle of the bar.

its weird world.

Franco
06-16-2003, 02:35 PM
One of the main principles in the early days of bodybuilding was high reps, specially among Arnold Schwarzenegger, in this Journal that goes from 11 of june to 13 of august, I will follow a very high rep scheme based on what Arnold explains in one of his books.

Stein, Arnold wasn't necessarily correct. The fact of the matter was that he knew what worked for him and your basically taking his word for gospel.

Also your quest is purely hypertrophy (as you've stated on numerous occasions). There's so many methods of training so why just box your self into soley using progressive overload?

Rock
06-16-2003, 02:42 PM
I know, a good instructor and helper at the gym also commented my training program, saying that it wouldnt build.

But Ive been doing 3-4reps in everythinh since day one, so therefor I am experimenting abit.

Praetorian
06-16-2003, 02:44 PM
god damned stein. you shouldnt have told me that shiat about petter. now im depressed!!!

*listenes to Fade to Black*

*cries*

Rock
06-16-2003, 02:51 PM
dont cry over a woman, let them cry over you.

bahhaa, crappy advice.

BennettBoy
06-16-2003, 02:56 PM
Glad you got a journal going Rock. You should put up a couple pre Arnold Routine :p pics up now and then take some more afterwards.

Good luck!

Tryska
06-16-2003, 03:01 PM
you masturbated a girl at the bar saturday night?

she wasn't your girlfriend was she?

when the hell did you become such a stud? (not that i condone this sort of behavior, but still)

Praetorian
06-16-2003, 03:05 PM
you cant call what he did a mastrubation, but hey if the chick has an uber sized clit, then maybe.

and yeah, im gonna get her drunk on thursday, rock.

Rock
06-16-2003, 03:07 PM
well it was really weird, I am not 100% how I did it, but I did it, and nobody noticed.

Tryska is not that I am a stud, its just when I meet older girls, 20years+, I really seem to have it easier to communicate with them, they dont seem so like self proclaimed donnas or stuff, like more down to earth.

Tryska
06-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Centaurion
you cant call what he did a mastrubation, but hey if the chick has an uber sized clit, then maybe.

and yeah, im gonna get her drunk on thursday, rock.

either he felt her up or he didn't.

rock i dunno - you better start actign right tho, otherwise you'll lose that girl you've got.

Praetorian
06-18-2003, 01:05 PM
ask him T.

anyways, sorry to break your bubble rock, but it looks like we aint going to the military together. i just got a letter from 'Befalskolen', where they say that i have been accepted and that i have to report for tests on the 17th of august at kjevik. but however, if i fail those test, ill be back with you.

:hump:

Praetorian
06-19-2003, 01:21 AM
and where the **** is my money???

i aint ****ting you man, i need it.

next time youll see me, is outside your house with a ****ing crowbar.

RG570
06-19-2003, 01:25 AM
i want my money too stein. ever heard of child support?

Rock
06-19-2003, 06:26 AM
damnit, IL get you the ****ing money, its just very hard right now, I just bairly got food to eat.

Praetorian
06-20-2003, 04:00 AM
do i look like the kind of guy that cares?

youve got 2 weeks ****face. i need every cent when going to kos.

Rock
06-20-2003, 01:31 PM
yup another day in an ugly white boys life, no meaning, no whatever, just an ever lasting tunnel of hornyness and the obligatoric depression that follows.

Did legs on thuesday :

squats, my knees hurt to much, fook fook **** and hell, I usually dont care, and just train until I simply can move, pain is the most natural thing in weightraining.

deads 120kgx12 120kgsx12 120kgsx12 120kgsx9 120kgsx7 120kgs5, very light today, dunno felt like it

then 6 sets on calves

Today Friday, back and triceps :
trained hard and heavy as I could

pulldowns x 4x8, weight not listed, but around 120kgs

standing bent over barbell rows, 120kgsx3, 115x6+1 (jumpy) 110kgsx8 110kgsx6

pushdowns 6sets, weight not listed, but heavy like hell, fire came out of my eyes.

my own special triceps exercise, holding to hand weights, instead of a bar in french press, the same principle, but when reaching the top of the exercise, turning the down side of the hand weight up, for an extra heavy turn on the exercise.

Well, lets see, I am fat, depressed and horney, all my friends are going to a big festival in denmark, they are going like 14guys together, I couldnt come got no money, so ofcourse I am pissed off and thinks the world stinks.

Rock
06-21-2003, 04:12 PM
I WANT SOME GOD DAMN NOOOOOOOOKIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rock
06-25-2003, 01:07 PM
today, a bit late with the training, this should have been on monday, but I got invited to a party, and if there are girls there, I will come, I must!

Wednesday :

got my highschool diploma today! woohoo! I am done, it looks nice.

shoulders,chest and biceps :

the shoulderpresses went a bit heavier today, 85kgs! wooo, hehe, 85kgsx7+1, 85kgsx6 85kgsx6+1, 60kgsx12, got really fast tired on the last one...wierde

some lateral raizes, 14kgs in each hand for 8rep, 3sets

preacher raizes, my very own exercise, sit on the preacher and do one arm lateral raizes and dont touch the preacher bench with that arm, it really stings.

incline dumbell press, exactley the same as last time, blaah

incline dumbell flys, used 50s for 8 reps, for 4 sets, I love this exercise! mmmm!

preacher curl 4 sets x 50kgs, really bad session, blaah

Took a picture in the middle of all this, I look fat, no abs, buuhuuu

Relentless
06-25-2003, 01:21 PM
chest and arms look pretty good in that pic, Stein! Traps also look to have a good sweep.

why worry about abs when you are PACKING ON MONSTROUS AMOUNTS OF ROCK HARD MUSCLE!

:D

P.S. I wish I had pecs that looked as thick as yours... mine just can't seem to 'fill out' nicely. Or maybe they just look that way because I have a thick/wide ribcage.

Rock
06-25-2003, 01:41 PM
thank you very much Callahan, but I am not so happy with the picture, I am around 103kgs here.

Neil
06-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Your chest looks really good. It covers a lot of area. Looks like you have some awesome potential.