PDA

View Full Version : Serious Irregularity problem

mindburnt
06-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Something in this diet needs to change, but i just dont know what yet. I have a serious [SERIOUS] problem with a continuous attack of rancid smelling farts along with constipation. The constipation is all day and the fart blitz happens at around 4:45 every afternoon and goes on constantly until bedtime. Hopefully someone can help me figure this out:

Meal One(if working out)
1/4 serving meal replacement + scoop whey
+12 oz 2% milk = 582 calories, 30 grams protein
Post workout=powerade=70 calories

havent been doing meal one because im in a cast and cant workout in the mornings. Instead, Ive replaced it with just a whey protein shake, walking the dog for half an hour and moving on to meal two after the shower.

Meal Two
8 frozen strawberries
cup vanilla yogurt
banana
scoop whey protein
cup milk=smoothie
1 egg =449 calories, 31.5 grams protein

Meal Three
cup walnuts
1 tbsp peanut butter
apple
1 slice turkey
cup cottage cheese
1 lecithin pill
= 502 calories, 22 grams protein
Meal Four
1 banana
2 cups lettuce+cheese
2 carrots
medium cooked potato
lecithin pill
lunch beef=461 calories, 19 grams protein

Meal Five
Grow meal bar
multivitamin
rice cake and flax pill pill = 390 calories, 30 grams protein
Post workout=powerade=70 calories

Meal Six
3 eggs
2 slices lunch ham
baked potato
lecithin pill
flax pill
1 carrot=416 calories, 32 grams protein
-OR-
8 oz of any meat and baked potato or fruit
Total
2968 calories, 167 grams protein

The rice cake in meal five is eaten about halfway between meal four and five. I just started the rice cakes today to replace the prunes i ate previously. What is up with this G A S ??

GhettoSmurf
06-12-2003, 08:28 PM
might be from the eggs. thats what give me gas. or maybe you are a bit lactose-intolerent and its the milk/dairy.

mindburnt
06-12-2003, 08:40 PM
ive been eating eggs and drinking milk my whole life and never had this problem until about a week nto this diet. I have however, lost 3.5 pounds of fat in less than three weeks. but to be honest. id rather have that fat then be farting constantly.

Manveet
06-12-2003, 09:17 PM
has your protein intake gone up? Chances are that is where your problem lies. Try some beano.

bradley
06-13-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by mindburnt
ive been eating eggs and drinking milk my whole life and never had this problem until about a week nto this diet. I have however, lost 3.5 pounds of fat in less than three weeks. but to be honest. id rather have that fat then be farting constantly.

Most people are lactose intolerant to some degree so if you have recently increased your dairy consumption then that could be the problem, and it also could be related to the type of protein powder that you are using.

As far as the constipation, I would just add in some more fiber. You could add some more fibrous veggies in your diet or just go with a fiber supplement. That should help keep things moving.

chops
06-13-2003, 10:35 AM
i had the constipation problem for 2 mo weeks after upping my protein. i tried natural colon cleansing pills (buckthorn and senna), taking flaxseed oil straight, and i ate more fiber than i ever have in my life. none of this helped.

i started eating a TB of whole flaxseeds daily and it kicked in on day 2. i'm still dealing with the gas problem though :(

you can also try metamucil. that's natural so you can also take it daily as well.

raniali
06-13-2003, 02:28 PM
digestive enzymes!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/nevhowell/

Y2A
06-13-2003, 02:40 PM
*Waiting to see if anyone makes any sexual comments to raniali in a constipation/fart thread* :D

raniali
06-13-2003, 02:45 PM
*please note my new avatar with no actual ali nudity*

Y2A
06-13-2003, 02:48 PM
*please note that has never stopped anyone before*

"Hey baby, if I got you a trenchcoat, would you flash me?" :)