PDA

View Full Version : On the next day after drinking afew beers should a bodybuilder....

Mic Soloist
06-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Go about his diet in the same way. I know Protein intake is messed up for a while so would drinking the shakes and eating the tuna or whatever be a waste of time???

Should you just use it as a cheat day???

Or should you carry on like a normal day???

thank ya

-peace-

Sackattack
06-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Mic,

A few is no big deal. Continue on your normal path. Hell, think of it as a carb up.

12 pack is a little different. If you feel groggy take the day off from training, but do eat normally. Bump your H20 intake up a notch to compensate for dehydration.

Remember: Training is cumulative. Every bit counts towards the goal. Just like one healthy meal after one great workout won't make you one big mamma jamma, one drink won't destroy one week's worth of gains.

bradley
06-13-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
Go about his diet in the same way. I know Protein intake is messed up for a while so would drinking the shakes and eating the tuna or whatever be a waste of time???
Should you just use it as a cheat day???
Or should you carry on like a normal day???

I must ask because you have made countless threads on this topic. If drinking makes you feel so bad then why do you do it?

The bottom line is drinking is not going to help you in any way as far as training goes, but then again drinking every now and then is not going to negate months of hard training. You must find that happy medium. Everything in moderation.

Anyway, just make sure that you drink plenty of water and just continue with your daily diet.

Mic Soloist
06-13-2003, 02:53 AM
Drinking doesn't bother me as far as worry about my status in building. I was just wondering if I would be wasting my time taking in tons of protein the next day. I ended up drinking 6 beers tonight over like 4 hours so I'm totally sober. I'm gonna drink so water, have a VC pill and go to bed. Hopefully I'll feel good 2morrow and I'll go have my back/shoulder day.

-peace-

bradley
06-13-2003, 03:04 AM
Drinking doesn't bother me as far as worry about my status in building. I was just wondering if I would be wasting my time taking in tons of protein the next day. I ended up drinking 6 beers tonight over like 4 hours so I'm totally sober. I'm gonna drink so water, have a VC pill and go to bed. Hopefully I'll feel good 2morrow and I'll go have my back/shoulder day.

It just seems that it is a topic that you bring up quite regularly.

GhettoSmurf
06-13-2003, 06:31 AM

-peace-

just continue with your normal diet as mentioned above.

Ace
06-13-2003, 07:21 AM
I wish I could only drink 6 in 4 hours. tuttut

Mic Soloist
06-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by bradley

It just seems that it is a topic that you bring up quite regularly.

sorry:(

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 10:34 AM
If you have to do it then get help. You shouldn't have to feel like you have to drink.

If you think its bothering your diet then stop. You have to set your priorities. If you feel that strongly convicted towards meeting your goals then you won't do it, but on the other hand if you want to drink then do it.

I don't see why you worry about it so much. Have a few here and there but don't bust your balls about it all the time. Every now and then it won't hurt you. Its not going to set you back months of training, unless you do it often. In that case you either have your priorities wrong or like I said first, get help.

Ferdo
06-13-2003, 04:59 PM
6 beers in 4 hours, IM killed!! KOd for 2 days

MrWebb78
06-13-2003, 05:06 PM
last weekend i was so flippin hungover i couldnt keep anything down it was awful! i thought greasy food would be the answer like it usually is.....wrong! food came back up as quick as it went down.

oh yeah, this is an example of how you CANT follow your normal diet after drinking, when your body wont allow it. but dont worry i still didnt put 5 years of weight training in jeopardy by having a good time and puking for a whole day!

06-14-2003, 01:17 AM
I don't know what it is but the day after drinking I always feel like eating bad food too..

Tank23
06-14-2003, 09:54 AM
The night of drinking I feel like eating bad food.

The day after drinking I'm disgusted with myself from drinking all that crap, and I'll stick fairly strictly to a good diet.

Berserker
06-14-2003, 02:01 PM
I would jsut eat normal and drink lots of water. You should worry more about what you eat when drinking, thats what makes you fat. Also you have asked the same question from every angle. You can keep asking but you will probably never get the answer you want.
I drink alot, I do alright, I am sure I could do better. My choice. I don't think you should have to choose, after all you don't want to be a fat drunk.

AdamGberg
06-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Tank23
The night of drinking I feel like eating bad food.

The day after drinking I'm disgusted with myself from drinking all that crap, and I'll stick fairly strictly to a good diet.

this is the same reason i kissed a random girl the other night...your inhibitions slowly go to nothing, therefore, health conscious people may slip up and eat bad food...I am guilty of this...;) everything in moderation....

Frozenmoses
06-14-2003, 04:09 PM
It's not cheating if you don't remember it!

Tank23
06-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Remember what?

:D

Berserker
06-16-2003, 08:11 PM
I think the food is sometimes worse then the drinking, especially when I was in college.

Jeebus
06-16-2003, 10:09 PM
My short stint in university fudged me up. I wasn't really training then though, but the extensive drinking and eating garbage food from the meal-hall really took a turn for the worse. I gained like 10lbs in 3 months. Then coming home and drinking non-stop again didnt help either. Luckily now, I can limit myself to 1 or 2 nights a week.