PDA

View Full Version : Why do my arms suck?

faus
06-13-2003, 07:39 AM
When looking at the inside of my arm flexed, my biceps look "normal." When looking at it from the rear (as in a rear double bicep pose), my bicep looks terrible!
I know that you can't "shape" the muscle, but there's got to be something I can do so my biceps doesn't look so malformed from the rear. Any suggestions as to how I can improve my biceps would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
And yes, I do know my side and rear delts are lagging way behind, but I've got a plan to work on those.

This first one is a shot from the front.

faus
06-13-2003, 07:40 AM
A closer shot from the front.

faus
06-13-2003, 07:41 AM
First shot from the rear.

faus
06-13-2003, 07:42 AM
Closer shot from the rear.

Reinier
06-13-2003, 07:48 AM
back to bb lesson nr 1
you can only change the size and the efficiency of muscles,
or reduce the thickness of the layer of fat on top of it. you can not change the shape.

faus
06-13-2003, 08:38 AM
First from the front

faus
06-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Second from the front

faus
06-13-2003, 08:39 AM
From the rear.

faus
06-13-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Reinier
back to bb lesson nr 1
you can only change the size and the efficiency of muscles,
or reduce the thickness of the layer of fat on top of it. you can not change the shape.
Thanks for the reply.
I know you cannot change the shape, but since the front of the upper arm consists of the brachialis, and the two heads of the biceps, it seems that I should be able to concentrate more on one of these to help improve the overall look of my arms.
As for the layer of fat on top of it, we'll be working on that too!

Saint Patrick
06-13-2003, 11:35 PM
your arms don't suck.

I mean you're not freakzilla big poppa pump big bad booty daddy Scott Steiner, but they look decent.

don't put too much emphasis on guns and lose sight of the rest of your body. Arms are only one of many muscle groups.

steveo
06-14-2003, 12:14 AM
Not every one is blessed with peaks.

your arms look good. Not anything a cut phase couldn't take care of.

faus
06-14-2003, 05:53 AM
SP - Big Poppa Pump I'm definitely not! I've never been a "curl jockey" and maybe that's part of why my bicep development sucks.
steveo - a cutting phase is definitely in the works.

Thanks

Reinier
06-14-2003, 07:08 AM
your arms are decent imo

Silverback
06-14-2003, 07:12 AM
:withstupi

-sin-
06-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Your delts kinda dwarf your biceps taking away the appearance of a peak. Cutting would definately help. They still look good.

ryan1117
06-14-2003, 10:27 AM
IMHO, a lot has to do with genetics when it comes to arms. I know I was robbed there. It seems like some people store more bodyfat in their arms than others. (which makes them look bigger)

pagan058
06-14-2003, 12:39 PM
i think your arms are good.....a cut would help...

Rygar
06-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Your arms look great.
Like many have said (you want bigger biceps, get smaller)

Exnor
06-14-2003, 06:10 PM
I have found from experience that its possible to slightly shape the bicep.

A few months ago I started to notice that the shape of my biceps were not even for each arm (the outer part of the left was lacking compared to the right). I found out from a video I took that I was using really bad form on my EZ BB curls, my left arm deviating slightly when the weight got heavy.

I rectified this and concentrated on form, and my left outer bicep has actually developed more, Still not even but its certainly getting there slowly.

faus
06-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks, all, for the input. I've been dragging my feet on doing a cutting cycle, though I've known it was necessary for quite sometime. I've just completed week 4 of my current "get in shape" cycle after a "mostly involuntary" 5 month hiatus, so now that I think I've got some of my muscle back, it is probably time to get rid of the flab.
-sin- I guess I never noticed that maybe my delts were part of the reason my arms don't look very good from a rear shot. Thanks for pointing that out.
I guess I'll keep these pics as a "before" so I'll have something to compare after a cutting cycle.
Thanks again all.

Kayak_boy
06-16-2003, 10:36 PM
You've got some good size there, nothing that a good cut wouldn't show up a lot more.

I'd be more worried about that red rash you got on your head!!!;)

j/k

:p

-TIM-
06-17-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by steveo
...Not anything a cut phase couldn't take care of.

I agree. I think once/if you cut you'll get the definition you're looking for.

Relentless
06-18-2003, 07:45 AM
yer arms look fine... decent peak and the proportion ain't bad

they will look larger from the rear as your BF% drops and the cuts between the bi and the shoulder and below the bi create greater contrast.

Holto
06-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by -sin-
Your delts kinda dwarf your biceps taking away the appearance of a peak

that was my first though too

when the tri's are bigger and more cut it will make the total package much better

I think you're right on track