PDA

View Full Version : swallowing cod liver capsules!

AlexBBbegginer
06-13-2003, 08:19 AM
since i have to have about 12 of these a day, i have discovered how hard they are to get down.
My first got stuck in my throat and nearly killed me!
It basically gets sticky when wet, and that seems to be whats stopping it going down.

Can i possibly chew it up and swallow it?

I managed to swallow 3 earlier but it was hard work!:eek:

bradley
06-13-2003, 08:44 AM
Yeah you could chew it up but the taste might be kind of rough. I would just make sure they were good and wet before attempting to swallow them;)

restless
06-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Since you live in the UK you could get lemon flavoured seven seas cod liver oil in a bottle. Just take one tablespoon and that's it. Completely painless.

donraja
06-13-2003, 09:09 AM
i dont recommend chewing them up.... one time one burst in my mouth and it left a bad taste for a few hours. just make sure you take a mouthful of water with it and swallow.

chops
06-13-2003, 09:42 AM
i know someone who sticks their vita caps in a banana and just takes a bite and swallows it whole. the texture of the banana allows everything to slide down easily w/o being chewed.

GhettoSmurf
06-13-2003, 10:19 AM
lol try sticking it in with some sugar-free jello, and then swallow the jello with the cap. :)

Ace
06-14-2003, 11:59 AM
You wuss! I take 5 at a time no problem. ;)

AlexBBbegginer
06-14-2003, 01:40 PM
well im on day 3 now of mega pill supplements..
i cant find any multivit+ min WITHOUT iron.

And ive been to Boots, Tremletts chemists, Tescos, Asda and Superdrug, they all tell me you cant buy them cos iron is something u need in your diet.

WHAT BS!
me and my mum = same blood group and even after she gave birth to me she never needed any iron supplements like most women do. We just have a lot of iron for some reason.

Id feel like an idiot telling Mr qualified pharmicist hes wrong! and hes giving me advice that will make me very ill.
So im gonna try holland and barret when i get a chance to get into town and see what they can get me probably 30 tablets for 20 like i see online :cry:
whereas a mutlivit in tesco costs 2 for 180 tablets!

Btw i can get 3/4 cod liver capsules down me now :D! i always get 1 stuck and choke it up :( hurts my neck so much...

Ace
06-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Off topic, but I know a guy that says he can swallow 12 pills at a time now! :eek:

GhettoSmurf
06-14-2003, 09:14 PM
you seriously can't find any multi's w/o iron? do you know anywhere that sells vitamins just for men?

AlexBBbegginer
06-15-2003, 04:49 AM
12 pills together????

I do 1 at a time = 14.5'' neck

I bet he chews ;)

AlexBBbegginer
06-15-2003, 05:05 AM
Back to the subject of iron

When i specifically asked @ the chemist for a multi vit without iron that TWAT pharmacist tells me men need the iron,

But ive just read that iron is responsible for the formation of free radicals, and in large quanities will attack our own tissue and increase the chances of cancer and heart disease.
As well as making us feel generally very ill in the mean time.

The RDA of which men should not surpass per day = 10mg
this includes meat products and fish as well as any supps.

All of the vit and min supplements contain NO LESS than FOURTEEN mg!!!!

Vegetable sources contain iron but it is more difficult to absorb than heme-iron found in animal products and vit supps, so the body can regulate the absorption through plant sources.

The human body jealously retains its own iron stores despite all the damage it can do, and the only ways to reduce iron involve bleeding heavily or donating blood.

NICE ADVICE i was given huh??

and three consultants in the chemist all looked at me, as if my D**K was hanging out or something...

GhettoSmurf
06-15-2003, 05:45 AM
hmmmm what about an online supplement site?

AlexBBbegginer
06-15-2003, 07:00 AM
I did look online Smurf...

As i said it was like 20 for 30 tablets and that was the cheapest,
whereas i can get 180 with iron in AS WELL!! for about 2 in Tescos (big supermarket chain)

Im not dumb enuff to believe that theres any big difference in the cheap or expensive pills, cos Zentrum = about 11 just for minerals and thats 80 tabs and it contains everything a cheap mineral has too, its only 10 more!

AlexBBbegginer
06-15-2003, 07:02 AM
1 = $1.60 i think probably $1.70 now