PDA

View Full Version : cottage cheese

PeterParker
06-13-2003, 11:51 PM
im eating my first ever tub of cottage cheese and it surpisingly tasty:drooling:
its just plain and im eating it out the tub, but anyone give me any ideas for future eating:help:

JuniorMint6669
06-14-2003, 01:04 AM
I love cottage cheese... im not sure if these are the healthiest ways to eat it, but its how i do it...
With my cereal, instead of milk, and fresh fruit (berries or banana)
Mixed with sugar free jelly (20 cals per tablespoon)
Mixed with chunky salsa (dont look at it, just eat it, tastes great!)
On a salad (with chunky salsa!)
In a tortilla (with, you guessed it, chunky salsa!)

Ok the first two are my favorite, but they all taste good imo. everyone else in my family just stares at me weird when i eat it with salsa.... so i dont do it as often anymore ;-)

chops
06-14-2003, 01:06 AM
check out http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=23069

GhettoSmurf
06-14-2003, 06:10 AM
check out the recipe section, there is a HUGE thread with idea's. i usually just have my co-cheese plain, with PB, with fiber-one cereal, wit SF jell-o, or just with some pepper.

GhettoSmurf
06-14-2003, 06:16 AM
btw, since we are talking about cottage cheese, i just wanted to make sure of somthing.

cottage cheese is a complete protein, correct?

bradley
06-14-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
cottage cheese is a complete protein, correct?

Most all proteins contain all of the amino acids but some contain small amounts of certain amino acids, which is where the term limiting amino acids comes from. Sources like vegetable proteins have less of certain types of amino acids hence the reason they needed to be combined with another protein source that is rich in that particluar amino acid (wheat and peanuts for example). If you are eating a balanced diet that contains a variety of protein sources there is really no need to worry about the whole limiting AA aspect of your diet.

Cottage cheese is an excellent source of protein:)

AlexBBbegginer
06-14-2003, 01:44 PM
does cottage cheese contain lactose?
cos im fed up of eating fish and eggs and everytime i eat say yoghurt, or milk i bloat up and produce farts that even Saddams chemical experts cant match.

bradley
06-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by AlexBBbegginer
does cottage cheese contain lactose?
cos im fed up of eating fish and eggs and everytime i eat say yoghurt, or milk i bloat up and produce farts that even Saddams chemical experts cant match.

Yes, it is a dairy product so it does contain lactose. Have you tried using something like Lactaid or maybe drinking Soy Milk since it seems as though you are lactose intolerant?

T-Bone976
06-17-2003, 06:04 AM
My friend puts salt and pepper on it and eats it straight out of the tub :eek:

I mix it with yogurt or I buy the little tubs (at Safeway) that are premixed with fruit :)