PDA

View Full Version : Need some support. Feeling Bad.

harryhoudini66
06-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Well guys I have been working out for 7 weeks now and am very disappointed with my results. Today I took a progress pic and I donít see much improvement. I do not plan on ever giving up but cant help feeling depressed right now. The only thing I have going for me are my calves, but even they donít look as good as I thought. Anyway, I am attaching a pic (calves) for you guys to check out. I donít think you will be seeing anything other then my calves in the next few months until I have something deserving to post. Well, tell me what you think.

harryhoudini66
06-14-2003, 01:50 AM
Here is another one.

harryhoudini66
06-14-2003, 01:50 AM
And another...

Mystic Eric
06-14-2003, 01:53 AM
Well, your pics aren't approved yet, but before I look at them, how many cals are you eating? What's your training like? You're not gonna get jacked in just 7 weeks of training lol.

Saint Patrick
06-14-2003, 01:59 AM
yeah you could not be eating enough.........

TheGimp
06-14-2003, 02:06 AM
I may be jumping the gun by not seeing your pics first, but if you check out mine which are of 8 weeks of "progress" you'll see not a whole lot has changed. You just need to stick with it, but I'm sure you know that :)

harryhoudini66
06-14-2003, 02:14 AM
Well I train with weights 3 times per week and do cardio 3 times. I have one day off. My goal is to loose weight and gain muscle, but if I have to choose one, I would choose to loose weight.

Supplements:

Phosphagen HP
Xenadrine RFA-1

Liquids:

1 Gallon of water per day

Meals:

8:00 a.m. Myoplex Shake 280 Calories 42 Protein
11:00 a.m. Natty PB Sandwich 300 Calories 15 Protein
2:00 p.m. Chicken Breast 200 Calories 46 Protein
4:00 p.m. Myoplex RTD 200 Calories 20 Protein
7:00 p.m. Chicken Breast 200 Calories 46 Protein
10:00 p.m. Myoplex Shake 280 Calories 42 Protein
Total= 1460 211

I also get about 7-8 hours of sleep.

Saint Patrick
06-14-2003, 02:37 AM
I understand you want to lose some weight, but 1460 cals is WAY too low. I don't see many carbs in there, I'd add some more.

TheGimp
06-14-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Saint Patrick
1460 cals is WAY too low

:withstupi

Especially if you're doing cardio. How much do you weigh? Because either you're having way too much protein or way too few calories. I'd consider replacing one or two of the shakes with whole foods

harryhoudini66
06-14-2003, 02:54 AM
I hear what you are saying, but I need to drop about 50 pounds. I am one fat mofo. If I increase my calorie intake, won't that make me fatter? As far as weighting myself, I kept avoiding it because I did not want o get depressed, but know I say what the hell. I will weight myself on Sunday and that way I can really track my progress. I know I lost weight because I got comments from many people, but could not tell you how much because I avoid the scale like the plague. Anyway, it is time for me to do things right and face the music. Took me time to get fat; will take time to loose it.

TheGimp
06-14-2003, 03:15 AM
Do not fear the scale. It doesn't matter how fat you are now, you have a desire to transform your body and with dedication you will achieve that.

I can understand the desire to lose your weight as fast as possible but to do it healthily you should be aiming for 1lb a week, which means almost a year to lose 50 lbs. If you're aiming to lose that much I can assume you weigh a fair bit already - I'm 130lbs and I know I'd *starve* on 1460 cals.

If you cut calories too drastically you risk losing muscle - and more muscle helps burn more calories - and slowing your metabolism down. Your body will think there is a famine and will start storing fat, not burning it. You will need to experiment to see how much you should be eating a day to maintain a loss of 1lb a week. Try eating a certain amount for a week, if you lose too much then eat more and if you lose too little then eat less.

Praetorian
06-14-2003, 05:23 AM
when i weighed 225lbs i tried a 2400cals diet and i was STARVING! so i landed at around 3000cals and it went fine.

pruneman
06-14-2003, 05:54 AM
I personally have found that i can work out much more intensely if i eat more. I am a skinny guy (proud member of WBBSA) so our goals may differ, but i would definately increase the cals. One thing that might help you in the gym is to eat a carb meal an hr or so before working out.
Two of the major reasons people don't see gains in the gym are either incorrect diet or they are not training as hard as they need to in order to promote growth (or loss). I think that if you ate more, at least before you work out, you would have more energy for the gym and would see more results and feel better.
I hope that was some help.

harryhoudini66
06-14-2003, 10:35 AM
Thank you all for you support. I will take your advice and take it one step at a time.

TheGimp
06-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Good luck :thumbup:

harryhoudini66
06-14-2003, 12:57 PM
The first one did not come out. Here you go.

galileo
06-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Start off around 12 * bodyweight for calories and you'll be much happier and likely more successful.

BCC
06-14-2003, 05:47 PM
No need to be discouraged after 7 weeks lol. It takes a lifetime, literally.

harryhoudini66
06-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Last time I did it in 6 months. I went from 200 LBS. mostly fat to 140 (did not care about lean muscle loss). After that, it took me about two and a half years to reach a muscular 175. Once my son was born, I was interested more in coming home and spending time with him instead of going to the gym. I guess I know the drill but expect faster results.

WestyHeadbanger
06-14-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm not even going to look at your pics. Do you seriously expect results for 7 weeks of training? Bodybuilding is a lifestyle not a 7 week self improvement course.

harryhoudini66
06-14-2003, 08:23 PM
You do not understand. I am very much aware of the work necessary and the time required. I was bodybuilding about five years ago and it took me three years to reach my goal of a muscular 175. The thing is I do not see any improvement what so ever on my after pic. To say that no noticeable improvements could be made in seven weeks in an understatement. I mean, I literally look as fat as when I started. Anyway, I will not give up. I will go on. I am going to start eating 3000 calories per day and will train much harder. I will reach my goal. Also, the pic is just of my calf, it is not as if you could tell much about my current condition by it.

EDIT: I feel much better today guys. I was just a little depressed yesterday. I got over myself.

harryhoudini66
06-16-2003, 01:08 PM
Well guys it looks like you are boycottong my calve pics. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

ask
06-17-2003, 02:17 AM
Well, nice indeed, but we can't tell much by seeing your calves only. If you wanna drop that excess BF without losing all the muscle, go on low carbs, high protein and fat diet. That's worked for a lot of peeps.

WestyHeadbanger
06-17-2003, 05:32 AM
It is cool that you just showed calf pics.

Didn't here anyone say "SHOW US YOUR WHEELS!!!"