PDA

View Full Version : Fitday and Foods

technogeeky
06-14-2003, 12:51 PM
How am I supposed to know what *specific* type of food Boars Head Roast Beef is?

I have absolutely no idea which one of the types of roast beef it is on their site.

What are the divisions in wheat bread? How can I tell which is which?

J450n
06-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Whilst on the subject - Fitday - Gammon doesn't exist?! Apparently not!

GhettoSmurf
06-14-2003, 01:21 PM
does it have the nutrition info on the food on the package? like on my bread is has all the nutrition info on the bread's package. then i make that bread a "custom food" on fitday with the nutrient breakdown that is on the package.

technogeeky
06-14-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
does it have the nutrition info on the food on the package? like on my bread is has all the nutrition info on the bread's package. then i make that bread a "custom food" on fitday with the nutrient breakdown that is on the package.

I wish it did, but it doesn't. I wonder if the Grocery Store has a label for it? Hmm!

Saint Patrick
06-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
does it have the nutrition info on the food on the package?

i make that bread a "custom food" on fitday with the nutrient breakdown that is on the package.

:withstupi

bradley
06-14-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by technogeeky

I wish it did, but it doesn't. I wonder if the Grocery Store has a label for it? Hmm!

If it is the deli meat that you get sliced then the nutrition information will be on the side of the wrapping. If you ask the person slicing the meat I am sure they will let you have a look. This site is also helpful when trying to find out the calorie content of different foods.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR15/sr15.html

Brandon7775643
06-14-2003, 11:46 PM
If you don't have the nutritional information, the best you can do is approximate by selecting the closest match that fitday has. For most things, this will be "close enough" for a occasional consumption. Remember, this isn't an exact science.

However, for things that you eat often, it would be best to ask the deli for a nutritional breakdown. Even just an ingredient list can be useful, as it will tell you there are lots of added sugars, salt, etc. Again though, don't sweat the details. Just get as close as you can.