PDA

View Full Version : Enough protein on a cut?

JustinASU
06-14-2003, 08:32 PM
How do you guys get 1.5 grams of protein on a cut?? I am cutting on 3000 cals right now and I'm having trouble even with protein supps unless I just eat chicken all day...I need some more variety all I have is tuna/chicken/eggs/oats/ww bread.

GhettoSmurf
06-14-2003, 09:17 PM
well, try to get some protein in every meal (even though that's obvious)

when you guys are counting your protein (as in per pound of bodyweight) do you guys go by complete protein AND incomplete protein? i mean, im getting like 280g's of protein, but that includes incomplete proteins.

SoulOfKoRea
06-14-2003, 09:50 PM
lean steaks.

I go by both complete and complementary proteins.

LAM
06-14-2003, 10:39 PM
I don't count incomplete proteins. most have poor amino acid profiles, with little BCAA content...

Saint Patrick
06-15-2003, 03:10 AM
LAM!!!! Where the hell have you been?

Silverback
06-15-2003, 03:54 AM
He's been pimping as usual :)

LAM's right dont bother counting the incomplete sources. The variety of what you can eat is endless, chicken, beef, whey, tuna, turkey, soy milk, nuts, egg whites, cottage cheese, take your pick!

bradley
06-15-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
when you guys are counting your protein (as in per pound of bodyweight) do you guys go by complete protein AND incomplete protein? i mean, im getting like 280g's of protein, but that includes incomplete proteins.

There really is no such thing as incomplete and complete proteins as most all proteins do contain all of the essential AAs, but some proteins are limited by their content of certain AAs. This is the where the term limiting AA comes from. If you are consuming a variety of proteins this should not be an issue, and therefor if you want an accurate measure of your protein intake you should count all the protein that you consume, including proteins from vegetables, grains, etc.

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/protein-01.htm

bradley
06-15-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by JustinASU
How do you guys get 1.5 grams of protein on a cut?? I am cutting on 3000 cals right now and I'm having trouble even with protein supps unless I just eat chicken all day...I need some more variety all I have is tuna/chicken/eggs/oats/ww bread.

There really is no need to get more than 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

What about throwing in some lean cuts of beef or adding lean ground beef? That might help with the variety issue:)

GhettoSmurf
06-15-2003, 05:43 AM
tuna - almost totally protein :)

eat a can of that a day ;)

LAM
06-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Saint Patrick
LAM!!!! Where the hell have you been?

I've been job hunting for the past couple of months...

JustinASU
06-15-2003, 04:23 PM
tuna - almost totally protein

Good god I eat about 3 small cans of tuna a day and I might start having trouble keeping it down I'm so tired of the bland fishy taste...

LAM
06-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by JustinASU

Good god I eat about 3 small cans of tuna a day and I might start having trouble keeping it down I'm so tired of the bland fishy taste...

some olive oil and mustard will take care of that...

bradley
06-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by LAM

some olive oil and mustard will take care of that...

or some Tabasco and Mrs. Dash:p