PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day slip-up?

technogeeky
06-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Hey folks,

Tonight is Father's Day (if you didn't know) and as per family tradition, we have a leg of lamb with potatoes and asparagus, etc.. tonight.

And usually a chocolate roll cake (yum!)

So the roll cake is out for me. That's fine. But how bad is lamb and/or potatoes?

I already had 2! bad meals this week - I'm trying to stay at one.

Let me know what I should do.

TheGimp
06-15-2003, 01:17 PM
I'm in the same position, had greasy chinese as a celebratory dinner and tomorrow gonna go out with friends to celebrate end of exams which will no doubt involve alcohol. Not going to be a huge disaster I know, live a little etc., but it does feel like I've completely written off this week as worthwhile

I think I may do a pre-emptive strike and do some cardio tomorrow

As for your situation... I'm sure the protein in the lamb will count for something. Personally I would have avoided the potatoes and stuffed myself with asparagus :p Don't get too worked up over it... move on and use it to motivate yourself to work extra hard!

GhettoSmurf
06-15-2003, 01:50 PM
just enjoy it man. just dont go overboard.

GhettoSmurf
06-15-2003, 01:54 PM
some hints:

-drink a good amount of water while your eating.
-dont be in a race to finish, take your time, enjoy conversation with others.
-if you are going to go overboard, try to go overboard on the asparagus as it is a lot more fibrous and less calorie-dense then the potatoes.

and most important....

.... have a good time :D

technogeeky
06-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Seriously..

This meridia is quite amazing. I'm never hungry anymore, I'm just eating becuase I need to to be healthy. I'm not really that interested in ice cream, etc... anymore.

I am going to have 4 slices of lamb, 1 or 2 potatoes (they are small, chopped.. like an inch cubed) just for taste, and then about 8 or 9 things of asparagus :)

Thanks!

Brandon7775643
06-15-2003, 02:26 PM
When I know I'm about to cheat, I have a bowl of oatmeal an hour or so before my actual meal. That way I'm not as hungry, and controlling portion size is a lot easier.

That said, there are times when you should just not worry n' enjoy yourself.