PDA

View Full Version : Post workout shake (Dextrose ?)

mzancz
06-16-2003, 11:55 AM
I have a quick question. For my post workout shake, I was going to have some Whey Protien, Creatine, and dextrose. This seems to be the populare mixture for everyone. My question was is it ok, to mix all that together in milk. I ususally take my protein shake in mike fo rthe extra calories, but I was wondering if it is ok for the dextrose and creatine to be thrown in there with the protein in milk. Also my protien in the Vanilla Ice Cream.

raniali
06-16-2003, 12:22 PM
milk is fine after a workout as long as you use skim (you want to minimize fats in the post workout shake). you can add dextrose and creatine to it as well ... but creatine is better assimilated with a higher GI solution (like grape juice).

i have no idea what you are asking about Vanilla Ice Cream.

mzancz
06-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Sorry, I meant to say my protein is the Optimum Whey Vanilla Ice cream flavor. I will also be using skim milk.

GhettoSmurf
06-16-2003, 12:56 PM
IMHO i'd just have it all mixed with water. why let the milk slow down the adsorbtion when you can just mix it in water?

Ace
06-16-2003, 01:35 PM
:withstupi:

LAM
06-16-2003, 05:44 PM
ditto...

screw taste, eat for function and not for flavor

GhettoSmurf
06-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by LAM
ditto...

screw taste, eat for function and not for flavor

eat to live, not live to eat :)

T-Bone976
06-17-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by raniali
milk is fine after a workout as long as you use skim (you want to minimize fats in the post workout shake). you can add dextrose and creatine to it as well ... but creatine is better assimilated with a higher GI solution (like grape juice).

i have no idea what you are asking about Vanilla Ice Cream.

Dextose is about as high GI as you can get. :redface: You can purchase it at the protein factory; it's a lot cheaper than buying Cell-Tech, Phosphagen HP, etc....

bradley
06-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by T-Bone976

Dextose is about as high GI as you can get. :redface: You can purchase it at the protein factory; it's a lot cheaper than buying Cell-Tech, Phosphagen HP, etc....

If you have a place in your home town that sells home brewing supplies I would check there before purchasing online.