PDA

View Full Version : My New Diet

Jagarus
06-16-2003, 04:59 PM
I designed a new diet. Please tell me if this is a correct diet for me or not.

Breakfast - Bowl of cereal with 2% milk

Lunch - 2 peanut butter Sandwiches and a Starkist Tuna sandwich on french bread.

Dinner- Chicken, rice and veggies.

Snacks in between: Apples or Bananas. V8 Splash drink

Any suggestions?

I am 5'10" and 150lbs.

snow
06-16-2003, 05:18 PM
From what I've been reading around here, make sure you are consuming natural peanut butter. And you're only about an inch and 10 pounds smaller than me, and if you're trying to bulk up like me, eat A LOT more. I'm trying to consume between 2,800-4,000 calories a day.

Jagarus
06-16-2003, 05:36 PM
Im actually trying to LOSE fat around my stomach. What brand peanut butter?

SoulOfKoRea
06-16-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Jagarus
I designed a new diet. Please tell me if this is a correct diet for me or not.

Breakfast - Bowl of cereal with 2% milk

Lunch - 2 peanut butter Sandwiches and a Starkist Tuna sandwich on french bread.

Dinner- Chicken, rice and veggies.

Snacks in between: Apples or Bananas. V8 Splash drink

Any suggestions?

I am 5'10" and 150lbs.

sorry, but there is no "correct" diet for anybody, you have to experiment and change everything according to your current goals

but for starters, here are some things to look into;

1) breakfast, depending on the type of cereal, you might want to look into a different food here because of the simple sugars, lose the 2% milk and get skim, but still has some sugar.

2) whole wheat bread or whole grain bread instead of white/french bread

3) natural peanut butter instead of jif/skippy/etc

4) brown rice instead of white rice

5) more protein - try to get protein in every meal, more efa's - supplement with fish oils, snack on nuts instead/with fruits

6) slowly lower your calories until you are under 500 from maintenance level

7) eat more often, 5-6 small meals a day beats 3 large ones

GhettoSmurf
06-16-2003, 07:10 PM
excellent post SoulOfKoRea

Jagarus
06-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the help!:D Ill plan a good diet right away.

bradley
06-17-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea
7) eat more often, 5-6 small meals a day beats 3 large ones

3 meals a day is fine, but eating more often can help with appetite control.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32700&highlight=meal+frequency

Jagarus
06-25-2003, 07:55 PM
BTW, does drinking 2 cups of lowfat chocolate milk add alot of fat?

I used to drink 2 cups at night as a midnight snack.:alcoholic

pruneman
06-25-2003, 08:34 PM
BTW, does drinking 2 cups of lowfat chocolate milk add alot of fat?

I used to drink 2 cups at night as a midnight snack.:alcoholic

Chocolate milk has a lot of sugar and a good deal of fat. My nightly snack is a cup of cottage cheese and some natty pb. Cottage cheese contains casien (sp*) protein which is broken down over a longer period of time than other types. This will supply your body with a steady flow of protein throughout the night. The fat from the pb also helps slow absorption...and it tastes good:D.

Also, I would ditch the V8 splash. it is very high in sugar. Good snack ideas that i use are things like pb sandwiches, apples and pb, cottage cheese and berries, oatmeal and whey, nuts, and did i mention natural PB:D The key to all these snacks is that they contain protein and fat...both of which work very well at supressing your appetite.

Soulofkorea's post was pretty much right on. I personally like to eat 5-6 smaller meals a day because it allows your body to constantly have a source of energy.

Jagarus
06-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Is natural pb available at like Albertsons, Publix?

pruneman
06-25-2003, 08:59 PM
I've never heard of those stores, but I have never gone into a grocery store that does not carry natural peanut butter...at least any that i can remember. Smuckers makes a natty pb, but i have found others to be better...my personal favorite is crazy richards. If you are unable to find it at the grocery store, a health food store would definately have it.

bradley
06-26-2003, 02:33 AM
Is natural pb available at like Albertsons, Publix?

I know that Publix carries natty pb.

SoulOfKoRea
06-26-2003, 07:14 AM
Publix and Kroger carry their own brands of natty peanut butter as well, I find these mix better(more oil) than smuckers :)

Publix's is called Traditional Peanut Butter
Kroger's is called Natural Peanut Butter

Jagarus
06-26-2003, 03:48 PM
If I stop the milk, and do HIIT, will I notice results?

SoulOfKoRea
06-26-2003, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't stop the milk completely, it's still good, just make sure you're under maintenance at the end of the day.

doing HIIT will bring results faster

bradley
06-26-2003, 04:52 PM
If I stop the milk, and do HIIT, will I notice results?

Sure this will help because of the fact that you will be taking in less calories and increasing the amount of calories that you burn each day.

Although as Soul of Korea stated, calorie balance at the end of the day will be the determing factor.

Jagarus
06-26-2003, 06:11 PM
I want to lose bodyfat really. Is about 1750-2000 calories a day good?

Pics: This is where I am at right now: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33525

I am 5'9", 150lbs.

bradley
06-26-2003, 06:25 PM

I am 5'9", 150lbs.

Well it would depend on metabolism, activity level, etc. I would just decrease cals in small increments each week until you are losing the desired amount of weight each week (~1lb). Just be careful not to cut cals and add in a large amount of cardio at once, which could lead to LBM losses.

SoulOfKoRea
06-26-2003, 07:24 PM

try to keep calorie intake at the same amount each day

Jagarus
06-30-2003, 09:37 PM
This is what I am eating everyday.

http://www.animepioneer.com/stats.gif

Does everything seem fine? My stats:

150lbs
5'9"
Trying to lose fat around the gut.

bradley
07-01-2003, 03:38 AM
You might increase the fat content to ~25%. You could cut the protien to ~150g to accomplish this or drop the carbs a little.

Although if most of that 20% is coming in the form of healthy fats(EFAs) then that is probably fine.