PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much fat?

harryhoudini66
06-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Can you guys take a look at my food intake today and let me know if I am eating too much fat? Most of the fat I ate today is from a Natty PB sandwich and Fish Oil caps.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=harryhoudini66

You help is greatly appreciated.

snow
06-17-2003, 06:17 PM
I don't know, but today I had 130 grams! :eek: Then again, I had over 4,400 calories :(

SoulOfKoRea
06-17-2003, 06:32 PM
I don't think that's right because most of the fat in natty peanut butter is monounsaturated, but it says you only had 1 Cal throughout the day.

the macro breakdown doesn't matter(that much), as long as you're getting in plenty of efa's instead of saturated and trans fats then keep at it

harryhoudini66
06-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks. Yeah I have no idea what the break down is for the PB and Fish Oil Fat. I will search the net and see if I can find anything.

bradley
06-18-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea
I don't think that's right because most of the fat in natty peanut butter is monounsaturated, but it says you only had 1 Cal throughout the day.

Peanut butter contains ~16g of total fat per serving of which, 7.7g are monounsaturated, 4.4g are polyunsaturated, and 3.3 are saturated.

bradley
06-18-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by harryhoudini66
Can you guys take a look at my food intake today and let me know if I am eating too much fat? Most of the fat I ate today is from a Natty PB sandwich and Fish Oil caps.

IMO you are not eating too much fat and you could probably stand to throw in a few more grams of fish oil or maybe a little olive oil.

There is really no such thing as too much fat, unless you are referring to saturated fat or trans fats.

bradley
06-18-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by harryhoudini66
Thanks. Yeah I have no idea what the break down is for the PB and Fish Oil Fat. I will search the net and see if I can find anything.

The breakdown of the fish oil would depend on the brand and the amount of fish oil per serving.