PDA

View Full Version : maybe i'll try this

karkid
06-17-2003, 11:52 PM
so tomorrow morning i'm gonna try this, i need some exercise cause i feel lazy compared to when i used to be more active, i feel like a big puddle of blehhh

k so

18 years old
5'9"
i'll get an exact weight tomorrow, somewhere south of 250 lbs
no job and i'm bored as hell, i need something to do

Right now I feel fat, people say i'm not but i don't care cause i just feel disgusting, like i wish i could take a shower and wash my body away

I like to eat and I have to change that, plus i'm unmotivated and lazy, i know this, i just need the change it.

I also recognized that I am an emotional eater, when i get sad/mad/depressed I want to eat and i don't care what, something triggers it but now that I know this I should be able to stop myself.

So yeah I started ordering Diet to Go a couple weeks ago, the food is edible and already all done for me, with a piece of paper with the nutrition facts, so I have no reason to not eat healthy. Mix this with several protein shakes throughout the day and I should have a good diet, tell me what you think.

Wake up with 20g Nitrotech shake
cardio
20g shake
1st D2G meal, around 300-400 cals, 10g pro, 65g carb, 5ish g fat
2nd D2G meal, 400ish cals, 20-30g pro, 60g carb, under 10g fat
3rd D2G meal, 400-500 cals, 20-40g pro, 60g carb, 5-20g fat
20g shake

Somewhere in this day, prolly in the afternoon 1-4ish time, lift, 40g shake, and more cardio and another 20g shake somewhere

This equals about 1800 calories a day, more or less depending on whats in the D2G stuff, with about around 30 g fat, 200 g carb, and 165 g protein, depending on day.

It looks a little low, but my doctor told me 1500 calories minimum so this should be alright, if i do get hungry, i dont know how i would with 6 to 7 meals, then i can always throw in a shake/bar/sandwhich and put it around 2000 calories.

According to what I read, maintenance for me is around 3500 calories, so this would account for 3-4 pounds per week of loss if I did this 7 days a week.

Saturday I prolly wont lift and more than likely i'll mess up my diet, Sunday who knows, have to get there first.

So here's to tomorrow, I'm going to bed.

Denny

karkid
06-18-2003, 04:00 PM
i think i'm alergic to whey

i woke up this morning and drank a shake, ran for 20 minutes, and drank another shake just as planned, and almost immediately after/during the second shake my nose started running like nuts and now my face is in a huge allergy kick, this sucks i try to do something good for myself and look where it ****in gets me

pruneman
06-18-2003, 04:23 PM
hey bro

What are your goals, exactly...loose weight?...put on muscle?

Several comments on your diet...
first, that is not nearly enough cals for someone who is around 250lb. I'm 135 and i shoot for about 2800 cals a day...i'm trying to bulk up, but 2800 isn't that much for a person who weighs 250.
Second, you don't have nearly enough fats in this diet. Fats are a very important part of your diet. They are necessary for the absorption of a number of vitamins and minerals, they make you feel "full" longer, and they are important in the synthesis of a number of several important hormones. Not all fats are created equal though. You want to stear clear of saturated fats like butter, milk fat, most pork products...stuff like that. Some great sources of fat are fish (like salmon), nuts, flax, and natural peanut butter. I eat an entire can of Natty PB in a week...sometimes more. I believe that it is recommended that you keep your fat intake to around 25-30%of your calories.

One last thing...about the "diets 2 go"
I try to avoid prepackaged meals as they are extremely high in sodium. I think you would be much better off preparing food for yourself. You say that you don't have a job and are bored...why not cook yourself up some good food. One thing that will help you loose weight painlessly is eating a lot of food with fiber...oatmeal, yams, veggies, etc.

well, hope that was some help. Good luck with your goals. Keep us posted!

-Prune

karkid
06-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by pruneman
hey bro

What are your goals, exactly...loose weight?...put on muscle?

loose a lot of wieght

Several comments on your diet...
first, that is not nearly enough cals for someone who is around 250lb. I'm 135 and i shoot for about 2800 cals a day...i'm trying to bulk up, but 2800 isn't that much for a person who weighs 250.
Second, you don't have nearly enough fats in this diet. Fats are a very important part of your diet. They are necessary for the absorption of a number of vitamins and minerals, they make you feel "full" longer, and they are important in the synthesis of a number of several important hormones. Not all fats are created equal though. You want to stear clear of saturated fats like butter, milk fat, most pork products...stuff like that. Some great sources of fat are fish (like salmon), nuts, flax, and natural peanut butter. I eat an entire can of Natty PB in a week...sometimes more. I believe that it is recommended that you keep your fat intake to around 25-30%of your calories.

ok

One last thing...about the "diets 2 go"
I try to avoid prepackaged meals as they are extremely high in sodium. I think you would be much better off preparing food for yourself. You say that you don't have a job and are bored...why not cook yourself up some good food. One thing that will help you loose weight painlessly is eating a lot of food with fiber...oatmeal, yams, veggies, etc.

i'm bored but i know that at least for a while, if its not there and ready i'm gonna go grab whatever i can find or just go get subway. its hard to keep my stuff stocked and seperated, my family has a lack of respect and whats mine is thier's is thier's

but i can say hey that little black tray is mine, dont touch it

well, hope that was some help. Good luck with your goals. Keep us posted!

-Prune

Thanks and i'll try

pruneman
06-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by karkid

i'm bored but i know that at least for a while, if its not there and ready i'm gonna go grab whatever i can find or just go get subway. its hard to keep my stuff stocked and seperated, my family has a lack of respect and whats mine is thier's is thier's

but i can say hey that little black tray is mine, dont touch it

I completely understand your situation on that one dude. It's the same way in my house. I have found, however, that nobody seems to touch the food i eat...they all think it's nasty:D. I really just have a feeling that those "little black trays" you talk of are never going to be able to fill you up and you'll be diggin into the junk food. Could you at least try to make one or two of your meals for yourself? For example...Breakfast: 1 cup of quick oats, 1 Tbs PB, and 1 scoop of whey (or some egg whites). mixing all of those things together is actuallypretty good. The total for a meal like that is about 500cals and i guarentee it will keep your tummy from growling for a while....And if your house is anything like mine, nobody will be rushing to steal your quick oats and whey:p
Also, for the weight loss, it might help to create just a slight calorie deficite and work out hard in the gym. Personally, i find it easier to stick to a program if i'm not starving while i'm doing it. Just my personal thoughts.
Hope some of this is helpful.
Keep the posts a-comin'

-Prune

BTW subway can be very healthy if you want it to be.

Scott S
06-18-2003, 08:08 PM
:spam:

Well good luck karkid. Keep us posted on everything.

FWIW, I have *never* had any problems keeping my oatmeal and canned salmon to myself. ;)

Also, unless you already have a decent amount of muscle, it may be possible for you to gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously in the beginning.

karkid
06-18-2003, 09:47 PM
i gotta stick with the diet to go for another week, since its what i have stocked

i've been lifting for 4 years, so i've got a little muscle on my bones, not what should be, but there is some there

karkid
06-18-2003, 09:51 PM
oh and as far as today goes

i had an allergy attack after i went running outside, so i didn't lift or do anymore cardio, just been blowing my nose, i think it was the high mold count, that was about 10 hours ago and its still buggin me

so i ate
40g of why protein shake stuff, nitrotech
diet to go meal 1,2, and 3
lots of water

and ran for 20 minutes right out of bed after a 20g shake

pruneman
06-19-2003, 06:07 AM
Ever try HIIT for cardio?

what are these D2G meals like...anything tasty?
just curious:p

karkid
06-19-2003, 08:02 PM
i've never actually completely understood what HIIT is, explain...

and the D2G meals, it really depends, its more like, what do you think is tasty? Cause the meatloaf last night was a disgusting mess, but i'm not much of a fan of meatloaf, expecially a poultry based one. Some of it is really good, some of it is edible, and some of it sucks, usually its good or edible. Also, the good stuff isn't as good if you dont cook it right.

Good news though, I lost about 10 pounds in 2 weeks, i know thats a lot real fast and prolly a lot of water, but at least i'm doing something right i guess.

I'm still sick from the allergy attack I had. I got accupuncture this morning, its helped some, and i drank at least 100 ounces of water today, cause my doctor told me to drink a lot to flush out my body.

Ate D2G meal 1
Bourbon chicken, potatoes, and carrots at the mall
D2G meal 2
haven't made it to D2G meal 3 yet, only been up 8 hours

and i bought some new shoes : )

pruneman
06-19-2003, 09:19 PM
There are a number of good posts about HIIT on this board. Basically it is interval training. something like 30seconds all out sprints followed by 30 seconds slow recovery. Just repeat this as long as you can...i'm usually beat after 10-15 min. The great thing about HIIT is that it is muscle sparing. I'm pretty sure there are some good threads on HIIT in the training forum.

karkid
06-19-2003, 10:06 PM
cool thanks

karkid
06-20-2003, 01:36 AM
i ate d2g meal 3 around 11ish and i need to slam a sandwich or something lite before i go to bed its 2:35 now so i guess i should be feeling a hunger pang by now anyways

GhettoSmurf
06-20-2003, 04:59 AM
is there a special reason why you eat those d2g meals?

im just sorta curious lol

karkid
06-20-2003, 03:21 PM
cause they are really easy and i get a piece of paper that has all of thier nutritional facts, and it was an easy start to get back into the swing of things, as far as dieting goes

i'm going to discontinue it and start making my own meals, but i needed a few weeks of it to get me started eating somewhat healthy again

karkid
06-21-2003, 12:41 AM
ok so today i ate...

D2G meal 1
graduation party... 1 fried chicken breast
1 sloppy joe sandwhich
1 scoop of cheese potatoes
some veggies and dip
and a salad
and this all fit on one graduation party sized (paper) plate
and a 6" subway - chicken, feta cheese, 1 strip of mayo, and veggies

karkid
06-21-2003, 12:49 AM
Ok tear apart this Arnold Schwarenegger approved weight lifting schedule

Mondee - Chest and Back
Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Straight Arm Pullovers
Chin Ups
Bent Over Rows
Deadlifts
Crunches

Winnsdee - Arms and Shoulders
Barbell Clean and Press
Dumbell Lateral Raises
Heavy Upright Rows
Push Presses
Standing Dumbell Curls
Seated Dumbell Curls
Close Grip Press
Standing Tricep Extensions
Wrist Curls
Reverse Wrist Curls
Reverse Crunches

Fridee - Legs and Lower Back
Squats
Lunges
Leg Curls
Standing Calf Raises
Straightleg Deadlifts
Good Mornings
Crunches

Tear it apart

pruneman
06-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Ok tear apart this Arnold Schwarenegger approved weight lifting schedule

Mondee - Chest and Back
Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Straight Arm Pullovers
Chin Ups
Bent Over Rows
Deadlifts
Crunches

Winnsdee - Arms and Shoulders
Barbell Clean and Press
Dumbell Lateral Raises
Heavy Upright Rows
Push Presses
Standing Dumbell Curls
Seated Dumbell Curls
Close Grip Press
Standing Tricep Extensions
Wrist Curls
Reverse Wrist Curls
Reverse Crunches

Fridee - Legs and Lower Back
Squats
Lunges
Leg Curls
Standing Calf Raises
Straightleg Deadlifts
Good Mornings
Crunches

Tear it apart
personally, i find it difficult to do chest and back on the same day because they are both major muscle groups. I do chest and tris on one day then back and bis on another. Also, the same for the legs. I like to give them their own day. I personally perfer to workout 4 days a week. My routine looks something like this: Mon: chest/tri
Tues: Back/bis
Wed: off
Thurs: shoulders/abs
Fri: legs
Sat/Sun: off

This has been working very well for me, but the arnold program doesnt look too awful either. Hope that was some help.

karkid
06-21-2003, 10:00 PM
ok food for today

D2G meal 2
can of tuna
D2G meal 3
1/2 natty pb sand on whole wheat bread
whole natty pb on ditto
lotta wata

skipped D2G meal one cause i woke up at like 2 in the afternoon and didn't feel like eating breakfast stuff

I tried a little HIIT

ran a 400m
sprinted 100m
walked 300m
sprinted 100m
walked 300m
jogged/walked 400m

i'm outta shape and this can kick your ass, anyways, that one mile was the longest mile in a long time, took 15 minutes, i'm slow

night

pruneman
06-22-2003, 09:21 AM
gotta love that HIIT

JustinASU
06-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Hey bro, looks like you're getting a solid start to getting back in shape. I've heard HIIT works wonders for fat burning and I'm FINALLY gonna incorporate some into my routine this week. I think that routine looks solid although it is a decent amount of volume. I personally am with pruneman, I like a 4 day split. I do:
day1-chest/tris, day2 legs, day3-off, day4-back/bis, day5-shoulders/deadlift, day 6 and 7-off

I just started this split, I think I stole it from Belial but it's great.

btw are you tracking your caloric intake??

karkid
06-22-2003, 03:26 PM
yeh i am i just havent been putting it on here

and thats what i need is recommendations!! thanks for your split, i'm not starting til tomorrow so this is what i needed, all ideas are welcome

karkid
06-22-2003, 09:52 PM
k so today, woke up and did cardio before i ate anything

ran and walked a lap around, added a couple block long sprints in just to try and do the "high intensity" thing, i forgot my watch so i dont know how long it took, but it was about a mile and a half

cheat/bulk day i ate
handfull of chexmix
salami sandwich, about 3/8" if hard salami, 1 piece of deli cheese, mayo, on whole wheat bread
hooters dinner - strip cheese and bacon sandwich
bowl if fettichini alfredo with broccoli and chicken
bout 6/8 oz gatorade
bunch of water

karkid
06-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Workout:

Bench Press 3 sets, 135x10, 145x8, 145x8
Incline DB Press 3 sets, 80x10, 90x10, 90x10
Machine Pressdown (triceps) 60x10, 60x10

I'm weak, i used to lift a lot more, but I wasn't in it, and i've been out of the game for too long, I'll be back!!!

cardio- jogged 400m, did 4 10 second sprints with 1 minute inbetween, prolly a total of 7 minutes.

Diet:

cup of corn flakes, cup of 2% milk (told my mom to buy skim)
two packs of tuna in water, four pieces of 100% wheat bread
4ish ounces of gatorade
6" subway, wheat bread, chicken, feta cheese, one strip of mayo, mediteranean sauce (oil base), lettuce, tomato, pickles, olives

Not too bad, I forgot to thaw the D2G meals so I had to do my own thing today. I canceled the D2G meals from shipping so pretty soon here I'll be making all my own meals, and I'll have to come up with some new math.

I got told my face looks thinner yesterday, sweet.

pruneman
06-24-2003, 09:45 AM

I canceled the D2G meals from shipping so pretty soon here I'll be making all my own meals, and I'll have to come up with some new math.

Good call bro

I got told my face looks thinner yesterday, sweet.

Sweet!

karkid
06-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Workout:

Bent Over Rows 100x10 105x10 110x10
Lat Pulldown 100x10 100x10 110x6

Standing Dumbell Curls 30x7 30x7 30x4
Seated Dumbell Curls 25x5 25x5 25x4

I am so much weaker then I used to be when i lifted consistently, this sucks.

I was tired today too, but, after driving 2 hours to fill out an application, just so it could be faxed to Kansas City. I will probably be getting a job working at power plants around the midwest. I won't be on the internet near as often so I guess I'll have to keep a paper journal. I dont know if I'll be able to exercise if I get this job (12-16 hour shifts) but if I can then I will cause most power plants have gyms for thier employees.
So yeah, I'll finally get my Grand National riding on airbags, running 400+hp, and lookin hella good doin it.

Enough of that.

Diet:
D2G meal 1
D2G meal 2
one piece of frozen pizza, pep with canned mushrooms on it
natty pb sandwich ww bread
oops, 12" subway, same as always, wheat bread, chicken feta cheese and yadda, its always the same
I'm going to eat something else now umm a salad, with ranch
and a taco, only hard shell and meat

I've had bad cravings today, i dont know why but it sucks.

karkid
06-25-2003, 01:52 AM
I fell through and gave into my cravings, had a diet mountain dew and some beef jerky. Where do you get your willpower from? I don't even eat beef jerky on a normal freakin basis, but for some reason I wanted it.

But to add to the exercise, i did walk 2 miles tonight.

pruneman
06-25-2003, 06:18 AM
I fell through and gave into my cravings, had a diet mountain dew and some beef jerky. Where do you get your willpower from? I don't even eat beef jerky on a normal freakin basis, but for some reason I wanted it.

But to add to the exercise, i did walk 2 miles tonight.

Hey man, dont bum out over a diet soda and beef jerkey. Jerkey's a great source of lean protein (a little high in sodium, but still pretty good) and the only thing you got out of the dew is a little caffine....no probs here!

Keep up the good work man. Cravings happen...I don't see a problem with giving in every once in a while as long as you don't go overboard. Sometimes giving in to the cravings a little helps keep you dedicated to your program because you don't feel like you're on as strict of a diet....And if your craving beef jerkey and diet soda, I would definately not feel guilty at all! :D

karkid
06-25-2003, 10:07 PM
Didn't workout, might still walk or run in town later who knows, its only 11pm : )

Didn't eat that great today. Not horrible though. I need more calories, a lot more.

D2G meals 1,2,3 = 1200 calories
salad with ranch tuna and croutons = 100-200? calories
peanut buster parfait from dq= way too many, holy **** i just looked it up, 730 calories sob i'm never ever eating one of those again!!!

i think thats it, but i'm gonna have a tuna sandwich later so another 250

so thats a whole 2400 horribly not clean calories. Wow that dairy queen surprised me damn.

I need to finish this damn D2G food sittin in the freezer so I can start cookin my own food.

I weighed myself on my home scale today, not at the doctor, and it said 244. Soooo, 250x12= 3000 kcal, thats what i should be getting if i wanna be cutting. Gotta design a 6 to 8 meal diet around that, i think i'm going to design an 8 meal just cause i like eating every 2 hours or less : )

karkid
06-27-2003, 12:41 AM
God i'm drunk

Ate
D2G meal1,2
medium rare bacon cheese burger and cheese fries
and like 13 or 14 beers and a melon ball, whatever that is

went out with a girl and she made me drink, drunk

no work out

bye

karkid
06-28-2003, 05:06 PM
ok so i got my wisdom teeth out yesterday, and so my diet sucked yesterday, and i'm just gonna blow off this weekend and party it up and eat average food, nothin horrible but ya know, today i have 2 grad parties and stuff, tomorrow's i'm in a parade

so yeh, and i'll be getting drunk too, yay, got a fifth of jagger sittin in the car waitin til i start hittin the parties