PDA

View Full Version : Protien? Calories?

Lox
06-18-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm in a bad mood and didn't really feel like looking through every thread in diet and nutrition that involved protien and calories. But I have a couple very simple questions....

1. Caloric Intake is based on how many calories I currently have per day and my goal? Or is there some 'formula' for figuring out optimal caloric intake??

Cutting: Eat less calories than normal or maintenance.
Bulking: Eat more calories than normal or maintenance.

2. Protien: One should consume roughly.. 1.4g of protien per kg... or 1g of protien per lb. Correct?

3. If I'm bulking does fat and carbohydrates really make that much difference??

Thanks in advance.

bradley
06-18-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Lox
1. Caloric Intake is based on how many calories I currently have per day and my goal? Or is there some 'formula' for figuring out optimal caloric intake??

The best way to figure out your cals is to adjust them up/down in small increments until you are losing/gaining the desired amount each week. The formulas at best can be used as a rough estimate.

Cutting: Eat less calories than normal or maintenance.
Bulking: Eat more calories than normal or maintenance.

:nod:

2. Protien: One should consume roughly.. 1.4g of protien per kg... or 1g of protien per lb. Correct?

1g per lb. of bw would be fine

3. If I'm bulking does fat and carbohydrates really make that much difference??

No not really, as long as you are taking in adequate amounts of protein and EFAs. Other than protein and EFAs overall calories will be the main determing factor as to LBM/fat gain.

GhettoSmurf
06-18-2003, 02:18 PM
you wouldnt need to look through every thread. its called the "search" button

YatesNightBlade
06-19-2003, 04:47 AM
I love your avatar GhettoSmurf !!!

GhettoSmurf
06-19-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by YatesNightBlade
I love your avatar GhettoSmurf !!!

thank-you ;)

Lox
06-19-2003, 01:59 PM
If you do a search for calories and protien.... pretty much every thread in Diet And Nutrition comes up, cause most of them mention calories and\or protien somewhere :)

GhettoSmurf
06-19-2003, 06:04 PM
do a search by title

Lox
06-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Search button seems busted right now though.. or maybe thats just me. *shrugs*