PDA

View Full Version : Bodyfat % time estimate

Monster Muscle
06-18-2003, 10:22 PM
How long do you think it would take to go from 20% to 9-7% bodyfat. just a i guess

my guess is 6 months to a year when done the proper way. NO DRUGS

bradley
06-19-2003, 02:36 AM
It would all depend on the person and how much fat they had to lose. Some people are able to lose fat more easily than others, but your guess is as good as mine.

There are a lot of factors to consider when trying to determine questions like the one above. Things to consider would be what your body's natural set point is, how long have you been dieting, etc.

YatesNightBlade
06-19-2003, 04:36 AM
You'll probably lose 5% pretty quick, but after that it gets harder as your body fights to hold onto what it's got.

Monster Muscle
06-20-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by bradley
It would all depend on the person and how much fat they had to lose. Some people are able to lose fat more easily than others, but your guess is as good as mine.

There are a lot of factors to consider when trying to determine questions like the one above. Things to consider would be what your body's natural set point is, how long have you been dieting, etc.

um.. im at 17% right now, i ve been dieting for like 2 months now. tryin to get to like 9-8 %

bradley
06-20-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Monster Muscle

um.. im at 17% right now, i ve been dieting for like 2 months now. tryin to get to like 9-8 %

If you are still decreasing weight at a good rate then I would stick with the diet, but eventually I would recommend incorporating refeeds into your diet. This would probably become beneficial when you are down to sub 15% bf, and taking a week off of dieting can also be beneficial when you have been dieting for extended periods of time. The week off would allow your metabolism time to "reset" so to speak and possibly allow for a little muscle growth.

Here an article on refeeds. I am sure you have seen it, but I thought I would post it anyway.:)

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article18.htm

JIG
06-20-2003, 02:54 AM
good question....I was wonder the same thing.....I have the same problem....and your right seems like your not making any progress really sux...I KNOW....

galileo
06-20-2003, 07:16 AM
I went from 18% to 10% in about 3 months. Just learn how to diet.

BobbyRS
06-20-2003, 08:20 AM
Like bradley said, it depends on the individual. I went from 18% to 8% in 8 weeks. Details here:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31406

It got really hard once I got below 14%. Refeeds and small breaks where my savior then.

Saint Patrick
06-20-2003, 10:24 PM
It took me 6 mos to go from 19% to about 9%. I could have done it in less time if I knew then what I know now.