PDA

View Full Version : Working out but no diet!

Vvitto
08-19-2001, 06:18 PM
Hi

I have been working out for 4 years bu I have never had a diet regimen.
Could anyone please outline a diet regimen for a daily use so I can try it out!

There are so many opinion about diets that makes me confuse to which way to go.

Please just tell me what should I eat and what should I do not eat.

I work out 4 times a week and do run 4 times a week to.

I am in good shape and my goal is to just tone and cut a little bit of fat on my lower abs..My upper abs look very good so.

Thanks for any input.

Tryska
08-20-2001, 08:22 AM
hmm....if you've been working out that much consistently for 4 years and haven't thinned out, then i would think you need to cut some calories.

I guess the best way to do that would be to keep a log of everything you eat in a normal week. Tally up the macronutrients and calorie count for each day, and subtract 250 cals from that amount... to start.

an alternative way would be to just start practicing mindfulness with what you put in your mouth.....make sure you get good sources of fat (olive oil, canola oil), stay away from processed foods containing hydrogenated oils and soybean oils, start replacing simple carbs with more complex ones (whole grain breads as opposed to white bread, brown rice as opposed to white, oats instead of the usual breakfast cereals, pleanty of fresh vegetables and fruits), and make sure you get adequate protein in your diet (minimum being 1gm/kg bodyweight - although i would aim for more like 1gm/lb). and watch your sugar intake (including alcohol)