PDA

View Full Version : planning your diet

karkid
06-19-2003, 08:37 PM
I know the ideal thing is to plan your meals ahead of time.

Do most of you plan your meals ahead of time? How many days do you plan? Tomorrow? 3 days? A week?

Do you plan what you will eat for x amount of days then go shopping and buy it all?

GhettoSmurf
06-19-2003, 09:03 PM
i usually plan my meas a day ahead, but since ive been doing it for so long i basically can judge for myself about how much i eat.

harryhoudini66
06-19-2003, 10:19 PM
I plan them two days in advance. It sometimes takes me about an hour since I try to hit 40/40/20 every day and get a good variety.

bradley
06-20-2003, 02:30 AM
I usually eat pretty much the same thing day in and day out so it is really easy for me to plan my meals. When cooking my evening meal I also cook what I need for the next day so I guess you could say that I prepare meals one day in advance. As far as grocery shopping I just keep a list on the fridge and add items to it over the course of the week, and at the end of the week it is time to go shopping.:)

SoulOfKoRea
06-20-2003, 07:13 AM
before my 3 month plan, I wrote down what I would eat and when, everyday, the only thing that changes is I switch peanuts, almonds, and other nuts interchangeably, and my dinner varies from steak/chicken/eggs/fish + salads/celery/other veggies

BobbyRS
06-20-2003, 08:11 AM
I basically eat the same foods everyday/week. All my meals until dinner are usually the same (breakfast, lunch, snacks, pre/post wo shakes). I do have different types I can alternate with, but it just depends on what my goals are for my diet at the time (cut/bulk/maint).

As for dinners, I pretty much know what I am going to have a week ahead of time. It isn't the same foods everyday, but I have a variety I stick with during the week. I usually buy anywhere from 5-7 different dinners for the week. Depending on what I feel like having that evening and what my calorie level is currently, I can chose from the 5-7 dinners I have already picked out. Depending on what my calorie goal is for the day, I know what dinners I can have because I know exactly what the nutritional values and calories are for each meal.