PDA

View Full Version : tuna in the pouch > canned tuna

YMB
06-20-2003, 07:29 AM
I don't eat the canned sh|t anymore and have become addicted to the "no drain pouch". Just wondering if everyone has tried this ?

Ace
06-20-2003, 07:38 AM
I have tried it, but it is too expensive IMO.

BobbyRS
06-20-2003, 08:15 AM
It tastes great, even when eating it by itself, but like Ace said, it is too expensive. Plus the tuna I like to eat is the Tuna in water only with no salt (just tuna and water as the ingredient). I haven't seen that one in the pouches yet. Usually all I can find are the plain (with salt) and flavored types.

GhettoSmurf
06-20-2003, 10:26 AM
is it basically the same stuff? just already drained?

pruneman
06-20-2003, 10:37 AM
I like it...not any more than i like the canned stuff, but its easy. I would agree that it is WAY too expensive.

bradley
06-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
is it basically the same stuff? just already drained?

Yes, it is the same product, but since it is vacuum packed it has a firmer texture than the canned tuna. It is a good product but I agree that it is too expensive compared to the canned tuna.

IceRgrrl
06-20-2003, 11:40 AM
I agree...the pouch is convenient but I'm not willing to pay extra just for the fancy packaging. Otherwise, it's the same stuff.

AdamGberg
06-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
I agree...the pouch is convenient but I'm not willing to pay extra just for the fancy packaging. Otherwise, it's the same stuff.

:nod:

an extra dollar a tuna packet is not worth it just to drain it into the sink...:rolleyes:

drew
06-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Much better, but for the volume the average WBB member consumes, way too expensive.

Scott S
06-20-2003, 06:14 PM
I have absolutely no trouble draining my tuna -- I just open the can a little, and squeeze the can slightly as it drains. Then I open it the rest of the way. I was tempted by the pouches too, but I'm on a very strict budget. :angel:

YMB
06-20-2003, 06:36 PM
you cheap fawks, j/k. I agree with the cost issue, tuna consumption of most people on here would make it WAY to expensive. I buy the ALBACORE and not the tuna. I think that it is great. I buy it in bulk at a wholesale club where it is much cheaper than at the stores. I find that tuna in the can seems like a lesser grade for some reason. Maybe I have just fell for the pretty pouch packaging !!!!!!

Saint Patrick
06-20-2003, 10:29 PM
I also buy white albacore, and I also agree that the pouch is fresher and tastes better, firmer texture, etc.

Furthermore, I agree with everyone who said it's overpriced and the cost outweighs the benefit.

*Cracks open a can o' Bumble Bee*

Sara
06-20-2003, 11:27 PM
I've been walking past those pouches for ages, I'm scared if I try it I'll get addicted...that will result in a costy issue!!

Ferdo
06-22-2003, 03:23 PM
FOr people who just cannot take the taste of tuna like me without puking i would reccomend. THe price is not that much more. Little bit less then double true, but Tuna is cheap anyways. I paid $1.59 for a pouch. Tuna if you get at reqular price is $1.00 a can. FOr me the taste of the bagged tuna outweighs the cost. It is much firmer and seems fresher and does not have that awful smell that makes me gag. For all who can take tuna though your better off with the cans.

Sara
06-22-2003, 10:55 PM
I tried this today after reading this post, and I had a can of tuna with it I think they tasted exactly the same, its all in your mind!!!!!!!