PDA

View Full Version : The perfect diet??

Mic Soloist
06-20-2003, 08:25 AM
I see people coming in here daily(including myself) with questions about their diet. I would like to see Bradley or some other intelligent member post what they consider a perfect BB diet for both cutting and bulking.

A 1800-2000 calorie diet

and

A 2100-2600 calorie diet

Or around that range.

I am currently cutiing and I would like to compare my diet to what some of you would consider a perfect diet for a person trying to attain muscle and stay trim.

Thanks

-peace-

bradley
06-20-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
I see people coming in here daily(including myself) with questions about their diet. I would like to see Bradley or some other intelligent member post what they consider a perfect BB diet for both cutting and bulking.

I do not really consider it to be that simple as narrowing it down to one diet in particular. The ideal diet for for losing bf IMO, would be one that contains adequate amounts of protein (~1g per lb. of bw) and sufficient amount of EFAs while creating a small calorie deficit.

I would recommend protein coming from lean sources such as lean beef, poultry, fish, etc. As far as EFAs go you would want a good ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acids (1:1 ratio is what we evolved on and some consider this to be ideal), and from what I have read ~25% of daily cals from fat is a good percentage to start with. Then just fill in the rest of your cals with some low GI carbs and plenty of veggies. Of course when trying to lose bf you would want to be in a slight calorie deficit, enough of a deficit to lose ~1lb. per week. The amount of weight loss that is recommended per week would be dependant on bf%, and a periodic refeed(s) might also be neccessary as well.

There is no one size fits all diet and different individuals will respond better to different macro ratios, just as people respond differently to the various training methods out there. The best thing is to make subtle changes to your diet so you will know what is working and what is not. Dieting is a trial and error process, and if it was as easy as following one specific diet then there would be a lot less overweight people in the world.

As for a bulking diet it is pretty much the same thing. The only thing you would do different is add in more cals to create a calorie surplus. Ideally you want to find the calorie level at which you are gaining mostly LBM with little or no fat gain.

GhettoSmurf
06-20-2003, 10:28 AM
bradley is exactly right. everyone is different. some people might be able to eat loads of carbs and still stay lean, others might eat some carbs and not be able to stay near as lean. also, when there are different types of diets (CKD, TKD, etc.) that becomes too general of a question as to what the "ultimate diet" is.

pruneman
06-20-2003, 10:39 AM
:withstupi