PDA

View Full Version : High Dairy Diet

PeterParker
06-22-2003, 05:45 AM
Bradley, what are the pros and cons of having a high dairy Diet.

I consume a lot of dairy products and im just wondering about the pros and cons .
cheers GavG

GhettoSmurf
06-22-2003, 05:58 AM
what type of dairy? cheese? milk? what types of the milk/cheese?

PeterParker
06-22-2003, 06:02 AM
Milk- skimmed
Cheese- cottage.Edam.
Yogurts
Eggs

pruneman
06-22-2003, 06:33 AM
Dairy is an excellent source of protein as long as you opt for the low/no-fat variety. Yogurt and milk have higher amounts of sugar so you may want to avoid them if you are on a cut, but for bulking they are great.
Dairy contains casein protein...a slow digesting protein, as apposed to whey which is quickly absorbed. Most dairy products are also fortified with calcium. Calcium is an important ion for muscle contractions. It is what actually allows skeletal muscle to contract during the power stroke (the muscle contraction). So, as a BB you definately don't want to be deficient in calcium.
Well, sorry to run off the topic, but long story short, i would say that dairy is an excellent part of a well balanced diet. The only time i would try to avoid dairy (at least milk and yogurt) is if i were really trying to cut up.

Hope that was a little help PP.

bradley
06-22-2003, 10:59 AM
Cottage cheese and eggs are excellent sources of protein IMO, and I agree that milk and yogurt might not be the best things when cutting, but there is not really anything "bad" about them. Some people also express concerns regarding the way milk is harvested, hormones used in the process etc.

The thread below has some good info about milk that might be of interest:)

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30258&perpage=25&highlight=insulin%20index&pagenumber=1

PeterParker
06-23-2003, 04:30 AM
cheers bradley.