PDA

View Full Version : Ramen Noodles

Saint Patrick
06-22-2003, 03:23 PM
Are these a bodybuilding no-no?

The main ingredient is Enriched Wheat Flour.

I know they're not the ideal carb source, but are they ok?

Edit: let's say I was to make them without the flavoring, that emiminates the argument of the insanely high sodium content.

GhettoSmurf
06-22-2003, 03:27 PM
IMO they arnt that great...

SoulOfKoRea
06-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
IMO they arnt that great...

tell that to the asians! outnumber

seriously though, it's weird how most asians eat white rice / noodles all the time but I rarely see an obese(not just chubby, obese...) asian person :confused:

Saint Patrick
06-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea
it's weird how most asians eat white rice / noodles all the time but I rarely see an obese(not just chubby, obese...) asian person :confused:

Sumo wrestlers??????

Actually from what I hear, they feed them American food, like Big Macs.........

bradley
06-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Saint Patrick

Edit: let's say I was to make them without the flavoring, that emiminates the argument of the insanely high sodium content.

I probably would not make them the staple of my diet, but they are not necessarily "bad." Probably not very filling and could leave you hungry in a short amount of time, but that is the main problem with higher GI foods (appetite control).

GhettoSmurf
06-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea

tell that to the asians! outnumber

seriously though, it's weird how most asians eat white rice / noodles all the time but I rarely see an obese(not just chubby, obese...) asian person :confused:

yes, but remember, americans arnt just obese becuase of WHAT they eat. a lot of them are obese because of HOW MUCH they eat.

Dr of Golf
06-22-2003, 07:39 PM

yes, but remember, americans arnt just obese becuase of WHAT they eat. a lot of them are obese because of HOW MUCH they eat.

God bless those SUPER SIZE deals. :D

icanrace
06-22-2003, 08:08 PM

great question man. I like them too.

mikey4402
06-22-2003, 09:04 PM
they are a reguler in my college life diet:p

Saint Patrick
06-22-2003, 09:37 PM
I was just wondering if I should stock up on these, because I'm poor and I'm bulking. I wasn't sure if they were considered high GI or not. I suppose pasta isn't that much more expensive, and better for bulking.

GonePostal
06-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Get pasta taste better and they don't have questionable ingredients. (Damn that MSG!!@!@!) :)

bradley
06-23-2003, 02:57 AM
I was just wondering if I should stock up on these, because I'm poor and I'm bulking. I wasn't sure if they were considered high GI or not. I suppose pasta isn't that much more expensive, and better for bulking.

After looking around I think Ramen noodles are not high on the GI, and I believe they get ~50 on the GI table. According to the link below:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/trcenter/gilists.html

I still think that you would be better off going with some pasta, sweet potatoes, etc as far as carbs sources go. WW pasta and sweet potatoes have a lot more to offer as far as nutritional value.:)

mantis
06-23-2003, 03:44 AM
I would sugguest you don't drink the broth after you cooked the noodle. Just drain the noodle and eat it dry. Most of the fat ends up in the broth after you cooked the noodle.

GhettoSmurf
06-23-2003, 05:17 AM
are you planning on adding the little packet of flavoring? or just eating the noodles?

bradley
06-23-2003, 08:33 AM
are you planning on adding the little packet of flavoring? or just eating the noodles?

let's say I was to make them without the flavoring, that emiminates the argument of the insanely high sodium content.

:D

GQ79
06-23-2003, 08:42 AM
I normally just eat the noodles and throw in sone olive oil.,...dont use the packets...u see the amout of sodium...my god tuttut