PDA

View Full Version : My Daily Intake, Plz Help Me Make Good Food Choices

darealsmurf86
06-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey im 5'6 and weigh about 140 lbs, im trying to cut and make my mucles show more. an example of what i eat is

TODAY:

morning:
woke up late, had 4 pieces of wheat bread both with turkey and salt
protein drink

snack:
2 little things of yogurt
2 bottles of .5 liter water

lunch:
4 peices of wheat bread
1 can of tuna
protein drink

snack:
2 plums

dinner:
4 pieces of wheat bread
--turkey
--salt
--2 bottles of .5 liter water

... i jus running out of ideas for food, or i alreaedy ate everything good thats healthy. im lookng for food fast to make. thanks for help, plz post

P.S
i eat total cereal, do u thnk thats a good choice?

Saint Patrick
06-22-2003, 09:42 PM
your food choices are not bad, but how much protein are you getting? even with your protein drinks, it looks like you're only around 100g. eat some more protein with your meals, and you'll be okat

darealsmurf86
06-22-2003, 09:50 PM
man i duno how im not gettin enuf, i eat meat like crazy, have all that milk.... what else is good

bradley
06-23-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by darealsmurf86
TODAY:

morning:
woke up late, had 4 pieces of wheat bread both with turkey and salt
protein drink

snack:
2 little things of yogurt
2 bottles of .5 liter water

lunch:
4 peices of wheat bread
1 can of tuna
protein drink

snack:
2 plums

dinner:
4 pieces of wheat bread
--turkey
--salt
--2 bottles of .5 liter water

You definitely need more essential fats in your diet. Try adding in some healthy fats such as fish oil, flax oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, olive oil. I would recommend getting ~25% of you daily cals from fat, and as far as protein goes you should be shooting for about 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

It does not look as though you are taking in very many cals, but this would really depend on your metabolism, activity level, bf%, etc. I would recommend adjusting your cals in small increments each week until you are losing ~1lb. per week.

[/B]
P.S
i eat total cereal, do u thnk thats a good choice? [/B]

Yeah that is fine, but I think oatmeal would be a better choice:)

bradley
06-23-2003, 02:34 AM
man i duno how im not gettin enuf, i eat meat like crazy, have all that milk.... what else is good

Lean beef, eggs, poultry, fish, and protein powder are all good sources of protein.

If you find that you are having trouble getting enough protein in throughout the day, you should try dividing your protein over more meals. I see that you are not eating protein in your two snacks so you might try adding some protein in there. Maybe replace the yogurt with some cottage cheese.

Also you say that you are drinking a lot of milk, but I do not see any listed in the diet above so you might be getting in more than we think.

GhettoSmurf
06-23-2003, 05:14 AM
thats a lot of bread. why not try to change things up a bit and have some oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice, etc.

darealsmurf86
06-23-2003, 11:29 PM
well today i went out and bought, lots of yogurt, skim milk, carrots, apples, lettuce, fat free dressing, chicken breasts, grapes, mozarllea cheese, turkey, and more items...

i drink my protein drink with a glass of milk all the time, and im going to start doing 3 servings a day of whey protein to get my protein up there, what are some good exercises to do you think while im on this diet, and u think what i got is good/>

bradley
06-24-2003, 03:11 AM
well today i went out and bought, lots of yogurt, skim milk, carrots, apples, lettuce, fat free dressing, chicken breasts, grapes, mozarllea cheese, turkey, and more items...

i drink my protein drink with a glass of milk all the time, and im going to start doing 3 servings a day of whey protein to get my protein up there, what are some good exercises to do you think while im on this diet, and u think what i got is good/>

The food choice look okay IMO, but you have to keep in mind that it really comes down to calories and not food choices. I think milk and yogurt are fine, but they are not the best things to base your diet around.

With the whey and milk you have to be careful because the cals can add up quickly, and also liquid cals in general usually do not help very much as far as appetite is concerned. If you want you can post your diet, which would really be easier to give advice on rather than just looking at food choices.:)

As far as training you might want to check out one of the WBB routines on the main page.