PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone's opinion on cardio on lifting days?

Stabber
06-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Yay or nay?
And how much cardio is enough for someone cutting? 3 days? I know cardio is beneficial for making a calorie deficit, but I have no problem doing that without cardio. I'm looking to cardio for an increased metabolism. That being said...is 3 times a week good on my off days? Oh and by the way. I positively cannot do cardio in the morning if someone is going to suggest that. I lift at lunch and do cardio at night.
thanks

PeterParker
06-23-2003, 12:29 PM
if i gotta do cardio, do it after workout.

WillKuenzel
06-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Its my understanding that its best done on off days from lifting but if you have to do it on lifting days then do it after lifting and not before. Beyond that I don't know because I hate cardio and refuse to do it. :p

Bruteman
06-23-2003, 12:37 PM
3 times a week on off days is fine. Especially if you can already make a deficite without it.

Saturday Fever
06-23-2003, 01:54 PM
Cardio is horrible. I recommend never doing it unless you're extremely overweight. Losing weight is just like gaining weight. You adjust your diet and overall workout volume. Don't waste valuable energy on a device that makes you run for an hour and never get anywhere.

GhettoSmurf
06-23-2003, 02:44 PM
i think cardio is fine on workout days, but i'd try to do one in the morning, and then the other in the afternoon/evening.

ryan1117
06-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Saturday Fever
Cardio is horrible. I recommend never doing it unless you're extremely overweight. Losing weight is just like gaining weight. You adjust your diet and overall workout volume. Don't waste valuable energy on a device that makes you run for an hour and never get anywhere.
That pretty much sums up how I feel. I've never done cardio in the last five years and don't have any trouble cutting by solely adjusting my diet.

pagan058
06-23-2003, 06:21 PM
i hate cardio...but i find that when i do it i feel a lot better....Endorphin high or some bull****.....i recommend to do it in the morning....i lift and do cardio in the same day...i find that what works best for me is to just do cardio in the morning and then go back to the gym to lift later in the evening....